Don't Ask--Don't Tell Policy

UPSNewbie

What is your take on this military policy?

Yes, this is a promise not carried out by Obama to eliminate this policy.

Try and refrain from the using the usual BC [-]Republished[/-] Republican/[-]Democommie[/-] Democrat crap.

Leave your gay-bashing at the door.

Rachel Maddow: Don't Ask, Don't Tell Don't Work

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
The policy seems to be working so I say leave well enough alone.

Unless the military would like to construct and maintain separate facilities for not only men and women, but also for gay men and women.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I suspect it will be gone soon enough, it was only put in place as a halfway measure anyway. The military is a reflection of society, and society is becoming ever more accepting of gay people with each successive generation.

Overpaid Union Thug

ok. no comment then. :happy-very:

LOL! Any comment speaking against abolishing the policy would result in all kinds of ridiculous words being thrown around. You know...."gay basher", "bigot", fascist, etc., etc.. Its funny to me though because I guess that would make the majority of Americans all of the words.

tourists24

Dont know about the rest of the military, but the small part I was a part of has no place for politics. I was part of the 10th Mtn Division (light infantry) and the last thing we needed was the bs of this kind of crap. There is enough things to worry about without having social Political Correctness. Who cares who you go home with; be a professional and do your job. You have to be there for your combat buddies and vice versae. Keep your mouth shut. No room for statement makers

Overpaid Union Thug

Dont know about the rest of the military, but the small part I was a part of has no place for politics. I was part of the 10th Mtn Division (light infantry) and the last thing we needed was the bs of this kind of crap. There is enough things to worry about without having social Political Correctness. Who cares who you go home with; be a professional and do your job. You have to be there for your combat buddies and vice versae. Keep your mouth shut. No room for statement makers

Interesting. When I joined I was taught that there is always room for politics as long as we adhere by the rules set forth in the UCMJ.