Don't trust your unions, especially concerning who to vote for in presidential election

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
First Student. National master, local cba's.
Sounds like another weak national contract, this time negotiated on behalf of First Student.

Hope the language that provides for wages to be negotiated locally never finds it's way into our UPS contracts.

While there are certainly different pay rates at UPS across the country, our National Master at least sets minimums in regards to wages.

Faceplanted

Nobody is hating on unions. I'm hating on back door meetings beteeen people from the dnc telling labor unions to lie to their members about how Hillary is better for us and our pensions

Lie!!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The IBT endorsed Hillary. Trump is no friend of labor.
The quicker you realize that neither is a friend of labor the happier you will be. Obama hasn't done D* for unions and Hillary will be exactly the same. Unions aren't the political machines they were, even 25 years ago. Green and tech are their new sweethearts.

Gimme Danger

The quicker you realize that neither is a friend of labor the happier you will be. Obama hasn't done D* for unions and Hillary will be exactly the same. Unions aren't the political machines they were, even 25 years ago. Green and tech are their new sweethearts.

I'm not a big fan of Hillary, but cannot stand Trump.
The Obama NLRB has been great for unions. Let's take advantage by organizing new workers. That takes hard work, but it's worth it

Faceplanted

Thank you!!!! You are dead right.

Green tech is all crap, we need modern clean nuclear like France has

Tech is all crap, most tech workers are people here on work visas and undercut American graduates.

In all honesty we are doomed

Gimme Danger

It's to bad....

That FZ (and their supporters) won't get involved.

The Bug.... is like the "pied piper" of the IBT.

WTF.

-Bug-
My local didn't do anything until an FZ slate member was elected (and re-elected). Now we organize and members get involved.
Take advantage of the Obama NLRB. It makes a difference. Many of what unions wanted in EFCA have been put into place. Let's organize now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I promise all of you Union haters Wal-Mart is hiring. If being a Teamster is that much of a burden, get out of the way and let a junior guy have your benefits. Koch bros are also hiring robocallers for Trump

Sent using BrownCafe App
Cracks me up. A democrat on video telling union leaders to their members so they'll vote democrat

Everyone's response. Nothing to see here. Move along. lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Don't try and sell us short.

We are still a force, to be reckoned with. (politically)

Skinny jeans, and "man buns".

Let's see.... how that works out for UPS. :biggrin:

-Bug-
You're not a political force anymore, no matter how much you want to be.

And you can hate on those tech people all you want, but they're a force in the economy now. You can put your head in the dirt and think otherwise, but it doesn't make it any less true.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Thank you!!!! You are dead right.

Green tech is all crap, we need modern clean nuclear like France has

Tech is all crap, most tech workers are people here on work visas and undercut American graduates.

In all honesty we are doomed
Green tech isn't crap. It's evolving daily and some of the stuff is really incredible. My stepdad runs an organization that deals with photovoltaic cells (solar). He tells me that they're developing solar cells so fast that products that were considered cutting edge a year ago, are obsolete now. Yes people from around the world are coming to the US for the jobs, but they are also contributing to our economy. We are a global economy, and people don't seem to understand that. If we cut off trade with the world tomorrow, you guys would have a lot less sitting on the shelves of your vehicles come Monday.

Nuclear is great when you already have the power plants set up. To build them now is cost prohibitive and we have nowhere to store the nuclear waste when it is done.

Faceplanted

Green tech isn't crap. It's evolving daily and some of the stuff is really incredible. My stepdad runs an organization that deals with photovoltaic cells (solar). He tells me that they're developing solar cells so fast that products that were considered cutting edge a year ago, are obsolete now. Yes people from around the world are coming to the US for the jobs, but they are also contributing to our economy. We are a global economy, and people don't seem to understand that. If we cut off trade with the world tomorrow, you guys would have a lot less sitting on the shelves of your vehicles come Monday.

Nuclear is great when you already have the power plants set up. To build them now is cost prohibitive and we have nowhere to store the nuclear waste when it is done.
Right now the cost for solar engery per kw is horrible. Clean modern nuclear is the way. There is a documentary on Netflix that goes in depth.

Wind/solor ect is all crap for people to get big contracts

Bottom rung

I'm not a big fan of Hillary, but cannot stand Trump.
The Obama NLRB has been great for unions. Let's take advantage by organizing new workers. That takes hard work, but it's worth it
If he so great why is fed ex still classified as an airline? He's not pro labor, he's pro votes from labor.

Faceplanted

Modern nuclear reactors are much much safer than the crap we are still using from ththe 50s. On top of that they can actually use spent fuel and nuclear waste to produce power. 2 birds with one stone

Currently France is the only country really pushing this

We are instead wasting acres in wind farms and solar farms that actually harm the environment not to mention don't put out anything close to their advertised outputs

Either way from some of the leaks I have seen and even comments from head of homeland security I have a feeling lots of people will be weRing orange jump suites real soon

Last edited:

Gimme Danger

If he so great why is fed ex still classified as an airline? He's not pro labor, he's pro votes from labor.
I didn't say he was great. The changes at the NLRB are positive. The FedEx issue is in the FAA reauthorization. Good luck getting anything done with Washington gridlock on worker issues.

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_7262.JPG