Doomsday Clock

vantexan

But what about the collaborators? Who are they? The Democrats? The Republicans? The Chamber of Commerce? The shippers? The people willing to work for Ground contractors? The consumers? Where does it end? The point is that there is nothing happening to couriers that isn't happening to the entire middle class in America. And yes, that goes for promises made and broken. This isn't a conspiracy against Express couriers and it's nothing new to this economy.

Another word for collaborator would be opportunist. Let's be honest. You know the company is screwing us. And were deceptive doing it. That's not stopping you from taking advantage of an opportunity to enrich yourself. If you don't someone else will, right? Moral relativism. And this is a FedEx forum focused on FedEx issues. Does the fact that it happens elsewhere make it ok? We should just accept our lot so that some can get wealthy?

bbsam

Staff member
Another word for collaborator would be opportunist. Let's be honest. You know the company is screwing us. And were deceptive doing it. That's not stopping you from taking advantage of an opportunity to enrich yourself. If you don't someone else will, right? Moral relativism. And this is a FedEx forum focused on FedEx issues. Does the fact that it happens elsewhere make it ok? We should just accept our lot so that some can get wealthy?

Wrong. As I said before, yes, Fred is screwing you, but that has nothing to do with Ground. He could afford to do right by you but has found you compliant enough to run you over. What happens at Ground is a whole other matter.

vantexan

Wrong. As I said before, yes, Fred is screwing you, but that has nothing to do with Ground. He could afford to do right by you but has found you compliant enough to run you over. What happens at Ground is a whole other matter.

If believing that salves your conscience, go ahead. You got focused on in this thread because you are always tweaking us so it was time to return the favor. You are getting ahead because Fred needs go betweens to make Ground work with the courts. You didn't start a business because you saw a need and the chance to profit filling that need a la true capitalism. FedEx was offering a turnkey business that allows you to do well helping them get that stock price up. That stock represents the whole enchilada so you can't say what happens at Ground is a whole other matter.

vantexan

How does that affect your situation? And help me out on CSA scores, what are they?

Oh, OK, FMCSA scores. I never made a distinction to my knowledge. But the stock price is the reason for our existence at FedEx, no matter the opco. We're getting reamed to get that price up, and you are assisting them in getting it up. That makes you more valuable to them and a player in their scheme. Don't kid yourself that you are above all this, that you are just here to make money. You wouldn't have this opportunity if FedEx didn't need you to make it work legally. They'd gladly use regular mgrs to run everything if they could.