Double Agent Union Rep

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They save the inadmissible recordings for executive session.

Really.... ??

That sounds like more TDU conspiracy.

t6rm9g.jpg

-Bug-

10 point

Agreed. But if it hasn't ever been used in a hearing, who cares?
It can be used to build a case without divulging the source.

You can take illegally collected info and use it to ask "others" hypothetical or leading questions to extract info that is admissable.

It's like illegally gotten info in pro football using a surveillance microphone to listen to the other team's talk.

It happens.

22.34life

Remember union reps have to uphold the contract not what u or someone else thinks is right.its not the stewards opinion that matters it's the contract that matters

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They get help from time to time.

Some members can be "unwitting" participants, in there own discipline.

maybe members are afraid to be too specific as they may be found out by the boss.

Most members.... are afraid of their own shadow.

(and why they won't even go to a Union meeting)

They have been beaten in to submission, by the company.

But, a lot of it is "self-induced".

Meaning.... Why tell the company (and co-workers) about;

Your lifestyle.

Your mortgage.

Your 2 car payments.

Your boat payment.

Your child support.

Your alimony.... Et cetera.

How many drivers spill their guts, when a supervisor is on-car for a day ?

They have no interest in your personal life.

Other than, trying to manipulate it. (in the future)

-Bug-

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
25 years with the company and they never knew i was married, nor how many kids. always changed the subject when it became personal on ride alongs.

"oh, you don't want to talk about your outside life?"

"no, it is none of your business."

i always understood that my arrangement with the company was strickly business. and you are right , the company could use personal info against you.

people have a short memory. when the strike in 97 was looming, don't people remember managers asking drivers about their financial info? they were asking "how long can you hold out if there is a strike?"

a few dummies said " not very long." but our head steward got wind of the questioning and passed the word around to tell bosses "as long as it takes".

they got tired of asking after they heard that answer several dozen times.

so yes, they do want to know about your personal life.

35years

Gravy route
people have a short memory. when the strike in 97 was looming, don't people remember managers asking drivers about their financial info? they were asking "how long can you hold out if there is a strike?"

a few dummies said " not very long." but our head steward got wind of the questioning and passed the word around to tell bosses "as long as it takes".

I remember managers asking those questions. It was obvious they were told to do so.
I told them the truth...
I have done the math and I could last about 5 years before I would have to look for other employment, but the Union already has a job lined up for me with a competitor for the duration of the strike, if I want it.

I never discuss my personal life or details about my route or employment/discipline history during a ride along.
Better to leave them in the dark.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I have a onroad that has been in my center for about 20 yrs. He knows alot my personal life and I know alot about his. What a strange paranoid world you people live in

oldandcrabby

What ??

Huh ??

:biggrin:

Why put yourself in that position ?

Management people.... aren't that smart, anyway.

-Bug-
Really.... ??
-Bug-
Thank you to all union and BA's on BC that helped me out on this!

Hey I just wanted to say I appreciate the BA that I have had dealings with as a wife of a PC driver. We have a friend whose daughter is a senior in HS looking for scholarships for college. Long story short her grandfather is retired teamster got my information from BA posting on BC that there is scholarship money available through teamsters including grandchildren so call husbands BA and within 3 days had the paperwork and requirements for scholarships in the mail and turned over to granddaughter of retired teamster. Thank you to the BA and union stewards that post this stuff on BC.
Happy Holidays and kudos to you all.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have a onroad that has been in my center for about 20 yrs. He knows alot my personal life and I know alot about his. What a strange paranoid world you people live in
The Steward an On Car in my building are good friends. It's actually pretty funny. They'll come in and go back and forth on an issue. No yelling, but stern conversation back and forth. Then when the discussion is over they'll start talking about the deer they shot over the weekend or if one could help the other with a project.

Kind of makes you go huh? sometimes.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Steward an On Car in my building are good friends. It's actually pretty funny. They'll come in and go back and forth on an issue. No yelling, but stern conversation back and forth. Then when the discussion is over they'll start talking about the deer they shot over the weekend or if one could help the other with a project.

Kind of makes you go huh? sometimes.
Now it's all starting to make sense.
You work in Mayberry with Dave and have no idea what goes on in the real world.
I'm envious.

ski or die

Ski or Die
25 years with the company and they never knew i was married, nor how many kids. always changed the subject when it became personal on ride alongs.

"oh, you don't want to talk about your outside life?"

"no, it is none of your business."

i always understood that my arrangement with the company was strickly business. and you are right , the company could use personal info against you.

The only questioned they asked before the vote on the 97 strike during our PCM, they asked me in front of all the fellow employees how I intended to vote on the contract. I told them "I will be voting NO".

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Now it's all starting to make sense.
You work in Mayberry with Dave and have no idea what goes on in the real world.
I'm envious.
I'm fine being in this world trust me. We have our problems, but they can usually be talked out and solved. They offered me a position back home, but I turned it down because I knew I wouldn't be in an atmosphere similar to this.