Dozens of UPS flight dispatchers seeking fair pay vote to strike

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Dozens of UPS flight dispatchers seeking fair pay vote to strike - New York Daily News

Dozens of flight dispatchers who work for the United Parcel Service have voted unanimously to go on strike.

The 81 flight dispatchers have been trying to negotiate a new wage agreement with the mail carrier for more than three years. They are based in Louisville, Ky. and are represented by Transport Workers Union Local 549.

The union says the workers have gone approximately four years without a wage adjustment and that UPS has shown no serious interest in reaching an agreement.

Flight dispatchers prepare pre-flight plans for UPS planes. That entails mapping out each plane’s course, calculating the fuel requirements, coordinating with maintenance staff and tracking each flight in progress.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Wow.. so they have pissed off the Pilots, airline mechanics, and now the dispatchers!! And I saw today that they have some new link for our customers in regards to the on going negotiations on UPSERS. Our volume is down too... I wonder why???