Strike coming to UPS?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
keyword canada

almost no part timers

we have workers rights in this country, thats basically the only good thing about canada.

If you guys go on strike what would you get from your strike benefits, are you in the International's strike fund or do you have your own or supplemental?

You are covered Medically during a authorized strike...(governmental health and welfare), so that should not be a worry.

That split GWI is terrible...We got rid of it with our last contract....Any new language in yours along the lines of 22.4's...(developing a 4 year progression with new hires, thus creating a subgroup of package car drivers that will have inferior hourly rates and no bidding rights)?

Hope for the best for you all....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What percentage of your workforce is comprised of transient part timers? That over 50 % threshold that is required to call a nationwide strike will be impossible to obtain if these kids don't even bother to call in or turn in a ballot..

The only time in the States that we had over 50 % participation over the last 25 years was after the l997 strike, and it was around 51 %...Apathy is a lot worst since Carey was booted out...

When the president of your Union is quoting "best contract signed in Canada in the past 12 months" that would be a bad sign of your bargaining power, especially with UPS.
Don’t have to have 51%. But you have to have 2/3 no if it’s under 50%

ouanling

If you guys go on strike what would you get from your strike benefits, are you in the International's strike fund or do you have your own or supplemental?

You are covered Medically during a authorized strike...(governmental health and welfare), so that should not be a worry.

That split GWI is terrible...We got rid of it with our last contract....Any new language in yours along the lines of 22.4's...(developing a 4 year progression with new hires, thus creating a subgroup of package car drivers that will have inferior hourly rates and no bidding rights)?

Hope for the best for you all....
progression is just a BIT slower(a few %) for new hires, barely any difference. The progression has always been horrid.

We have unemployment, we have horrible free healthcare(enough to survive) and a bunch of other social free money if we cant work + the teamster fund.

Im only 6months in but i get about the same salary as a top rate guys because i have kids. Commie money. I'll prob get 80% of my taxes back too.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
FT
There isnt a single job at UPS that requires any skills. It's ape work, thats why i took the job. I've had my share of highly stressful jobs and still work a second highly stressful job online that requires an insane amount of knowledge and skills.

Nothing worse than guys with 20-30yrs with a chip on their shoulders, its a super easy job. Be cool. The only hard part is not hurting your body with all the sitting on a *ty seat all day which is actually pretty damn hard to do. Rest is ezpeazy
You’ve driven 6 months , a woman, and do only one route. Try learning a rural route without your precious GPS ...ROOKIE
🧔✊

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You’ve driven 6 months , a woman, and do only one route. Try learning a rural route without your precious GPS ...ROOKIE
🧔✊
“It’s so scary and cold out here and I can’t find anything in the dark. None of the addresses are marked the highway is 50 mph and google maps doesn’t work so I’ll guess I’ll just give up and cry”

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
🧔✊
True story. We had two sups go out on a route a few weeks back. Sheeted a number of stops EC because the maps were wrong.

It was an in Town route like a mile from the center

542thruNthru

Found this interesting. Even Canada knows we got hosed.
Screenshot_20201102-151825_Chrome.jpg

Should know today if it passed or was forced through.

Never mind. Because Canada sucks they extended till Nov 6th in honor of maple leaf day.