DQ on day 2 for van across street backing into my truck on a turn.

Back when I was in package we had a guy go through something similar. He was parked in the downtown area in a loading zone. While parked there his truck was sideswiped by somebody not paying attention. The other person was cited and took full responsibility. The UPS driver was still in his 30 days, and was immediately dq'd. The center manager claimed that it was out of his hands and was forced to dq the driver. The driver went back to the hub for six months, came back and qualified and has now been a seniority driver for several years. With that said, we had another driver in his 30 day period that while chaining up had his truck slide away and smash up a garage. He was not charged with an accident and went on to make seniority.

It really has to do with how much they like you and how much they need you. It's a weird company, and it's even more weird when you start to learn the difference between locals. Anyway, good luck and I hope the best for you.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I was hit while parked by a drunk being chased in a stolen car by local-police, campus police and Mass state police , i was coming down the stairs at a campus pick up , the geniuses at UPS wanted to blame me because I parked to close to the intersection , I fought these bastards all the way ,, got police statements & arrest reports and called them out till they dropped it ! Efffff them !!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was hit while parked by a drunk being chased in a stolen car by local-police, campus police and Mass state police , i was coming down the stairs at a campus pick up , the geniuses at UPS wanted to blame me because I parked to close to the intersection , I fought these bastards all the way ,, got police statements & arrest reports and called them out till they dropped it ! Efffff them !!!
It's insane how badly they want to blame every driver for every thing that happens. If a meteor smashed into a package car it would be the drivers fault because he didn't check the sky before parking.

Poop Head

Judge me.
It's insane how badly they want to blame every driver for every thing that happens. If a meteor smashed into a package car it would be the drivers fault because he didn't check the sky before parking.
That happened here, but the guy got his job back cuz he bonused like 1.5 hours a day

Zowert

It's :censored2: incredible to totally block someone in on purpose and on your walk back to the truck you see the maroon doing a fifty point back mounting the curb and going over grass to try to save ten seconds to get out anyway.

Or you see that they are backing anyway like a tard so you run to your truck and start honking seconds before they clip you. Like gd dang people just wait ten seconds.

There are some extremely impatient people out there. I never block a street for more than a minute, I always have my next ten stops ready to go so I’m quick about it. Not good enough for some people though. If they can’t get around me they will sit and honk until I move.

I had one lady pull up on me nose to nose on a single lane two way residential street the other day and refuse to move. “You shouldn’t be blocking the street!” She yelled. I ask her what other options I have and she says “Not my problem!” I tell her it’s her problem now because I’m not moving until she gets the friend out of my way. “Yes you will!” Alright, I get paid by the hour, you’re technically making me money. So I page in to center telling them about the hold up. Ten minutes later with four cars waiting behind me she finally backs out of my way.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I recall a kid I knew had a roll away, taking out 4 parked cars, one which was just brought home from the dealership. Nothing happened to him since he was a runner.

11.19igrad

Back when I was in package we had a guy go through something similar. He was parked in the downtown area in a loading zone. While parked there his truck was sideswiped by somebody not paying attention. The other person was cited and took full responsibility. The UPS driver was still in his 30 days, and was immediately dq'd. The center manager claimed that it was out of his hands and was forced to dq the driver. The driver went back to the hub for six months, came back and qualified and has now been a seniority driver for several years. With that said, we had another driver in his 30 day period that while chaining up had his truck slide away and smash up a garage. He was not charged with an accident and went on to make seniority.

It really has to do with how much they like you and how much they need you. It's a weird company, and it's even more weird when you start to learn the difference between locals. Anyway, good luck and I hope the best for you.

I'm confused by this "liking you" crap. no one likes anyone that's why we have to pay each other. I guess some people "like eachother" more to each other's face than others? If they didn't need me why did they send me to integrad at a cost of $8k- or so we were told there? Anyway, I feel less singled out now, thanks. I don't have 6 months to play games so I'm gonna at least try to get it back sooner. Id like to qualify while things are still fresh in my head...

11.19igrad

There are some extremely impatient people out there. I never block a street for more than a minute, I always have my next ten stops ready to go so I’m quick about it. Not good enough for some people though. If they can’t get around me they will sit and honk until I move.

I had one lady pull up on me nose to nose on a single lane two way residential street the other day and refuse to move. “You shouldn’t be blocking the street!” She yelled. I ask her what other options I have and she says “Not my problem!” I tell her it’s her problem now because I’m not moving until she gets the friend out of my way. “Yes you will!” Alright, I get paid by the hour, you’re technically making me money. So I page in to center telling them about the hold up. Ten minutes later with four cars waiting behind me she finally backs out of my way.
Only humans would want to order :censored2: and then feel inconvenienced that another human has to drive a vehicle on streets to deliver the :censored2: they ordered.

11.19igrad

thats just insane.

11.19igrad

Biz mgr told me the hearing is on the 30th. Told me to hang in there he will give it all he got. I'm so ready to * walk out of preload every time I show up. FML FML FML

Last edited by a moderator:

Mycow

One of our drivers got hit. It was 100 percent womans fault. Company tried to charge him with an accident so he called the lady told her that it was his fault. He figured if they going to to charge him the lady shouldn't have to pay us

Indecisi0n

Asians have a rep of being bad drivers?

tenor.gif
That's just Wong.