DQ'd This Morning

Poop Head

Judge me.
What should I do? Should I take the warehouse job and try requalifying? I'd certainly have to find another job. I really wanted this, but it seems like its not in the cards for me. The way they DQ'd me, I dont see them giving me an oppurtunity to drive.
take the pt job. Bide your time. Qualify. Get even.

The question that should be asked why is the company hiring off the street RPCD? Language in new contract says no off the street RPCD unless they can’t fill position from within.
EF8670F0-8941-4276-9B64-FF24D457378E.jpeg

bumped

What should I do? Should I take the warehouse job and try requalifying? I'd certainly have to find another job. I really wanted this, but it seems like its not in the cards for me. The way they DQ'd me, I dont see them giving me an oppurtunity to drive.

What skills do you have? Do you have a college degree? If the answer is No to both of these questions then take the part time job.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't imagine being that much of a friend-up to be disqualified this time of year. After peak -yes - but now? Is there another side of this story we need to hear?

542thruNthru

The question that should be asked why is the company hiring off the street RPCD? Language in new contract says no off the street RPCD unless they can’t fill position from within.
View attachment 270887
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

I agree. What I meant was the new contract says if the building has 22.4s they can not hire off the street RPCDs.

So if he was hired off the street as a RPCD then that must mean his building doesn't have T-S yet. ;)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
why is that frowned upon? sorry for your DQ

They only want you looking at your DIAD while your driving. Otherwise it's too unsafe...

View attachment 270887

Article 22 Section 4 (b)

"In the event the Company utilizes this classifcation, the following shall ap- ply only to those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery."

That means they can have 22.4's even if they don't have weekend ground delivery. The language you quoted only applies if a center has 22.4's and weekend delivery.

It also means they can hire RPCD's off the street if the center does weekend ground delivery, but doesn't have 22.4's yet.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can't imagine being that much of a friend-up to be disqualified this time of year. After peak -yes - but now? Is there another side of this story we need to hear?
You can believe it. I've seen the vast majority (maybe even all) of our quailfying drivers get DQ for stepping into wet cement, hitting cones, not having a sense of direction, not taking the job seriously. It is November, these are good employees. WTF.

rod

Retired 22 years
You can believe it. I've seen the vast majority (maybe even all) of our quailfying drivers get DQ for stepping into wet cement, hitting cones, not having a sense of direction, not taking the job seriously. It is November, these are good employees. WTF.
Damn--you have some real jerks for sups. A good UPS driver will have a knack for having a sense of direction. I still amaze people by usually knowing no matter where I am which direction north is. On the other hand my wife normally don't know which way is up.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Damn--you have some real jerks for sups. A good UPS driver will have a knack for having a sense of direction. I still amaze people by usually knowing no matter where I am which direction north is. On the other hand my wife normally don't know which way is up.
I never knew north was always up on the map............................No wonder I sucked.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The question that should be asked why is the company hiring off the street RPCD?

Because they can...

Language in new contract says no off the street RPCD unless they can’t fill position from within.

The language does not say that.

Why pay dues if you aren't represented? Can someone explain that?

No contractual violation, at least in the Central.

I think whoever his union guy is doesn't want to work that's what it sounds like to me

Past experience, maybe?

Central Region Supplement

ARTICLE 1

Section 1

(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty (30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be discharged without further recourse.

Depending on his trail period language, it's probably almost impossible to grieve it. We all know they can DQ you for pretty much anything.

Correct.

The only thing they can't DQ you for

ARTICLE 1

Section 1

provided however, that the Employer may not discharge or discipline for the purpose of evading this Agreement or discriminating against union members.

BS.

Until he gains seniority, he has no rights other than the contractual rate of pay.

Correct.

ARTICLE 1

Section 1

Seasonal and probationary employees will not receive any of the benefits of this Agreement other than wages spelled out in this Agreement.

KoennenTiger

Hear this crap every year and every year I tell two of these go getters you are just seasonal hold on to your pants.

You want this job?

You see these preloaders every morning?

You been in a trailer during the summer even at night chugging your gallon of water you filled in the tap in your morning? Hot even at night

You want this job it isn't just given away. Sure it was a few years back during the worst peak ever. The rest of us? We earned it.

You want this career? The line starts right over there

rocket man

Hey guys. Im an off the street FT RPCD. I came into work this morning and was DQ'd for "Not taking the job seriously". No accident, late air and back at the center everyday by 6:40pm. 145-160 stops everyday and 14 pickups. Supervisor said he came out to observe me and I wasnt using 3points of contact and i also came out of a business looking at my Diad. Today would've been day 28.

rocket man

You can beat that in two seconds if they saw you doing something wrong they should stop you and told you right on the spot.I but then it would be violating your rights for threaten you without the shop Stewerd weather in near Union or not a union has to protect you so grieve it right away talk to you shop where I don't talk to management no more about it good luck