DQ'd This Morning

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by YoungGuy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Good point

2. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

"Not taking the job seriously." Right, just like how management takes peak seriously.

3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

take the pt job. Bide your time. Qualify. Get even.

4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

This is vague, obscure and subjective.
    Is there a metric for this?

Were there two supes observing the alleged methods violation?

5. Slumpbuster

Slumpbuster New Member

The question that should be asked why is the company hiring off the street RPCD? Language in new contract says no off the street RPCD unless they can’t fill position from within.
    EF8670F0-8941-4276-9B64-FF24D457378E.jpeg

6. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

What skills do you have? Do you have a college degree? If the answer is No to both of these questions then take the part time job.

7. rod

rod retired and happy

I can't imagine being that much of a F-up to be disqualified this time of year. After peak -yes - but now? Is there another side of this story we need to hear?

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In a RTW state the Union has to represent you even if you are not a dues paying Union member.

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

10. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You just needed a reason for your new arrows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're talking about.
    tenor-51.gif

12. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

They only want you looking at your DIAD while your driving. Otherwise it's too unsafe...

Article 22 Section 4 (b)

"In the event the Company utilizes this classifcation, the following shall ap- ply only to those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery."

That means they can have 22.4's even if they don't have weekend ground delivery. The language you quoted only applies if a center has 22.4's and weekend delivery.

It also means they can hire RPCD's off the street if the center does weekend ground delivery, but doesn't have 22.4's yet.

13. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

You can believe it. I've seen the vast majority (maybe even all) of our quailfying drivers get DQ for stepping into wet cement, hitting cones, not having a sense of direction, not taking the job seriously. It is November, these are good employees. WTF.

14. rod

rod retired and happy

Damn--you have some real jerks for sups. A good UPS driver will have a knack for having a sense of direction. I still amaze people by usually knowing no matter where I am which direction north is. On the other hand my wife normally don't know which way is up.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  15. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Exactly. That elusive holiday sneaks up every year.

16. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I never knew north was always up on the map............................No wonder I sucked.

17. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Because they can...

The language does not say that.

No contractual violation, at least in the Central.

Past experience, maybe?

Central Region Supplement

ARTICLE 1

Section 1

(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty (30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be discharged without further recourse.

Correct.

The only thing they can't DQ you for

ARTICLE 1

Section 1

provided however, that the Employer may not discharge or discipline for the purpose of evading this Agreement or discriminating against union members.

Correct.

ARTICLE 1

Section 1

Seasonal and probationary employees will not receive any of the benefits of this Agreement other than wages spelled out in this Agreement.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Hear this crap every year and every year I tell two of these go getters you are just seasonal hold on to your pants.

You want this job?

You see these preloaders every morning?

You been in a trailer during the summer even at night chugging your gallon of water you filled in the tap in your morning? Hot even at night

You want this job it isn't just given away. Sure it was a few years back during the worst peak ever. The rest of us? We earned it.

You want this career? The line starts right over there

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

20. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

You can beat that in two seconds if they saw you doing something wrong they should stop you and told you right on the spot.I but then it would be violating your rights for threaten you without the shop Stewerd weather in near Union or not a union has to protect you so grieve it right away talk to you shop where I don't talk to management no more about it good luck