DQ'd This Morning

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by YoungGuy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. YoungGuy

YoungGuy New Member

Hey guys. Im an off the street FT RPCD. I came into work this morning and was DQ'd for "Not taking the job seriously". No accident, late air and back at the center everyday by 6:40pm. 145-160 stops everyday and 14 pickups. Supervisor said he came out to observe me and I wasnt using 3points of contact and i also came out of a business looking at my Diad. Today would've been day 28.

2. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Seen it happen plenty in all the years I've been here.

3. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

All I can say is grieve it and see what happens but sounds to me like someone has it out for you

4. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

why is that frowned upon? sorry for your DQ

5. How can he grieve it when he isn't in the union yet?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. YoungGuy

YoungGuy New Member

Yea thats what it has to be. Somoene must've hated me. It seems like i was never actually going to qualify. I was offered a PT warehouse position. Why would you want me in your warehouse if im unsafe and don't take things seriously. Union guy told me I couldnt greive it either. it would just be a waste of time. That came from the guy at the local teamsters office.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Sorry buddy. It happens even to the best drivers. I've been dq'd twice

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. YoungGuy

YoungGuy New Member

I pay union dues, but that doesen't matter since i havent made 30 days? FWIW ive worked 32 days if you count the week i worked inside before they started training me.

9. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

Didn't know he wasn't union yet he said he was an insider so I assumed he was union

10. He said he was hired off the street. Maybe I'm wrong?

11. If you are in the union it's a different story. Get a hold of your steward.

12. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

Yea this sounds about right for what ups does, seen them do it a few times at my center. They hire so much outside help, they cant keep them all. So this sounds about right

13. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

He is not in the union

14. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

He also said he paid union dues but was told it wasn't worth grieving

15. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Why pay dues if you aren't represented? Can someone explain that?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. YoungGuy

YoungGuy New Member

Im an off the stree hire. After i came back from Intergrad I worked 5 days inside the warehouse. Then 27 days behind the windshield. I filled out the paperwork to join the union when I started. Dues have been taken out since.

17. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

I think whoever his union guy is doesn't want to work that's what it sounds like to me

18. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Depending on his trail period language, it's probably almost impossible to grieve it. We all know they can DQ you for pretty much anything.

19. You know they like pulling that crap this time of the year. Well we will give him another 30 days to qualify again....

20. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

Then I would file no matter if someone wants you to or not always look out for number one something I have been taught by many of our senior drivers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List