DRA

NC man

our Sr Mgr said in Sept we would stop with DRA, are other stations doing this? is this part of the pt del p1 and ft del p2 and get pups? Has that pt ft thing been delayed ? hear a lot of rumors.

AB831

our Sr Mgr said in Sept we would stop with DRA, are other stations doing this? is this part of the pt del p1 and ft del p2 and get pups? Has that pt ft thing been delayed ? hear a lot of rumors.
My station turned off DRA around Mother's Day, and our manager said that it is being replaced, but he didn't give us any other information than that.

McFeely

Huge Member
They’re turning DRA off at my station because of the new 10:30 biz/12:00 resi P1 commit times. I guess their reasoning is that DRA/ROADS cannot work with 2 different commit times so they’re going back to SRA.

Don’t ask me though, DRA seems to recognize 10:30, 15:00, 16:30, and 18:00 commits all in the same route.

I’m just hoping driverswill be able to give input on our SRA boundaries but I doubt we will.

Buhryein

DRA is being replaced for everyone supposedly going to be turn by turn with the Leo devices.

!Retired!

They’re turning DRA off at my station because of the new 10:30 biz/12:00 resi P1 commit times. I guess their reasoning is that DRA/ROADS cannot work with 2 different commit times so they’re going back to SRA.

Don’t ask me though, DRA seems to recognize 10:30, 15:00, 16:30, and 18:00 commits all in the same route.

I’m just hoping driverswill be able to give input on our SRA boundaries but I doubt we will.
Our was turned off also. We told the same thing.
I don't recall DRA being able to route you for 1500 business commit. My route is 95% resi and it always had me doing the businesses last, which would have been after 1500, if I didn't break off.
We weren't asked for help setting up SRA boundaries initially. But, we tell our manager the little tweaks and, if it's logical, she passes it on to the engineer.
DRA is being replaced for everyone supposedly going to be turn by turn with the Leo devices.
Turn by turn has been put on the shelf, for now. Maybe it will make a comeback, maybe not.....for now, it's SRA for us.

Nolimitz

We are still running DRA on half the station (as usual) but the volume of stops is over whelming the system and trying to create more rtes. than we have people or trucks for. ATM we are being asked to loop balance P1 Bus/resi to make it work. Glad I'm mostly a shuttle/pup driver on routes that are so far out that DRA or turn by turn will never work... Our station isnt even close to running two sorts

NC man

Yea , I can have biz sos and it will send me out of the way to do it before 1500 so it recognizes it at our station. Wondered how much the problems with dra are fault of software vs engineer too but going back to certain area will be better imo since dra does some stupid s##t.

NC man

We are still running DRA on half the station (as usual) but the volume of stops is over whelming the system and trying to create more rtes. than we have people or trucks for. ATM we are being asked to loop balance P1 Bus/resi to make it work. Glad I'm mostly a shuttle/pup driver on routes that are so far out that DRA or turn by turn will never work... Our station isnt even close to running two sorts
Luckily my rte now is 99% resi so 1030 biz no issue for me but it’s due to volume as my rte was pushed further out so to speak away from the businesses I used to do. Going back to SRA will change that possibly.

Nolimitz

Yea , I can have biz sos and it will send me out of the way to do it before 1500 so it recognizes it at our station. Wondered how much the problems with dra are fault of software vs engineer too but going back to certain area will be better imo since dra does some stupid s##t.
DRA has been a lost cause since day 1. I dont miss my old DRA route one second of the day. few more years on my scenic retirement route and adios MF's. I am running out of audio books however!

McFeely

Huge Member
I honestly don’t care one way or another on DRA or SRA since I did this route long before we had DRA at my station. My only reservation is listening to all the newish couriers whining about how tough this job is without a dot-to-dot sequence map.

Glad I can run my route without a map or phone app.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The replacement is tentatively (and maybe permanently) called E-star and it can work with multiple P1 commit times. It also goes about building routes in a different way. It's a welcome replacement for old ROADS/DRA technology.

FedexGirl

Hope springs eternal!! I don’t care how well you know your route, having to mentally sort it all out every morning leaves too much room for error

The replacement is tentatively (and maybe permanently) called E-star and it can work with multiple P1 commit times. It also goes about building routes in a different way. It's a welcome replacement for old ROADS/DRA technolo

falcon back

Hope springs eternal!! I don’t care how well you know your route, having to mentally sort it all out every morning leaves too much room for error
You must be a newbie. It's been done that way since day 1. You might have an occasional overlooked stop but your powerdad still gives you your stops and piece count. You know where they are and how to run them. I have never used DRA any of its predecessors and have managed just fine.

SmithBarney

We've never turned on DRA, but anyway
DRA is being replaced with MILES AHEAD, not sure which is the acronym. When you get your new LEO (PPAD device) you'll love it..maybe.

bbsam

Staff member
Strange. Express ending DRA just as Ground finalizes implementation of DRO. Hard to believe it’s coincidence but I have no idea what that means.

McFeely

Huge Member
Strange. Express ending DRA just as Ground finalizes implementation of DRO. Hard to believe it’s coincidence but I have no idea what that means.

The new Leo devices have a mapping function built in. The one thing DRA did that was a benefit was route balancing. Not sure if the company had any plans for what to do about that when we go back to SRA other than hoping couriers can work well (ha!) with their loops.

Buhryein

The new Leo devices have a mapping function built in. The one thing DRA did that was a benefit was route balancing. Not sure if the company had any plans for what to do about that when we go back to SRA other than hoping couriers can work well (ha!) with their loops.

That's probably a reason they want to get away from DRA because according to their planning the computer decides when it becomes impossible to meet the plan and makes new routes. Without that they don't make extra baseline routes (because it's too much work for the loop to do by their own goals) and figure whatever overage there is your loop has to just suck it up.

McFeely

Huge Member
I do think it has to do with staffing as well. Our station and some of our DRA loops have been blowing up DRA and creating insane amounts of routes with nobody to run them (nor vehicles).

NC man

DRA never balanced well as they claimed. In my loop one rte would have return to bldg 1530 and other two 1645 and crossing over routes. Then when things get heavy DRA goes nuts and puts last few stops far away from your other stops. Luckily we work together and shift stops to tighten things up when that happens