Driver facing cameras in the cab

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Ya, not really worried about my job I can start collecting the day I leave. There might be some other managers that have to worry about it...

34yearpackagehumper

You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
Glad I am retired, this is beyond micro-managing . I bet you get off on firing people . Thank God for our union to deal with Managers like you. In my 34 years as a PC Driver I saw some really decent managers and some like you. The ones like you if enough people in the center complained your job would be in jeopardy . We found a way to get rid of a really bad one. He was called in to report to the DM and we never heard of him again . WE ALL SAID GOOD RIDDANCE !

Thebrownblob

Glad I am retired, this is beyond micro-managing . I bet you get off on firing people . Thank God for our union to deal with Managers like you. In my 34 years as a PC Driver I saw some really decent managers and some like you. The ones like you if enough people in the center complained your job would be in jeopardy . We found a way to get rid of a really bad one. He was called in to report to the DM and we never heard of him again . WE ALL SAID GOOD RIDDANCE !
I’ve dealt with a lot of CMs, I realize they have a job to do. But if you treat people with respect, you will get it in return the majority of the time, from the majority of the people. If not well……. It’s not personal, it’s business.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’ve dealt with a lot of CMs, I realize they have a job to do. But if you treat people with respect, you will get it in return the majority of the time, from the majority of the people. If not well……. It’s not personal, it’s business.
2CC794F9-26D7-41CE-A9E4-7A79D7A3480B.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And unfortunately gone are the days where even On car supervisor, who’s trying to tell me what to do, can’t even do the job theirselves! In the old days the majority of those guys, and gals Drove for a bit of time so they had some credibility.
Exactly. Some even had a piece of their soul left.

And unfortunately gone are the days where even On car supervisor, who’s trying to tell me what to do, can’t even do the job theirselves! In the old days the majority of those guys, and gals Drove for a bit of time so they had some credibility.
That is the exact answer.
All of the on-car supervisors in my building I don't think drove for more than 30 days.

The other problem is this company is expecting technology to take the place of actual on the job learning.

Could you imagine if the computer systems crashed at work and nobody had any stops listed in their DIAD?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So you think its ok for employees to tamper with company property?
and you don't know me so don't assume that you do.

Thebrownblob

That is the exact answer.
All of the on-car supervisors in my building I don't think drove for more than 30 days.

The other problem is this company is expecting technology to take the place of actual on the job learning.

Could you imagine if the computer systems crashed at work and nobody had any stops listed in their DIAD?
We’ve had a couple who disqualified as drivers! 😂