Driver facing cameras in the cab

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
Looks like you will finally start cleaning the cabs. Going to kill your car wash hours, peewee. Get ready for a butt chewing on the conference calls.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
What's going to happen when the runners that management knows are violating the law suddenly hit a school bus full of kids? It is now on record that management overlooks their violations to make their production numbers. Don't think I won't find that lawyer and inform them of all the technology ups uses to monitor drivers but looks the other way until the crap hits the fan. Technology works both ways!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
How's the camera in your office working out ?
They catch you snoozing or watching you tube on your phone yet ?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
That is the exact answer.
All of the on-car supervisors in my building I don't think drove for more than 30 days.

The other problem is this company is expecting technology to take the place of actual on the job learning.

Could you imagine if the computer systems crashed at work and nobody had any stops listed in their DIAD?
Grab a blank piece of paper and start sheeting

34yearpackagehumper

So you think its ok for employees to tamper with company property?
and you don't know me so don't assume that you do.
No I never said it was ok to tamper with company property,just the thought of the camera being there says alot. . It means the company can't trust you to do your job. As far as not knowing you is probably a good thing. I have been reading your post for years just never commented on any of them. Your posts come off as anti-hourly. This forum is a place were hourlies come to mostly vent. What is your point for being here if you don't mind me asking ?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No I never said it was ok to tamper with company property,just the thought of the camera being there says alot. . It means the company can't trust you to do your job. As far as not knowing you is probably a good thing. I have been reading your post for years just never commented on any of them. Your posts come off as anti-hourly. This forum is a place were hourlies come to mostly vent. What is your point for being here if you don't mind me asking ?
Spy

He has been a member of this forum for a long time.

I think his sarcasm is funny but no matter what he says he will get blasted because he's a management.

And I truly believe he enjoys stirring the pot.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He has been a member of this forum for a long time.

I think his sarcasm is funny but no matter what he says he will get blasted because he's a management.

And I truly believe he enjoys stirring the pot.
We have no control who reads our posts, or what they do with that info. I would be very circumspect about any info that could reveal where I work. Especially when bad mouthing UPS or management.

34yearpackagehumper

I’ve dealt with a lot of CMs, I realize they have a job to do. But if you treat people with respect, you will get it in return the majority of the time, from the majority of the people. If not well……. It’s not personal, it’s business.
UPS has a way of turning good hourlies into bad OCS and center manager's . When they try to be nice people to employees they seem to become a target for upper management. They really don't want them to be friends with one another . Example my last OCS was a really nice guy and we all worked hard to make his numbers look good. However the better we made him look the more they beat up on him. He finally said he had enough of this crap and quit. He says that's the best thing he could of done. He told me he now "has his life back" . I really believe the stress was about to take him out. When I started at UPS in the late 70's my goal was to go into management . However after seeing what they when thru I found it to be safer as a driver. I was totally right on that move. They needed a union more than we did . Lol

Many snakes on here.
Not as popular as it used to be.
Screenshot_20220514-115101-734.png