Driver follow ups (time allowance)

Seriously it's ridiculous the amount I get when I come back from vacation. I usually only get a couple all year and half of them are ones that we didn't deliver. I come back from vacation and I might have half a dozen
In my last center there were a couple cover drivers that always had 5+ a month. I tried to explain to them that they (for the most part) had complete control over those. That if they slowed down and did quality DRs to prevent them they would save the company money and it’s reputation. Even if they were an hour overallowed everyday. But they love their bonus.

In my last center there were a couple cover drivers that always had 5+ a month. I tried to explain to them that they (for the most part) had complete control over those. That if they slowed down and did quality DRs to prevent them they would save the company money and it’s reputation. Even if they were an hour overallowed everyday. But they love their bonus.
I'm glad we don't have bonus

ManInBrown

I only would do DFU's that had my name on it, which was maybe once a year. But they would give them to me that other drivers delivered. Nope. i don't know the details of the delivery so I'm going to try playing policeman on it. I would leave that to the other driver.
Agree. When I was in package and had my bid route I maybe had one or two DFU’s for something I delivered in four years. Like clockwork as soon as I came back from vacation I had 2 or 3 per week for a month. If the driver who delivered it was working in the same area that day I’d hand it to them. If not they didn’t get completed.

MrBates

I’ve heard that we get a big time allowance for doing DFUs. Is this true? How much time? What if it’s a NI1? Does it still count? And what happens if I forget to do it? It’s easy to forget them since they’re not in my board and I don’t want to go back for it when I finish the route (especially if I’m doing a split)

Whenever I get a DFU I conduct a detailed investigation and make sure to include the notes on the form. One of the easiest stops to do cause your not carrying any boxes and your getting paid to have a full conversation with the customer.

That being said, we have this runner in our building who makes it no secret that he actually throws them away in the garbage can as soon as he gets one, and he's never been diciplined for not doing them. Why someone would throw away money like that is beyond me.

MrBates

Do enough of them and you just bought yourself a good amount of time to :censored2: at one of your businesses. Ahhhh nice clean, ac quiet :censored2:.

I dropped one of my own "irregs" yesterday. I had a choice of a johnny on the spot which was literally walking distance from my truck, or Kohls which was one mile down the road. With the 90 degree heat, It was a no brainer, I held that sucker in and let her rip in Kohl's clean and pristine, air conditioned restroom while watching YouTube on my phone. After that I think my sporh when up from 16 to 17 per hour. Its all about quality of life.