Driver leaves in underwear

Channahon

You sound like you're 150 years old. Are you serious?

If I wasn't serious I would not have written the post. It is my perspective on the absurd behavior of a 30 year UPS driver, who made a decision to take off his pants and allow himself to be seen in public in his underwear.

Last edited:

brownrodster

If I wasn't serious I would have written the post. It is my perspective on the absurd behavior of a 30 year UPS driver, who made a decision to take off his pants and allow himself to be seen in public in his underwear.

My underwear are almost indistinguishable from normal shorts. A person walking around in boxer shorts in hot summer california would hardly be out of the ordinary.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
... I merely stated I would kick his ass, if he did something that inappropiate, as I would imagine he would respond the same way if I went out to get the mail in my bra and underwear.

My final thoughts on this subject.

I just got home from work and went out to get my mail....and a female jogger went running by in a tiny pair of shorts and a sports bra. I didnt give her a second look, thats what most women joggers wear around here when its hot. A lot of the men dont wear shirts at all. The entire concept of underwear remaining concealed changed back in the early 80's when Madonna became popular.

NI1

Apparently, ups is still fighting that double parking is LEGAL. My question is, lifting a 60 pound package to deliver it on the second floor with no elevator is also legal but unsafe.If I feel unsafe of the situation I WONT DO IT! remember......safety by choice not by chance that has been drilled to us every pcm?

If any of you ever been to frisco, you will also wonder how is it possible to double park into some of those streets. It just have too many factors

NI1

To make the long story short.

The sup was bragging after he fired him. Bragging when he got back to the office. Bragging that he is the one who got this driver fired.

that driver is the nicest guy you will ever meet. so to all who thinks this is just a matter of being just a stupid driver and just being insubordinate you got it wrong.

The next morning, drivers were ready to walk out. and apparently the following day, the drivers are all going to walk out if there is no resolution. So that same day, he was reinstated.

thats all I heard. :happy-very:

DS

Fenderbender

that driver is the nicest guy you will ever meet. so to all who thinks this is just a matter of being just a stupid driver and just being insubordinate you got it wrong.

The next morning, drivers were ready to walk out. and apparently the following day, the drivers are all going to walk out if there is no resolution. So that same day, he was reinstated.

OK next thread

NI1

am I missing something? sorry I just saw the thread and since I know who the thread was talking about I thought I chime in. I apologize if I somehow got this thread back up.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
am I missing something? sorry I just saw the thread and since I know who the thread was talking about I thought I chime in. I apologize if I somehow got this thread back up.
No NI1, you didn't do anything wrong. I am glad you posted the info that you did. DS was hoping that since you posted the driver was back to work this thread would die off. Right DS? Please keep posting away NI. It's ok. :happy-very:

soberups

And that, my friends, is what trade unionism is all about.

soberups

Ok, on the one hand, double-parking is technically illegal and at least potentially unsafe.

On the other hand, in certain crowded metro areas it is probably the only conceivable way to deliver anything.

The problem here is that the company wants it both ways. They want the driver to double park in order to get the work done, yet they will turn around and suspend or fire that same driver...citing the 10 pt commentary and other safety drivel.... if he does what they want him to do and it winds up causing an accident. The driver is basically screwed no matter what he does. It is hypocritical and blatantly unfair.

The solution to this problem is simple; the company should enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the local union in areas where double-parking is an "established practice", with the agreement that a driver CAN be instructed to double park and will therefore NOT be charged with an accident or required to pay any ticket that results from said double parking.

In the case of the driver getting fired and walking away in his skivvies, such an arrangement would have prevented the incident from ever occuring in the first place.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Thats what the neighbors said about a guy arrested for multiple child abuse/rape cases.

All we can go on is his actions. And yes, nice people do stupid things as well as the not so nice. Maybe more.

ups is still fighting that double parking is LEGAL
Really? Now how hard can that be to determine. Either it is or it is not.

But I guess since things in California are so convoluted and in limbo.......
d

tieguy

Banned
A good labor lawyer (jonny cochran) should be able to take all of UPS' safety mumbo jumbo (if it isn't safe then don't do it) and throw it back in their face for a slam dunk win.

The illegal park is no longer an issue here. A deranged driver who refused his supervisors instructions and ran off in his underwear now is.

tieguy

Banned

The sup was bragging after he fired him. Bragging when he got back to the office. Bragging that he is the one who got this driver fired.

Drivers were going to take a discharge walking off the job? what center?

Channahon

I just got home from work and went out to get my mail....and a female jogger went running by in a tiny pair of shorts and a sports bra. I didnt give her a second look, thats what most women joggers wear around here when its hot. A lot of the men dont wear shirts at all. The entire concept of underwear remaining concealed changed back in the early 80's when Madonna became popular.

Jogging attire is appropiate to the activity. A UPS driver in his underwear is not conducive to a drivers daily routine.

over9five

Staff member
My opinion:

If my supervisor fired me, I would assume I was fired (until I got my job back). If he doesn't have the authority to fire me, then why did he? Shouldn't the supervisor get fired for his unethical behavior if he fired someone when he doesn't have that right? Why has no-one brought this up?

Anything the driver did after he was fired should not be an issue at a hearing, he was not a UPS employee. (Although it was dumb, dumb, dumb).

Thanks for the additional info, NI1. Keep us updated!