Driver of 20 years, how do I get out of the union?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Anymore than a week and all the young guys will cross.
I know it was a short strike in 97’ but honestly, the thought of ever crossing the line never entered my mind. There were guys there that had been in the last one and were out months.
Besides, how could you ever face your former friends again?
And you better not drive a nice car after that either. Lol

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I know it was a short strike in 97’ but honestly, the thought of ever crossing the line never entered my mind. There were guys there that had been in the last one and were out months.

We recently had one that crossed on day one retire...25 years after the fact she was still considered a “Scab” and everybody knew it...

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I’d appreciate no opinions. Just answers to how to get out of the Union.
Sorry, no, you don't get to determine how people respond.

There is no excuse to be a freeloader With all the non union options in this country, you can even go management at UPS.

Instead of believing all the anti union crap that certain political and buisness groups have been feeding you for years you should open your eyes and see what non union delivery drivers make compared to you.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Sorry, no, you don't get to determine how people respond.

There is no excuse to be a freeloader With all the non union options in this country, you can even go management at UPS.

Instead of believing all the anti union crap that certain political and buisness groups have been feeding you for years you should open your eyes and see what non union delivery drivers make compared to you.
I think he had a crappy preloader today

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

That's what makes people like that so disgusting. They love getting all of the negotiated benefits but don't want to pay dues. Lower than low....
The one benefit I could see with it is if enough members disagree with the union as a vote of no confidence you could organize a massive withdrawal. Only way to change is to hurt the wallet. I thought something like that would happen after the shenanigans they pulled with the last contract vote.

Johney

Pretty much all of the people that crossed in 97 at our building were all gone by the time I left. Most quit or were fired, some stayed long enough to retire, but it wasn't pleasant for them.

Johney

Don’t you keep everything and still get all the protections? All that happens is you save on dues and can’t vote.
Well there is protection and there is PROTECTION. I seriously doubt you'll get the same representation as a non dues paying member. I had some issue's with one of my month's of pension benefits and even though I was retired but paid my dues for 33 years except out on comp my shop stewards and B.A. still came to my aid to help me straighten it out. Think that would happen to a scab? I doubt it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well there is protection and there is PROTECTION. I seriously doubt you'll get the same representation as a non dues paying member. I had some issue's with one of my month's of pension benefits and even though I was retired but paid my dues for 33 years except out on comp my shop stewards and B.A. still came to my aid to help me straighten it out. Think that would happen to a scab? I doubt it.
I always thought they wouldn’t get the same representation. Human nature.