Driver of 20 years, how do I get out of the union?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I’d appreciate no opinions. Just answers to how to get out of the Union.
1651147276435.png

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Mint is telling me I spend $100 a month on coffee what's a little union due supposed to do on top of that? Make me poor?

Is OP going to cancel their $15 a month amazon subscription?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
When members vote no for something and the union passes it anyways there is no point in doing it. They have to earn back trust from my perspective. We’ll see what happens next year.
I get your frustration there 100%. I’m still sour about that decision. They did eradicate the 2/3 rule after that debacle though.

542thruNthru

Anymore than a week and all the young guys will cross.
Don't forget the old guys on there 3rd wife. @Wally will be offering to mow the center manager yard after one week.
Can you even opt out of the union if you're not in a right to work state?
Sadly yes you can. Instead of paying union dues you'll pay "agency fees" which is about the same amount as your dues.

Last edited:

Johney

What happened overnight? This thread had a ton of replies and my final comment was deleted.
Listen go ahead and bail out save that $70 a month or whatever it is you pay, but trust me it won't be easy on you and I'm not saying that because I paid dues my whole career sometimes not happy with my union. Managers in my building had little respect for scabs(funny as it is)cause most were dues paying union members before going to the dark side. Take it with a grain of salt.... you don't step on the toes connected to the Butt you may have to kiss someday. I said it before my union bros. helped me out after retirement if you think that they would help a scab you are seriously delusional.

542thruNthru

I just find it funny. The old-timers always say the young kids are going to cross first. Yet everyday all you hear from the old timers is how the young kids always take dead days and don't want to work.

So which is it? They need the money or they don't need the money??

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I just find it funny. The old-timers always say the young kids are going to cross first. Yet everyday all you hear from the old timers is how the young kids always take dead days and don't want to work.

May I borrow a few of your dead days

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Might be different in some parts of the country but I know the millennials wouldn’t cross here.

542thruNthru

How long can they hold out? Things are easy until the bank wants that mortgage payment.
Old timers don't have a mortgage payment? Car payments? Credit card debt.

Oh I forgot the older generation knew how to save money that's why they are not working into their 70s.....

Johney

Young people today just don't want to work for their money.

Johney

How long can they hold out? Things are easy until the bank wants that mortgage payment.
My opinion is if there's a strike the company will take it as far as they can. Way more than the two week strike in 97. just my opinion. We shall see.