Driver seniority, Saturday’s and dead days how does this work?

A.Spooner

How does it work when a driver has a route that is in everyday, but they are asked by management if they’d like to take the day off and force a driver with less seniority to run their route? I was forced to work on Monday which wouldn’t be a big deal, but this driver is always given dead days and i’m forced to run their route. I’m also forced to work on Saturdays. So i’m working 6 days a week while, they only work 4. First is there anything I can do about this, if so please site specific contract language. Second, on Saturday they are not forcing based on seniority. The same drivers below me seniority wise always have the day off because they only know 1 route, so management doesn’t want to deal with sending them out in an unfamiliar area. Can I file on this also to resolve the issue, if so please help with specifics in contract.

How does it work when a driver has a route that is in everyday, but they are asked by management if they’d like to take the day off and force a driver with less seniority to run their route? I was forced to work on Monday which wouldn’t be a big deal, but this driver is always given dead days and i’m forced to run their route. I’m also forced to work on Saturdays. So i’m working 6 days a week while, they only work 4. First is there anything I can do about this, if so please site specific contract language. Second, on Saturday they are not forcing based on seniority. The same drivers below me seniority wise always have the day off because they only know 1 route, so management doesn’t want to deal with sending them out in an unfamiliar area. Can I file on this also to resolve the issue, if so please help with specifics in contract.
Bank the money and slow down on your 6th day...

A.Spooner

I’m a method follower so i’m definitely getting paid for my time. I don’t mind the Saturdays once in a while but I don’t really need the extra money. I’d rather have time with family. I just want to see what I can do about management not following seniority rules when it comes to forcing work on Saturday. Also I want to know how I can make sure someone isn’t given the option to stay home and not do their own route but force me to run it, especially since the route itself sucks.

JJinVA

Theres only one reasonable way to deal with this. Burn the building to the ground and scream black lives matter while wearing your moms pajamas in the parking lot. Youll be given a raise and/or promotion to corporate management

Nah

You wouldn't happen to be a 22.4 would you? Because if you are, they can't lay that driver off and have you do his route.