Driver seniority, Saturday’s and dead days how does this work?

Nah

Central Region, Article 12 section 9. I think it's a long shot, but it might just do the trick. Especially since your 6th day is the other driver's regular day. Ask your business agent what he/she thinks. There's no good reason why they need to be laying off an available driver only to force someone else to do 6 days to cover for him.

Screenshot_20200927-114307.png

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I’m a method follower so i’m definitely getting paid for my time. I don’t mind the Saturdays once in a while but I don’t really need the extra money. I’d rather have time with family. I just want to see what I can do about management not following seniority rules when it comes to forcing work on Saturday. Also I want to know how I can make sure someone isn’t given the option to stay home and not do their own route but force me to run it, especially since the route itself sucks.
Don't ever tell anyone in your center that.

You will regret it.

542thruNthru

The same drivers below me seniority wise always have the day off because they only know 1 route, so management doesn’t want to deal with sending them out in an unfamiliar area. Can I file on this also to resolve the issue, if so please help with specifics in contract.
File a grievance on them not following seniority. Forced in on Saturday is supposed to go by seniority not by who they think should be working.
Article 22.4 #8 of the NMA
Screenshot_20200927-123206_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

In addition to CRS 12.9 paragraph 2. Might be a long shot, but something's not right here.
That language I believe is more for the company. It allows them to say no to a employee that's trying to get OT pay by using someone that hasn't worked 5 days yet.

Can anyone tell me what an "open seniority" driver is? From my understanding this is all cover drivers who don't have a route? Would 224s who pick routes like RPCD cover drivers be included in this? In my building we have about 25 22.4s who can't get forced on routes that were not bid. Now all cover guys who have been here for years are getting forced on routes instead of 22.4s. Can 22.4s get forced on routes that nobody bid on? And can 22.4s bid routes if nobody takes them?

A.Spooner

You know the lie and are sneaky.
This is accurate. They used to tell me the individual called off but I’d look at the code next to their name and see it was a lay-off. Now I just straight up ask the employee, and they tell me yeah I got a text asking if I wanted the day off. They told me this past Saturday a couple people used vacation/option days to take the day off. They’ve previously told us we can’t use vacation/option days on Saturday(I’ve tried this too and been denied)

This is accurate. They used to tell me the individual called off but I’d look at the code next to their name and see it was a lay-off. Now I just straight up ask the employee, and they tell me yeah I got a text asking if I wanted the day off. They told me this past Saturday a couple people used vacation/option days to take the day off. They’ve previously told us we can’t use vacation/option days on Saturday(I’ve tried this too and been denied)
You can use them in a Saturday