Drivers cheating to tear up routes

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Runners do provide a few benefits for the rest of us though. The first one, which is the best, is that they are always the recipients of our excess work. The second is morning entertainment. I love watching their reactions when they show up and see the extra work that was given to them. They are actually in shock that the dispatcher had the audacity to give them even more. The follow up facial expressions are priceless because you can almost hear the gears binding as their clueless little minds attempt to figure out how it happened.
as difficult (and counter-intuitive) as it is, i've been trying to stick to orion the last week and averaging maybe 94.

a few days ago i was just coming off my lunch break when all 15 of my pickups started canceling. as i roll out into the intersection i see another pkg car pulling into one of my pickups across the street, tapping my horn to get his attention.

"you running behind?" he asks, i just shake my head no.

we both got back to the center about the same time, me with 130 stops, him with 180

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i should add that as a direct result of me adding my name to the 9.5 list i had the pleasure of my ORS joining me on route. the day after he called me after the pcm to say how great it was i hit almost 98% orion.

Hot Carl

We have your typical runner gunners in our center. I see them sprinting their asses off out there from time-to-time. They call pickups, they slam the DIAD in the cradle all day and then complain when it stops working. They check their numbers on the chart every morning. And there's no amount of reasoning that can be done to get them to stop. As others in this thread have said, they'll learn someday, even if it takes a tier 3.

We also have a couple of absolute bums who I flat out refuse to help under any circumstances. One of them is a guy who was fired for dishonesty for sheeting all of his 3rd floor apartment irregs APT and NSN and bringing them all back. But he got his job back and he still does stuff like that all while putting in zero effort and bombing route after route.

There's another guy they brought over from Amazon (don't ask me why) who basically calls the center at noon every day and says he needs help. He's a 22.4 who they leave on the same split car every week because he can't do anything else. The guys next to him hate him because they always have to help him. I've done the route before and to say it's easy really doesn't do it justice. I've had 200+ stops off by 6:30 and I am not a runner. He dropped his truck one day because he "didn't feel well". Also has a tendency to skip apartments and irregs and give them to whoever comes to help him.. There's a whole bunch of other examples like this and I'm kinda flabbergasted as to how he ever qualified.

It's guys like that I just don't have any respect for. For every runner gunner who wonders why they always get sent to help, there's a lazy snail of a driver whining about always getting called into the office and receiving a warning letter, a suspension, or having to go to panel and get on their hands and knees to beg for their job back.

Moral of the story, there's a fine line between avoiding being taken advantage of and simply growing a pair and doing your :censored2:in job.

Last edited: