Drivers doing cut-adds

Overpaid Union Thug

Does your center manager allow this mine does
Here only certain "special" drivers can suggest add/cuts. Typically it's the whiny and pouting variety. And they usually get what they want because they are the same ones that behave like spoiled children when they don't get what they want they go out and lay down on the job. Those turds will even get areas from their route permanently moved to another route just because they don't want to run it. I say you bid it.......you run it.

But if anyone else suggests an add/cut, or anything else, that's actually reasonable and logical........ they usually go in one ear and out the other.

Last edited:
J

jibbs

^^I think he means drivers that come in early (or, in my center, the early air drivers that bring in the last couple trucks of the preload-- not sure what they're actually called) being used to pull add/cuts throughout the center.

Nothing to do with suggesting add/cuts, I don't think, and moreso it's just a driver being handed a stack of add/cut sheets and being told to pull, scan and recycle them while the preloaders are still doing their thing.

OP, happens in my center all the time. Usually when we're running late for some reason, though, which is often.

No no drivers at my center get on the computer and do their on cut-adds watch two of them do it yesterday. Our center manager allows this I guess someone has taught them how. I just thought WYF!!!

J

jibbs

No no drivers at my center get on the computer and do their on cut-adds watch two of them do it yesterday. Our center manager allows this I guess someone has taught them how. I just thought WYF!!!

Well damn...

Nope, don't think THAT happens where I work. I'm pretty sure the only thing that regularly warrants add/cuts in my center are work absences that require routes to be shuffled around.

8 Hour Day

If they're doing add/cuts between their routes (as in both drivers know about it), it sounds like a good idea. Our dispatcher sometimes does some bone-headed things, and it'd be nice for those of us who know the area better to be able to fix some of this.

However, if they're adding and cutting to/from routes of drivers without them knowing... tire slashing time.

Just kidding.

not really.

cut 'em.

the stops, I mean, not the tires...

but...

yeah, the tires, too.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Before Orion, we could take or give stops if needed. Now, cant do it.

So, if you have a breakdown, no one can help you. They let you rot out there.

These guys cut stuff without the other driver knowing about it. Go to get on your truck or get edd you have a suprise waiting on you. I'm not sure if a sup knows about it or not. These guys I saw doing it yesterday I know get to work around 7 to 730am. Our start time is 9. They come in and are buddies with the manager I know that to be a fact.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Meh, it all pays the same around here. I don't do management's job, neither should drivers. I'm guessing they are also working off the clock while doing this?

Yes they are off the clock. They always give work to other routes but seem to never take any. It's always the hardest stops that they seem to give away too. I'm not sure if they have the passwords or not but they get on the computer and to the add-cuts. Just when I think I've seen it all in 28 yrs at this center I see this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes they are off the clock. They always give work to other routes but seem to never take any. It's always the hardest stops that they seem to give away too. I'm not sure if they have the passwords or not but they get on the computer and to the add-cuts. Just when I think I've seen it all in 28 yrs at this center I see this.

If this is indeed the case, you need to bring this concern to the attention of your steward, BA and management team. Dispatches are primarily based on SPC and moving work around without permission may mean not the center not making their numbers for the day.

It would tick me off if I were given an add/cut and when I ask the PDS about it he says that he had nothing to do with it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sounds like you work with quite a few turds.

barnyard

KTM rider
I covered a route for 3 years in a town that had 3 routes. The 3 of us used to have lunch together and would frequently trade stops or help each other out. Many days, the three of us would punch out within 15 minutes of each other.

Since Orion, it is not allowed.

Fragile

Here only certain "special" drivers can suggest add/cuts. Typically it's the whiny and pouting variety. And they usually get what they want because they are the same ones that behave like spoiled children when they don't get what they want they go out and lay down on the job. Those turds will even get areas from their route permanently moved to another route just because they don't want to run it. I say you bid it.......you run it.

But if anyone else suggests an add/cut, or anything else, that's actually reasonable and logical........ they usually go in one ear and out the other.

If you can't beat em' join em'.

Ecw21411

Lol exactly the same way in my building