Drivers: What do you do with all your money?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You need to fine tune your sarcasm meter.
now-cool-story.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
I help my immediate family grandmother, mother and brother. Also help out closest friend I got when he and his woman struggle which isn't often. Other than that basic stuff car clothes and eating out.

JL 0513

My rent is $500 (damn nice place) and the last car I financed had a payment of $329.

I can tell you don't live on the Northeast.

As for cars, the average new transaction price is now over $30,000 in the US. That means for a 48 mo loan, about $705/mo if you put no money down (which you would be for a $30K car but just giving an example).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can tell you don't live on the Northeast.

As for cars, the average new transaction price is now over $30,000 in the US. That means for a 48 mo loan, about $705/mo if you put no money down (which you would be for a $30K car but just giving an example).

The day that I am asked to pay $705/month for 48 months for a car is the day that I start taking the bus.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I pay $515 for my one bedroom apartment and that includes all utilities plus cable and internet. I'm gonna hold onto this place for a few more years!
Only a few more? Hell, I'd hang onto that until I moved out of the area or the place gets sold and the rent gets jacked way up.

JL 0513

The day that I am asked to pay $705/month for 48 months for a car is the day that I start taking the bus.

You think that's bad? Think of how many Ford Explorers or Toyota Highlanders or well equipped P/U trucks you see. These are some of the best selling segments and they're around $40K.

$40K for 36 months? $1,200+/mo.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Only a few more? Hell, I'd hang onto that until I moved out of the area or the place gets sold and the rent gets jacked way up.
I've always wanted my own home so that's my end goal. Even if that means paying more, it's still toward a goal of owning something in the end. Plus I was a dog and right now I don't want to get one because there is nowhere for it to run around and play.