dumbest message you got on your DIAD

JustAnotherBody

Does everyones center send them stupid generic safety messages daily? Some days our center will sned us a few and on some days one or hopefully none..

what was the stupidest one you ever recieved?
yesterday they sent out a real gem...
AVOID DISTRACTIONS. STAY FOCUSED ON THE TASK AT HAND.

honestly yah that is good advice ...
but ummm.... when I had to stop to read my DISTRACTION, errr message, wasn't that taking my focus off the task at hand?

just leave me alone please! let me do my thing free of distractions so I can make it home safe and at a reasonable time.

SmithBarney

"whats your ETA?" (on a resi) Thats a favorite... generally I'll say "when I get there.."
or I'll be a smart ass and say "whats an ETA"

I like "how are you doing?" I'll reply "doing good, how are you? Thanks for asking"

After awhile management stopped asking, silly questions.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
At the end of our daily safety message, they finish with "Have a Great UPS Day". What in the world is a "Great UPS Day"? I have never had one.

My all time favorite was during the middle of Peak last year. "Do not back under any circumstance". I had just finished backing up a long driveway on a dead end street when I read that one.:bored:

Pollocknbrown

At the end of our daily safety message, they finish with "Have a Great UPS Day". What in the world is a "Great UPS Day"? I have never had one.

My all time favorite was during the middle of Peak last year. "Do not back under any circumstance". I had just finished backing up a long driveway on a dead end street when I read that one.:bored:

Maybe a great UPS day is when you don't go postal?

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
OK its winter on a rural route. They had earlier asked for an ETA and I gave them one that was right at the limit they had set for punchout. I realized that I had even more work than I originaly thought(love those preload stop counts/guesses).
ME: "REVIZED ETA 10PM NEED HELP"

THEM: "You said you would be in earlier. How can this happen?"

ME: "ETA ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRRIVAL"

This is right up ther with "What is your exact ETA?" huh? These guys really make me wonder about them sometimes.:tongue_sm:confused:1:tongue_sm

fryguy379

Our centers last midday OMS sent out a mass message once. it said to please pull over and check you car for tracking numer 1z..................... if you find it call the center. that was it no address or consignee just a generic track number:thumbup1:

upsgrunt

It's funny that this thread was started- just today I got a message that read verbatim; "where are you". I thought of a million smart ass answers, but bit my tongue and told them the address where I was at. I never heard another word from anybody.
I also like it when they send a message that is too long to fit on one screen and then don't send the remaining message.
Finally, last year we got random message that Ralph Papsmear (made up name-I can't remember the real name) was promoted to such and such a position. The next morning before the PCM, all of us drivers were like "who the hell is Ralph Papsmear?"

Griff

It's funny that this thread was started- just today I got a message that read verbatim; "where are you". I thought of a million smart ass answers, but bit my tongue and told them the address where I was at.

I've had that one once. I responded back "EARTH" and I never got a response back. Generally speaking I don't look at the messages, since we get the same ones every single day. The second I hear the sound I just big arrow up without even looking at it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OMS "where exactly did you leave the pkg at xxx street"
ME "To the left as I went up the stairs"
OMS "she cannot find it, are you sure you left it at XXX street, blue house on corner?"
ME....." yes, only house that isnt vacant, burnt, falling down, and steps you wont fall through"
OMS, "she says why the friend would your driver leave it here, I live in the friend"ing hood"
Me..." I leave pkgs in the friend'ing hood all day long, out of site, safe dr, I dr it"
Oms..."could you go back and show her exactly where you left it?"
Me "Dude, its 630, I have 30 stops left, if she walks out her door and looks to the right, up by the wall of her porch and it aint there it aint there"
OMS, "she says why did you send a woman to do a mans job, if she cant make a proper delivery, maybe you should fire her, what a dumb b**ch to leave a pkg on my porch, Its been stolen the neighbors saw they saw a small *expletive* child steal it"
Me, "then I guess she should file a police report, leave me alone, it was a good DR, and I dont know what a man would have done differently"
Thanks fo 30 minutes of my life I will never get back for an LTD pkg.
Amen

upsgrunt

OMS "she cannot find it, are you sure you left it at XXX street, blue house on corner?"
ME....." yes, only house that isnt vacant, burnt, falling down, and steps you wont fall through"
OMS, "she says why the friend would your driver leave it here, I live in the friend"ing hood"
Me..." I leave pkgs in the friend'ing hood all day long, out of site, safe dr, I dr it"
Me "Dude, its 630, I have 30 stops left, if she walks out her door and looks to the right, up by the wall of her porch and it aint there it aint there"
OMS, "she says why did you send a woman to do a mans job, if she cant make a proper delivery, maybe you should fire her, what a dumb b**ch to leave a pkg on my porch, Its been stolen the neighbors saw they saw a small *expletive* child steal it"
Me, "then I guess she should file a police report, leave me alone, it was a good DR, and I dont know what a man would have done differently"
Amen

Tooner- that reads better than the Sunday comics! What we all need to do is get everyone's best stories and write a book. Even splitting the money so many ways we would all be filthy rich.

brown67

Me: Need help with 15 stops to get an 8 hour day.

3 hours later.
OMS: Go to Johnstown exit now and meet Dan. Give him 15 stops.
Me: I'm 15 miles away from exit and will take 45 min. to make round trip. Will have to give him more than 15 stops.
OMS: DO NOT GIVE HIM MORE THAN 15 STOPS.
Me: Can he meet me later when I'm back in that area.
OMS: No, break now he's waiting and you must not give him more than 15 stops.
Me: OK

45 min. later

Me: Need help with 20 stops to get my 8 hour day.
OMS: Didn't you give Dan 15 stops?
Me: Yes, but like I told you it took 45 min. to drive out there. I could have del. those stops in less time that it took to drive out there. Now need 20 stops off.
OMS: Sorry no help
Me: Ok I'll do what I can and sheet the rest as missed. (Call On car supp. )
OMS: You can't miss any stops.

10 Min. later

OMS: Drop stops off at such and such pick up so you get your 8 hour day.

Thankfully I have a great on car supervisor who took care of me. He couldn't believe she had done that. OMS was later called on the carpet after a very heated pcm one morning. Drivers were all complaining about her.

BigBrownSanta

Our centers last midday OMS sent out a mass message once. it said to please pull over and check you car for tracking numer 1z..................... if you find it call the center. that was it no address or consignee just a generic track number:thumbup1:
I've had that one.

I stopped for 30 minutes and searched, didn't find it, and sent a msg stating I couldn't find it.

After thinking about it, I sent another msg stating that I may have missed it, and would check again. 30 minutes later i sent another msg stating I still couldn't find it but I would keep an eye out for it.

About 430 I sent another msg stating I would not make 9.5 and would need help.

I haven't had that msg again.:laugh:

satellitedriver

Amen
Oh Tooner,
I wish we could sit down and talk over a couple of beers.
At least, you were polite enough not to point out(this is a guess on my part) that this"lady" probably was in bed in the middle of the day and too lazy to come to her door,when you knocked.
If she would have been awake, maybe she would have seen the child steal the package and her complaint would be with her "community", not you.
PAX

brown67

What's w/the 8 hour day? Did you request it or are they making a big deal about getting in under 8?

Had an 8 hour request and no way will I work over 8. Funny I almost never have a problem getting my 8s, because sups know I will force them to come and get it. All I do is tell the pre-load sup that she can take it off now or come and get it later. Doesn't matter to me, but I will be back in 8 hours. They take it off before I leave, because my route is out of the way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The problem is the "community". There are some doors I knock and run, coz I know the first thing out the door is the resident pit bull and not the owner.
I hate getting sigs there, and it was LTD for Gods sake what value could it possibly be? She made the mistake by saying it was stolen and someone saw it, so it is no longer our problem anyway, so why are we doing a df? But we are.
Be up at 11AM???????????? Are you crazy?????????? That is why I go there early. I dont have to deal with the "who is it" 15 times, I drop and run. If that is wrong sorry but in this case its all about me. The dog is in the house and Im gone. I dont want someone answering with sleepy sand in their eyes, and getting chewed alive by the dog which is usually outside but now its not............I gave the df to a fellow driver, he had no problem with it, he enjoys the confrontation. And he knows I do things right. So he got to enjoy the testosterone adrenaline rush, and I got to not go there. Sounds fair to me.

brownrodster

"Do not back under any circumstance". :bored:

I can imagine an on road sup sending that and just laughing his ass off while doing it. Or an on road sup telling an OMS to send that message.

I would love them to tell me "Do not back under any circumstance."
That would probably add an hour to my pickups alone. And then add several hours to my resi dels as my p12 is too large to turn around without backing in most cul-de-sac's I del to.

I'd have to come back in at 14 hours with a load of "missed" packages.

disneyworld

The first day of retirement??????????