Easiest route in the Center

rod

Retired 22 years
I talked to a driver over the weekend that said he has the easiest route in Minnesota. Delivers 30 or 40 pkgs a day- approximately 25 stops all rural residential.- no pickups- 250 to 280 miles a day. His center has a driver load so they start at 7:30. Sounds like a great set up to me. What is the easiest route you know of?

Jagz

Not my route, but starting at 730 finishing at 500 just running a 24ft box truck full of air over to an island. No deliveries. Most of the day is spent on the boat :greedy:

av8torntn

mine five pick ups 80 miles gotta love feeders

Just kidding. When I was in package I covered a route that ran the north side of a city block, no pick ups done in six and a half hours.

atatbl

Not my route, but starting at 730 finishing at 500 just running a 24ft box truck full of air over to an island. No deliveries. Most of the day is spent on the boat :greedy:

Is the boat only commercial? Are there passengers? Are there tourist passengers? Are there tourist passengers that are female?

I guess I want to know if there are foreign women on the boat that you spend your time with.

If so, that might give a whole new meaning to "easiest" route.

CRASH501

I average 75 stops daily 15 pickups and a max of 22 miles driven.
.i handle 200- 300 delivery pcs and between 10 and 100 p.u. Pcs .
My heavy deliveries come out and get their own packages with the exception of footlocker. And my 2 heavy pickups are a staples (apo) and a pu that brings their stuff to my truck 8:30 start time off the clock with out lunch (it's paid) usually by 6 .
But
But i worked my rear off to get this route like this

satellitedriver

Shoot, I thought I had it easy.
90 stops, 200 pkgs, load my own truck. 200 miles on back country roads.
IE says that is barely an 8 under the new time study, but it takes me at least 10 to make that 8.
I got it easy.

S

speeddemon

100-120 Stops, 200-220 boxes, 100-150 miles a day. Yea, it varies that much. They change my units on the truck more than they change thier underwear.

wyobill

I had Yellowstone Nat'l Park for several years. It's only run 6 months out of the year because of road closers. May, Sept and Oct were joy rides. Seen tons of wildlife including the 2 legged kind..... I can remember delivering 12 stops one day. 340 miles
were the norm. 12 hr days were not uncommon but it was a life experence.
Rod and I now have the best Rt. ( Retirement)

Foamer Pyle

The routes you fellas mentioned all sound nice. There are no rural routes in my facility, and most people go out with at least 150 stops per day plus pick ups.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod and I now have the best Rt. ( Retirement)

You sure won't get any argument out of me. It still amazes me how some drivers continue to work after they get their 30 years in. I guess I could see it if for some reason you had to start your life over again after a divorce or something like that but why would anybody continue to work when it isn't necessary. If you haven't paid off your morgage and saved a few bucks in 30 years I feel sorry for you. Oh well- keep paying those Union dues and SS taxes because wyobill1956 and I will keep enjoying retirement. I always looked at it this way-- if I worked one more year all it would get me was a lousy $100 a month more for my pension. Figuring 4 week in a month that's 25 bucks a week ---after taxes maybe 19 or 20 bucks take home. $20 a week to continue putting up with the daily crap at UPS? I don't think so. There- now I've got myself so worked up I have to go fishing again today to calm down.:wink2:

I talked to a driver over the weekend that said he has the easiest route in Minnesota. Delivers 30 or 40 pkgs a day- approximately 25 stops all rural residential.- no pickups- 250 to 280 miles a day. His center has a driver load so they start at 7:30. Sounds like a great set up to me. What is the easiest route you know of?

That sounds like the guy that delivers to us in Mn. Easy route but hell in the winter,out of Grand Rapids I believe.

I thought I had a easy route. 90-110 stops,800-1200 pcs depending on the time of year,90% of pickups done during delivery,$.10 extra because of my trailer,big bonus time.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm just a utility driver, but there is one route I know of that has to be the easiest in town route. 132 stops, 180 pieces, 6 pickups - 2 on route - maybe 30 pieces, 32 miles. I did the route cold and only lost to it by 10 clicks. Most other people who do that route are in by 4:15. The regular driver is really jaded and drags it out to 6. I did it nice and steady so he must take all of his lunches. The houses are so close to each other, you can park in the middle of the block and walk off 4 stops in 2 minutes. I would shoot for his route when he retires. I don't like the extended stuff to much because over here the snow and :censored2: that drive in that snow are heart attack worthy. The route this guy does is the west part of town. Really nice.

DS

Fenderbender
You sure won't get any argument out of me. It still amazes me how some drivers continue to work after they get their 30 years in. .:wink2:
Rod, a lot of folks dont have it as good as you,everyone is different.
I didnt start at ups till I was 35...so when I'm 65 I will be far from well off.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Mine's not too bad, but winter and the dirt roads/lanes keep people away from it. I'm also on the ooutside perimeter of the center so we don't get help out here if needed.

today was 9.5 hours, 128 stops, 168 pieces, about 15 sig.req., 6 p/us, 15 pieces. al p/us are done in trace. 120 miles.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The easiest route in my center...is the Safety Committee co-chair route. Its about 8 hrs of grading Keter audit test sheets, scheduling meetings, putting little slips of paper with safety slogans on the dashboards of all the package cars and running to Costco to pick up bottled water and muffins for the morning "meet 'n greet". Sometimes it requires coloring posters. On heavy days, it even has to replace the 40 ft. trail of footprint stickers on the floor that guides the way to the "safety zone" where employees can gather in the morning to eat muffins, regurgitate acronyms and wallow in that warm, fuzzy feeling of safety. The best part about the route is that it doesnt have any of those annoying packages to deliver or pick up, and whoever runs it doesnt have to worry about hurting himself or getting in an accident. Its very safe.