eBay switch to ups

Actually, the post office only exists because there was literally no established form of communication back when the country was in its infancy. Delivering packages was never the original intent. Nice try though. It sounds like you really thought that one through. LOL

People that love the post office are boomers that still get their retirement checks and medication, many of which have turned against you as I stated in the previous posts, and diehard government loving liberals. Just face it man. The post office is a disaster (despite its advantages) and should be shut down ASAP. The purpose of the United States government is to govern. Not arbitrarily provide a low cost alternative to the private sector.
They don't even provide the service that they was originally designed to do. many places they don't even deliver the mail you have to go and pick it up at the post office because selling places are too rural but yet UPS has to go door-to-door.
And what about all the cluster mailboxes if they have instead of taking it actually to each person's house?
And what about the limited post office hours a half now? How does that serve the people?
Plus I have a very weak contract they have so much subcontracting it's ridiculous.

Mack37

Actually, the post office only exists because there was literally no established form of communication back when the country was in its infancy. Delivering packages was never the original intent. Nice try though. It sounds like you really thought that one through. LOL

People that love the post office are boomers that still get their retirement checks and medication, many of which have turned against you as I stated in the previous posts, and diehard government loving liberals. Just face it man. The post office is a disaster (despite its advantages) and should be shut down ASAP. The purpose of the United States government is to govern. Not arbitrarily provide a low cost alternative to the private sector.

I guess I thought it through about as well as the guy who thinks he can sit here and tell me what the founders original intent was when creating the post office 🙄. You been watching the news lately? It’s not boomers out there protesting changes toUSPS.

Mack37

They don't even provide the service that they was originally designed to do. many places they don't even deliver the mail you have to go and pick it up at the post office because selling places are too rural but yet UPS has to go door-to-door.
And what about all the cluster mailboxes if they have instead of taking it actually to each person's house?
And what about the limited post office hours a half now? How does that serve the people?
Plus I have a very weak contract they have so much subcontracting it's ridiculous.
Where exactly is it that people are forced to go pick up there mail? Ups has to go door to door everywhere? What is surepost again? Cluster boxes are a cost saving measure and only required at recently built neighborhoods.

Where exactly is it that people are forced to go pick up there mail? Ups has to go door to door everywhere? What is surepost again? Cluster boxes are a cost saving measure and only required at recently built neighborhoods.
No they do not have door to door service everywhere. Go to somebody's very small rural communities and the post office is not deliver
Fact
But on the other hand when UPS got the rights to deliver to all 50 states one of the things that they had to do was to deliver door-to-door to every single address

Overpaid Union Thug

Exactly! When they stopped delivering to newly built houses in my area people went livid beyond believe. There was a span of about a month where I couldn’t deliver to those houses without at least a few people per day venting their frustration to me and actually thanking me/us for actually delivering to peoples houses. And they implemented that garbage when most of the new neighborhoods were anywhere between to far completed to place cluster boxes and completely finished! Some of my old neighborhoods have to go to the USPS to get ALL their mail/packages because there is no cluster boxes and the developers refuse to pay to build them or because there isn’t room to. Such BS. Yeah....but that’s “service”. You get what you pay for.

I have a post office on my route that closes at 11am. They are only open for a few hours per day! LMFAO. It’s a pain in the arse to get their on time so I don’t even try anymore.

I guess I thought it through about as well as the guy who thinks he can sit here and tell me what the founders original intent was when creating the post office 🙄. You been watching the news lately? It’s not boomers out there protesting changes toUSPS.

American history isn’t hard to learn/brush up on if you actually try. The framers meant for postal roads and offices to be used to facilitate communication throughout the colonies and across the Atlantic to the England. Not for it to become a bloated government entity that loses money while stuffing mailboxes with unsolicited junk mail and while severely under cutting the private sector on rates on shoes for chain stores. And the people shown protesting on your beloved fake news networks definitely fall under the second category of people I told you love the post office.

Exactly! When they stopped delivering to newly built houses in my area people went livid beyond believe. There was a span of about a month where I couldn’t deliver to those houses without at least a few people per day venting their frustration to me and actually thanking me/us for actually delivering to peoples houses. And they implemented that garbage when most of the new neighborhoods were anywhere between to far completed to place cluster boxes and completely finished! Some of my old neighborhoods have to go to the USPS to get ALL their mail/packages because there is no cluster boxes and the developers refuse to pay to build them or because there isn’t room to. Such BS. Yeah....but that’s “service”. You get what you pay for.

I have a post office on my route that closes at 11am. They are only open for a few hours per day! LMFAO. It’s a pain in the arse to get their on time so I don’t even try anymore.

American history isn’t hard to learn/brush up on if you actually try. The framers meant for postal roads and offices to be used to facilitate communication throughout the colonies and across the Atlantic to the England. Not for it to become a bloated government entity that loses money while stuffing mailboxes with unsolicited junk mail and while severely under cutting the private sector on rates on shoes for chain stores. And the people shown protesting on your beloved fake news networks definitely fall under the second category of people I told you love the post office.
The entire post office needs restructures

I have one section on my route that the mailboxes are not on the street but they're at the actual house and every house has at least 15 to 20 steps and you really can't cut across the yards to get to the next house.
How can I be cost effective?

Overpaid Union Thug

The entire post office needs restructures

I have one section on my route that the mailboxes are not on the street but they're at the actual house and every house has at least 15 to 20 steps and you really can't cut across the yards to get to the next house.
How can I be cost effective?
I keep hearing, as well as other drivers in my center, from local FedEx drivers that they have already completely stopped giving their smart post to the post office and deliver them themselves. If this is starting nationwide you know what SHOULD happen next. The contract states that we should be doing the same thing. If that happens then we will be able to take a lot of those packages off postal carriers and they may actually get to the customer's front porch on the first attempt instead of stuffed in a cluster box or taken back to the “station” for irate customers to come pick up.

I keep hearing, as well as other drivers in my center, from local FedEx drivers that they have already completely stopped giving their smart post to the post office and deliver them themselves. If this is starting nationwide you know what SHOULD happen next. The contract states that we should be doing the same thing. If that happens then we will be able to take a lot of those packages off postal carriers and they may actually get to the customer's front porch on the first attempt instead of stuffed in a cluster box or taken back to the “station” for irate customers to come pick up.
The post office should stick to what it does best and deliver mail
But after hearing his rants about how great the post office is I'm going to switch all of my statements to paperless.

Overpaid Union Thug

The post office should stick to what it does best and deliver mail
But after hearing his rants about how great the post office is I'm going to switch all of my statements to paperless.
I did that along time ago but I still get those random medical bills from third party billers that I have no control over. The ones that are residual money owed from when our insurance doesn’t completely cover something. Other than that it’s all junk mail and an occasional package from a shipper that didn’t allow the option to chose the carrier. Our neighborhood Facebook group is pretty boring but half of the posts consist of people reporting that they’ve received someone else’s mail. LMFAO

I did that along time ago but I still get those random medical bills from third party billers that I have no control over. The ones that are residual money owed from when our insurance doesn’t completely cover something. Other than that it’s all junk mail and an occasional package from a shipper that didn’t allow the option to chose the carrier. Our neighborhood Facebook group is pretty boring but half of the posts consist of people reporting that they’ve received someone else’s mail. LMFAO
The only time I get the wrong mail for somebody else when it's something important like a check or a statement
Never junk mail

I do pay all my bills online because I'm tired of stuff getting lost

Non sequitur

Each government agency has a budget. Within their respective budgets I'm guessing is a "line-item" regarding shipping costs etc.. I honestly don't know if, being a government agency they are required to use USPS but in the absence of a mandate it stands to reason they may be bound to use the lowest cost option. If it's USPS so be it, but if it's UPS then there you have it.
I wish I could start a business that based pricing by the government subsidy.

Screenshot_20201011-140916.png

Post office the dog. He won't bite

clean hairy

We're still better than the P.O. If the box doesn't have Amazon tape on it then it gets put aside until they get to it.

Been waiting for a package for over 2 weeks already. FedEx picked it up and dropped it at a P.O. sort facility 2 weeks ago. Hasn't had a scan on it since. Didn't come from Amazon so I probably won't see it until April. Maybe.
Of what year? April of 2021 might be false hope....

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog

I wonder what kind of shape USPS would be in if they lost all the revenue from the "junk-mail", "Bulk-Rate" mailers the supposedly have to stuff in everyone's mail box

clean hairy

How, exactly, is usps being “Effed in the A” by Amazon? USPS is offering unrealistic low rates and Amazon is using them. Except, as I said earlier, Amazon is figuring out that cheaper isn’t better when it in turn effs your customers in the A! 😏
Referring to "cheaper is not better," yugos were cheapest at $3,995.
They were cheaper, but not better than any other new car.

oldngray

nowhere special
Referring to "cheaper is not better," yugos were cheapest at $3,995.
They were cheaper, but not better than any other new car.
Yugo was a truly disposable car. I had a neighbor that bought a Jeep and it came with a free Yugo. He actually liked the Yugo and drove it a lot because it got good gas mileage. Problem is when something breaks its off to the scrap heap.

Est.1998

Yugo was a truly disposable car. I had a neighbor that bought a Jeep and it came with a free Yugo. He actually liked the Yugo and drove it a lot because it got good gas mileage. Problem is when something breaks its off to the scrap heap.
That's crazy lol. Buy a jeep and get a free car.
If they did that with full size trucks, every driveway would have an F150.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
No they do not have door to door service everywhere. Go to somebody's very small rural communities and the post office is not deliver
Fact
But on the other hand when UPS got the rights to deliver to all 50 states one of the things that they had to do was to deliver door-to-door to every single address
It's called a PO box lol.
Anyways I would not look into their overall losses too hard. They assume billions in a government medicare shell game. And medicare in turn loses billions to PRIVATE, EVEN NON-PROFIT HOSPITALS AND THEIR EXPEDITURES