eBay switch to ups

Overpaid Union Thug

The airlines got billions and billions this last stimulus as well. You going to scream at them next time you buy a ticket and hop on the plane? Maybe we should nationalize the airlines? Hate to single them out as lots of industries got billions but there ya go. I’m assuming you’ve never mentioned USPS and tax money in the same sentence until this year, right?

Cluster boxes are becoming the norm as it saves money. You want to scream about USPS losing money and inefficiency but when they employ costs cutting measures it becomes a problem. This is why nothing will ever change, Americans are fickle. Call your Congressman if you have a problem.
The airlines were hit hard financially due to the Rona. The USPS was given tax payer dollars at a time it was getting peak level volume while its competitors got nothing. They got nothing because they were/are making money. The USPS couldn’t even do well during one of the biggest surges in online shopping this country has seen. It just shows how inefficient they are.

Refusing to deliver shipments to customers homes is basically refusing to provide the service they, or the shipper, has paid for. If the USPS can’t perform their duties without losing money then they should close just like any other business would.

FromOffTheStreets

Purchased a golf club week & a half ago off of Ebay. Shipper chose usps "priority". According to tracking the box is still in north Carolina, where it was shipped from. Its moved 10 miles in 10 days. Unbelievable

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ve heard the complete opposite from people in my area. What keeps them (some) with USPS is the essentially free, govt mandated, lowball rates. It’s hard to compete with that. Which is why the USPS, in package anyway, shouldn’t exist.
Big Package is a disgruntled ex employee lol pay no mind.

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Purchased a golf club week & a half ago off of Ebay. Shipper chose usps "priority". According to tracking the box is still in north Carolina, where it was shipped from. Its moved 10 miles in 10 days. Unbelievable
Usps is not for large items let alone any over the flat rate limits . UPS handles them irregs lol

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
We do about 10x as much on our Ebay store and

1. UPS will never be as good as USPS for what we need, and
2. UPS will never be secure enough for what we need.

At least with the USPS the handlers put their careers on the line. At UPS, the guy handling my rare gold is the same :censored2: stealing protein bars from the locker room. Pass, pass, pass.

We have a business plan ready to implement in case we lose USPS. Other carriers are just not an option.

I super recommend anyone interested in this check out Ebay forums or see what power sellers of gold and silver have to say.

It is going to be as much of a disaster on Ebay's end as it will UPS. And surprise! The customers and sellers will have to pay for them being monsters. I hope all these :censored2:ers get wrecked by covid, crooked :censored2:s.
I assume you don’t work for ups anymore. There is the goods and bads. Or as we know Ups’s and browns with any company. However let me remind you that our friends at FedEx are no better with independent staff as well as amazon so feel free to use smart post or surepost and learn that usps is not always the best they even depend on ups like amazon does also for big packages. Another reason why amazon drivers are independent and less pay since they rarely have anything bigger than mailers or bubble bags

Non sequitur

I have been switching most of my purchases to eBay or other retailers. My eBay orders have been arriving in 2 days with UPS ground. Great job UPS

AKCoverMan

Yeah well for the most part, your tax dollars aren’t going anywhere near USPS. You also live in Alaska I’m guessing? Your experiences aren’t very typical of most Americans.

No, this is not an Alaska is different thing. There are lots of places in our state not on a road system, but I’m talking about the cities and towns on the road system.

Go on line and search you will find many many stories about USPS not delivering packages to people’s homes.

And if it’s not taxpayer dollars making up the billions and billions of losses at usps, then who is?

Mack37

No, this is not an Alaska is different thing. There are lots of places in our state not on a road system, but I’m talking about the cities and towns on the road system.

Go on line and search you will find many many stories about USPS not delivering packages to people’s homes.

And if it’s not taxpayer dollars making up the billions and billions of losses at usps, then who is?

Alaska is different then CONUS no matter where you’re at in the state. Most of the losses you hear about are missed retirement related payments that show as debt. Since it’s a government agency missing payments to the US government, it’s a little different.The pension and healthcare is paid up for the foreseeable future, just not as long Congress wants which is too long.

FromOffTheStreets

Update: 15 days from north Carolina to Kansas city! Still a couple more days to my house. That's USPS priority for you!

Overpaid Union Thug

The VA has apparently switched most of their meds over to UPS from the USPS as well. I’m surprised that didn’t happen much sooner. They switched the “controlled substances” over to us years ago. I wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve had a customer say they wish we’d deliver all of it.

Mack37

The VA has apparently switched most of their meds over to UPS from the USPS as well. I’m surprised that didn’t happen much sooner. They switched the “controlled substances” over to us years ago. I wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve had a customer say they wish we’d deliver all of it.

Well that’s just a flat out lie so I’m not sure why you’d even post it. USPS handles over 90% of the VA drugs and always has. Only areas that are experiencing current postal delays have temporarily started using UPS and FedEx to fill in. As soon the restructuring gets everything back to normal, ups and FedEx will be given the boot. There are no delays in my area and we pick up from the VA multiple times a day, UPS barely has anything to pick up and FedEx doesn’t even pick up at all.

Do you really think the United States Department of Veterans Affairs is going to pick a private company over the United States Postal Service? The Federal Government would probably never allow it as, ya know, we’re the main shipping service for all of the government agencies and the military.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Well that’s just a flat out lie so I’m not sure why you’d even post it. USPS handles over 90% of the VA drugs and always has. Only areas that are experiencing current postal delays have temporarily started using UPS and FedEx to fill in. As soon the restructuring gets everything back to normal, ups and FedEx will be given the boot. There are no delays in my area and we pick up from the VA multiple times a day, UPS barely has anything to pick up and FedEx doesn’t even pick up at all.

Do you really think the United States Department of Veterans Affairs is going to pick a private company over the United States Postal Service? The Federal Government would probably never allow it as, ya know, we’re the main shipping service for all of the government agencies and the military.
Each government agency has a budget. Within their respective budgets I'm guessing is a "line-item" regarding shipping costs etc.. I honestly don't know if, being a government agency they are required to use USPS but in the absence of a mandate it stands to reason they may be bound to use the lowest cost option. If it's USPS so be it, but if it's UPS then there you have it.

Mack37

Each government agency has a budget. Within their respective budgets I'm guessing is a "line-item" regarding shipping costs etc.. I honestly don't know if, being a government agency they are required to use USPS but in the absence of a mandate it stands to reason they may be bound to use the lowest cost option. If it's USPS so be it, but if it's UPS then there you have it.
No doubt many Agencies do use UPS and FedEx as well, the VA is an example of that. Some things USPS won’t ship so there isn’t much choice. I’m sure USPS prefers just handling the mail as there is a lot of profit in it and the Government sure loves to send paper.

Overpaid Union Thug

[

You called me a liar then immediately confirmed my statement! What a clown! Or are you on the sauce right now? Please share what it is with the forum so we can partake. LMFAO!

The VA and USPS are made for each other though. Two broken entities collaborating for the gold medal in the Screwup Olympics.