Egos

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I am somewhat of a "neat freak" when it comes to my PC and I am not looking forward to what I will see when I come back on 2/8.

Why worry about what you can't change?
If I was out for that long, I would be glad to return and find it wasn't wrecked.

How in the hell come someone else drive my truck for one day and get a twist in the seat belt?

Exactly, in charge of keeping the belt moving, and only caring about keeping the belt moving while just chucking the packages in our trucks with out caring about how it's going to affect our day..maybe that's why. As long as the packages are in the truck and the belts clean your happy to go home while us drivers are out an extra hour because of your only care- keeping the belt clean.
Well be happy you get paid 3x more than I do then , and have full time hours.

Clearly that's why you.choose the name logistics guru

Haha please tell me you can't be serious , committing yourself to the assumption that im full of myself because of a username I came up with. Ill change it to "MediocreLogisticsMan" if that will help you believe me that im not full of myself , cause frankly I've been losing sleep over that fact!:/

Maybe the company should stop scewing that driver over

I understand that , but the company gives you work , that customers give to the company , that gives the company money , that gives you money in your bank account, that puts that nice steak on the table and a structure to protect you from the harsh elements of the outside world.
That's what having a jobs all about , it may suck some days , or a lot but you can't join the army and bitch cause someone's shooting at you , know your role and know what you sign up for.
I didn't sign up to have uncomfortable unessecary rude conversations with other employees. Hence the point of my post in the first place.

Maybe you have an inferiority complex or something?

People who deserve respect usually get treated with respect in my experience, regardless of what job they are doing.

Other people constantly feel they are being slighted, and any problems they have must be someone else's fault.

Just do your job.
I think you got the wrong idea from my post. I see no relevant comment that correlates to the concern of my post.

You'd understand if you went out day to day and had to waste time digging for packages that are loaded in the wrong shelves, or had to consistently run misroutes in your truck, or like another guy mentioned you find airs and stuff just sitting on the 8000 section. I dont yell at anyone about it because it wouldn't fix the issue but I can understand the guys anger.
I once told a preload sup about issues with my truck being loaded poorly. I had to tell him 3 more times 3 days in a row before I finally went over his head because he wouldn't fix it. Most drivers aren't showing up at working just looking to chew someone out. They simply reach a breaking point and that's how they try and fix the issue. I mean, if your entire work day depended on the quality of work of the guy loading your truck you would understand real quick
I agree with you , and If it were me id try to bring it up to my FT sup to fix it asap. However this guy im referring to in my first post, I just didn't see a valid reason for how he acted, besides the obvious fact that he's technically more valuable to the company and gets paid more. Still no excuse to be outwardly rude. That's all im saying.

You're not getting respect because of comments like this. When you treat people like they're disposable they are going to treat you like crap too.
Yeah but I dont have this mentality and never would at work , so I don't have to worry about this what your trying to say about my character. I treat everyone with respect , and probably to nice about a lot of things.

I was just responding to an ignorant comment.

its the way of the world. same everywhere you go. ever hear the phrase "it takes all kinds to make the world go around?"

there is your explanation grass-hopper.

Haha that's the ugly Truth of it all ain't it? Haha , just thought it'd be a good time to keep stirring the pot here on "Brown Cafe" haha.

Dr.Brownz

I understand that , but the company gives you work , that customers give to the company , that gives the company money , that gives you money in your bank account, that puts that nice steak on the table and a structure to protect you from the harsh elements of the outside world.
That's what having a jobs all about , it may suck some days , or a lot but you can't join the army and bitch cause someone's shooting at you , know your role and know what you sign up for.
I didn't sign up to have uncomfortable unessecary rude conversations with other employees. Hence the point of my post in the first place.

Company is making record.profits on less revenue yet they cant afford.more.drivers.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The reason we are "overpaid" by your standard is because of the sacrifices we make for the job. I have a plethora of friends and and all of them have normal 9-5 working hours. In my nearly 20 years as a driver, do you know how many Happy Hours I've made it to? none. Do you know how many of my kids events I missed or got to late because I was out working my overpaid job? A lot.

and as far as what they make, most of them make generally what I do, most a little less. But they are home at normal hour daily. I'm the only guy that can't make plans because I don't know when I'll be off. Hard to have a life outside of UPS when there is no normalcy.
post of the year

Cementups

Box Monkey
I am somewhat of a "neat freak" when it comes to my PC and I am not looking forward to what I will see when I come back on 2/8.
After being off for 4.5 months, I am scared to death to know what my package car looks like. I keep a relatively neat work area and I know even when I come back from a week off there is crap everywhere. I probably find dead animals in there after being gone this long.