Election 2020 Health Care

Karma...

If Bernie Sanders manages to win in 2020 and institutes the so-called universal health care for all what happen with all the negotiated monies that goes from ups to the teamsters for their members. ?.....will it continue to go into the slush fund or perhaps used to increase teamster pension pay-out ?......the same pertains to ups non-union ?.......

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
first off a bernie presidency isn't going to be able to do it unilaterally. 2nd even if it did it won't happen immediately. 3rd even when it does happen there's going to be a transition, it's not going to be night and day. if medicare for all happens it may very well be like now where people (like my parents) they're elligible for medicare, and they have separate private insurance that supplements that coverage.

but the long term effect is that the next time a contract is up for negotiation the union isn't going to have spend their fistpounds on demanding healthcare, and management isn't going to be able to say "we're giving you such great insurance you gotta give on something else". health insurance won't be part of the total compensation package that is negotiated so if the value of that package were to stay the same, pay would be massively increased.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
first off a bernie presidency isn't going to be able to do it unilaterally. 2nd even if it did it won't happen immediately. 3rd even when it does happen there's going to be a transition, it's not going to be night and day. if medicare for all happens it may very well be like now where people (like my parents) they're elligible for medicare, and they have separate private insurance that supplements that coverage.

but the long term effect is that the next time a contract is up for negotiation the union isn't going to have spend their fistpounds on demanding healthcare, and management isn't going to be able to say "we're giving you such great insurance you gotta give on something else". health insurance won't be part of the total compensation package that is negotiated so if the value of that package were to stay the same, pay would be massively increased.
Pay wouldnt be massively increased. We would get shafted on the back end because Sanders plan jacks the taxes on business and you. Go to Bernietax.com and do your math. Socialized medicine is a joke.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The days of not needing referrals and top of the line care and treatment would be over for us. We would all be just 1 of 330+ million trying to get in to the doctor at the same time. I dont want assembly line medicine, I dont want more money all I want is my Cadillac healthcare that I work my ass off to get.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If Bernie Sanders manages to win in 2020 and institutes the so-called universal health care for all what happen with all the negotiated monies that goes from ups to the teamsters for their members. ?.....will it continue to go into the slush fund or perhaps used to increase teamster pension pay-out ?......the same pertains to ups non-union ?.......
I wouldn't worry about it. Even if Bernie were to win (and that's a very big "if") it's the congress that writes legislation, not the president. Most that would likely happen are some changes to Obamacare and tax increases to shore up Medicare, Medicaid, and SS. Maybe a public option.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If the US switched to a single payer system, where would all the Canadians go to get quality healthcare? They can't make it to the north pole to get help from Santa, all the ice is melted. Make believe is fun.