Electronic Votes: How will they be overseen?

wilberforce15

The other issue is that your vote can be traced directly to you. There will be people (even if supposedly only in the third-party company) who know every member's vote connected to their name and number.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Supposedly I was getting a text in the next 48 hours. That’s been official 51 hours now. I’ll get it straightened out, but I always have to call, despite giving my correct address for the past six years. Had to call for strike authorization vote ballot, and all three supplemental votes last contract.

Take the hint

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A strike, is a last resort.

The company doesn't want it.... because it could devastate their business.

The Union doesn't want it, because a 23% "strike vote" is not a mandate from the members.

Who wins ?
Oh, I see now....???

It's only a "mandate from the members" at these lower participation levels, if it is a majority yes vote for ratification of a contract proposal???

Doesn't Article 12 of the IBT Constitution validate my assertion???

There is another way to look at this, and I didn't have the revelation until recently when thinking about the last POTUS election.
I went to the poles with my mind made up that day, dead set to cast my vote for several candidates and on several issues, but when I got into the ballot booth I soon realized that there were a couple races and issues that I wasn't prepared to vote on.
At that instant I had a decision to make, to just "pop-a-shot" my vote, or to abstain and leave that box blank.
I decided that it was best not to vote, as to not dilute the votes of those who came prepared.

While I implore everyone to educate themselves and to vote, maybe just maybe, some of them are doing the best thing for all by not voting???

~Bbbl~™

wilberforce15

Yeah, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Separating all of those things makes it inherently less reliable, makes checks or recounts less reliable, and that separation isn't real anyway. There is a 0% chance that ad is telling the whole truth. To be sure, I'm not speculating that votes are actively policed or monitored, but that the ability to do so is virtually certain.

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona if you're interested.

542thruNthru

Yeah, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Separating all of those things makes it inherently less reliable, makes checks or recounts less reliable, and that separation isn't real anyway. There is a 0% chance that ad is telling the whole truth. To be sure, I'm not speculating that votes are actively policed or monitored, but that the ability to do so is virtually certain.

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona if you're interested.

Ok. You don't trust the Union we get it. Now you don't trust a independent company with its reputation on the line. You have no proof other then your paranoia. Don't vote I don't care.

wilberforce15

Ok. You don't trust the Union we get it. Now you don't trust a independent company with its reputation on the line. You have no proof other then your paranoia. Don't vote I don't care.

Can you name any major tech company that hasn't had a scandal about keeping more data than they promised?

I already voted no, for whatever that's worth.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i got these for voting yes
16876514689063124316.jpg

brown_trousers

Oh, I see now....???

It's only a "mandate from the members" at these lower participation levels, if it is a majority yes vote for ratification of a contract proposal???

Doesn't Article 12 of the IBT Constitution validate my assertion???

There is another way to look at this, and I didn't have the revelation until recently when thinking about the last POTUS election.
I went to the poles with my mind made up that day, dead set to cast my vote for several candidates and on several issues, but when I got into the ballot booth I soon realized that there were a couple races and issues that I wasn't prepared to vote on.
At that instant I had a decision to make, to just "pop-a-shot" my vote, or to abstain and leave that box blank.
I decided that it was best not to vote, as to not dilute the votes of those who came prepared.

While I implore everyone to educate themselves and to vote, maybe just maybe, some of them are doing the best thing for all by not voting???

~Bbbl~™

Absolutely! A responsible voter researches the issues, and researches the opposing opinions before making an educated vote.

We dont need people just voting all willy-nilly. This whole country would be better off if people only voted on issues they had researched, and abstained on issues they had not researched.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

At that instant I had a decision to make, to just "pop-a-shot" my vote, or to abstain and leave that box blank. I decided that it was best not to vote, as to not dilute the votes of those who came prepared.

You had a moral epiphany.

I don't think anyone would blame you for that.

It's a bit of a stretch to apply that logic to a contract vote, when all people have to

do is show a minimal amount of participation. How much more can a Local or the IBT do ?

Schedule home visits ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You had a moral epiphany.

I don't think anyone would blame you for that.

It's a bit of a stretch to apply that logic to a contract vote, when all people have to

do is show a minimal amount of participation. How much more can a Local or the IBT do ?

Schedule home visits ?

-Bug-
A good start may have been to not go dark this summer, instead continuing with our Monthly Membership Meetings in June, July, and August???

....or perhaps maintaining an active website???

Look, I'm not saying these non-voters have had a similar "moral epiphany".
I instead am asserting that there is a significant percentage of eligible voters that will never educate themselves and vote, and perhaps it's better than them voting through ignorance.

It would seem some people are always going to be comfortable just being sheep in the flock.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A good start may have been to not go dark this summer, instead continuing with our Monthly Membership Meetings in June, July, and August ?

A motion was made.... and seconded.... and was approved by a majority of the members ?

It would seem some people are always going to be comfortable just being sheep in the flock.

Who's fault is that ?

You can't make people.... into some they are not.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A motion was made.... and seconded.... and was approved by a majority of the members ?
Yes, a motion was made (from the podium), seconded, and opened to the floor for discussion.

Then passed by a slim majority that included all twelve officers and agents voting yes.

I think there were about 25 (including the officers and agents) of nearly 5,000 members in attendance.

Guess it's too much to think that my EBoard would see the importance of continuing, promoting, and God forbid hold the meetings at a mutually beneficial time for the membership.....instead of on the 1st Thursday of the month at 7pm???

~Bbbl~™