Elizabeth Warren

floridays

The Electoral College was created for two reasons. The first purpose was to create a buffer between population and the selection of a President. The second as part of the structure of the government that gave extra power to the smaller states.
I'll say neither are true.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Wow!
She got almost 4 stars!
Update ... she is down to 3 1/2 stars!
Trending downward.

Warren 3 1-2 stars.jpg

floridays

Very true when considering electoral votes are not representative of actual state population.
Actually they are, they are derived from census numbers as are congressional seats. Where did you go to school? The only static number is senators, two from each state.

MAKAVELI

Actually they are, they are derived from census numbers as are congressional seats. Where did you go to school? The only static number is senators, two from each state.
Wrong.
A state’s electoral votes are equal to the number of representatives and senators the state has in Congress. House seat apportionments are based on population and are reapportioned every decade after the census. Every state is guaranteed at least one seat in the House and two in the Senate.

The electoral college is supposed to guarantee that populous states can’t dominate an election, but it also sets up a disparity in representation. While California has one electoral vote per 712,000 people, Wyoming — the least populous state in the country — has one electoral vote per 195,000 people.

floridays

The electoral college is completely different than the framers' intent. So what the hell is even your point?
My point is, speaking for myself, no one else, is you don't give a rats ass why the electoral college was instituted. You care nothing of the founders thinking or Constitution unless you see a way to use them to promote a personal belief.
You have absolutely no idea why the states ratified the electoral college nor do you care.
I'll make this extremely clear, understand this. No electoral college, no ratification of the Constitution, no ratified Constitution, no United States. No United States, no nation as it stands. Period. This was not the only sticking point either. This board seems to be populated by a few factual illiterates.
You guys aren't kids anymore, your boo boo's aren't just a funny thing. I understand the subversiveness of your type and those leading you useful idiots.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Wrong.
A state’s electoral votes are equal to the number of representatives and senators the state has in Congress. House seat apportionments are based on population and are reapportioned every decade after the census. Every state is guaranteed at least one seat in the House and two in the Senate.

The electoral college is supposed to guarantee that populous states can’t dominate an election, but it also sets up a disparity in representation. While California has one electoral vote per 712,000 people, Wyoming — the least populous state in the country — has one electoral vote per 195,000 people.
Jesus!
Go read some history and civics articles.
You obviously are totally ignorant of the Constitution and the compromises the the original framers of the Constitution worked out amongst the States.
The USA would never have been formed if the election of the President was based on the citizens of the USA.
The President is elected by the States ... not the people.

Another fine example of the poor quality of graduates of the USA public school system.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sort of ... the problem is you are arguing with someone who doesn't understand the basic framework of our National government.

El Correcto

god is dead
Jesus!
You obviously are totally ignorant of the Constitution and the compromises the the original framers of the Constitution worked out amongst the States.
The USA would never have been formed if the election of the President was based on the citizens of the USA.

Another fine example of the poor quality of graduates of the USA public school system.
Wrong, the electoral college was set in place to keep women from running the country.

MAKAVELI

Jesus!

So the intentions of the framers was a president to be elected by the minority? Got it. Don't worry you white racists will be the minority in a few years anyway. :happy2:

Last edited:

floridays

Wrong.

Ok smart guy, do you even understand what you quoted me? I don't need you to tell me what the electoral college is supposed to do. It is supposed to guarantee the citizens of any state a voice in the national election of a president. Period, nothing equal, simply a voice. You really a dumber than I ever imagined.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Jesus!

Are you high?
The framers did not intend for citizens to vote for the president at all. So your entire argument is garbage. Just like most of what you post.