Elizabeth Warren

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So the intentions of the framers was a president to be elected by the minority? Got it. Don't worry you white racists will be the minority in a few years anyway. :happy2:
Come to Atlanta where the Black racists are already the majority and dispatching their racist rulings.
You would enjoy it here I'm sure. :happy2:

floridays

Jesus!
Go read some history and civics articles.
You obviously are totally ignorant of the Constitution and the compromises the the original framers of the Constitution worked out amongst the States.
The USA would never have been formed if the election of the President was based on the citizens of the USA.
The President is elected by the States ... not the people.

Another fine example of the poor quality of graduates of the USA public school system.
The most amazing part of this puzzle I can't square is this, follow me:
These clowns scream for democracy, 1 man 1 vote, the most votes carry the day yet
They will stand for the state electors,
after choosing a presidential candidate
via superior votes cast from the citizens
to then throw the citizen voters under the boat
and cast electoral votes, awarded to their state, and the voters that cast these votes, in accordance with how other states (popularly) voted.
This truly is a sickness, definitely not logical and the thinking must border on psychosis, they continue to fight against themselves and their stated beliefs.
I can offer many examples of proof.

floridays

Nah. I’m not among those interested in pursuing schemes to remove him from office. He’s just not a billionaire.
Maybe not, I don't care. I bet the mortgage company owns the house you claim to own. I bet the truck you proudly drive and "own" can have a claim made against it as to ownership.
My point, I don't care, his wealth is not and was not built on the fact that he was elected to political office.
I would respect you more, if this type of thing bothers you, if you turned your barrel and set your sight on those that entered office with relatively little and are excessively heeled currently. Just my opinion, I'm not a Trump hater however.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
WHY THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

by Marc Schulman

The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power. Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers:

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.

(See All of the Federalist 68)

Hamilton and the other founders believed that the electors would be able to insure that only a qualified person becomes President. They believed that with the Electoral College no one would be able to manipulate the citizenry. It would act as check on an electorate that might be duped. Hamilton and the other founders did not trust the population to make the right choice. The founders also believed that the Electoral College had the advantage of being a group that met only once and thus could not be manipulated over time by foreign governments or others.

The electoral college is also part of compromises made at the convention to satisfy the small states. Under the system of the Electoral College each state had the same number of electoral votes as they have representative in Congress, thus no state could have less then 3. The result of this system is that in this election the state of Wyoming cast about 210,000 votes, and thus each elector represented 70,000 votes, while in California approximately 9,700,000 votes were cast for 54 votes, thus representing 179,000 votes per electorate. Obviously this creates an unfair advantage to voters in the small states whose votes actually count more then those people living in medium and large states.

One aspect of the electoral system that is not mandated in the constitution is the fact that the winner takes all the votes in the state. Therefore it makes no difference if you win a state by 50.1% or by 80% of the vote you receive the same number of electoral votes. This can be a recipe for one individual to win some states by large pluralities and lose others by small number of votes, and thus this is an easy scenario for one candidate winning the popular vote while another winning the electoral vote. This winner take all methods used in picking electors has been decided by the states themselves. This trend took place over the course of the 19th century.

While there are clear problems with the Electoral College and there are some advantages to it, changing it is very unlikely. It would take a constituitional amendment ratified by 3/4 of states to change the system. It is hard to imagine the smaller states agreeing.

floridays

So the intentions of the framers was a president to be elected by the minority? Got it. Don't worry you white racists will be the minority in a few years anyway. :happy2:
No, it was intended that upon 270 electoral votes, issued from the various states for a particular candidate a president would be elected.
The current president is your daddy, Donald John Trump,
you have no idea how much pleasure I have in rubbing it in your face. The only problem is the thick accumulation of egg.
Where did all that egg come from?

Last edited:

floridays

WHY THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

by Marc Schulman

The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power. Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers:

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.

(See All of the Federalist 68)

Hamilton and the other founders believed that the electors would be able to insure that only a qualified person becomes President. They believed that with the Electoral College no one would be able to manipulate the citizenry. It would act as check on an electorate that might be duped. Hamilton and the other founders did not trust the population to make the right choice. The founders also believed that the Electoral College had the advantage of being a group that met only once and thus could not be manipulated over time by foreign governments or others.

The electoral college is also part of compromises made at the convention to satisfy the small states. Under the system of the Electoral College each state had the same number of electoral votes as they have representative in Congress, thus no state could have less then 3. The result of this system is that in this election the state of Wyoming cast about 210,000 votes, and thus each elector represented 70,000 votes, while in California approximately 9,700,000 votes were cast for 54 votes, thus representing 179,000 votes per electorate. Obviously this creates an unfair advantage to voters in the small states whose votes actually count more then those people living in medium and large states.

One aspect of the electoral system that is not mandated in the constitution is the fact that the winner takes all the votes in the state. Therefore it makes no difference if you win a state by 50.1% or by 80% of the vote you receive the same number of electoral votes. This can be a recipe for one individual to win some states by large pluralities and lose others by small number of votes, and thus this is an easy scenario for one candidate winning the popular vote while another winning the electoral vote. This winner take all methods used in picking electors has been decided by the states themselves. This trend took place over the course of the 19th century.

While there are clear problems with the Electoral College and there are some advantages to it, changing it is very unlikely. It would take a constituitional amendment ratified by 3/4 of states to change the system. It is hard to imagine the smaller states agreeing.
Brownflush, you should read something before you post it, or at least understand the position taken. I only say this because I understand your previous positions taken on other subjects. Actually read what you offered, if that is your position we can disagree.

floridays

They certainly didn't abolish slavery, if they did once again there would be no constitution, no founding document for the several states to ratify and thus form a union, what we now and they did, after ratification call, THE UNITED STATES.
Our fathers did however, in the Constitution allow for mechanisms to change what couldn't be attained at the time of states fighting for their individual rights or wants to sign or ratify a union between the several states.
As you understand, a war based on certain disagreements was fought, the question of slavery being a prime issue.
To this day, certain persons as yourself harbor hate for a collection of states that made imperfect choices to form a union and yet spilled sons blood to rectify this imperfect agreement to form a union, the United States of America.
Please excuse me for identifying your type as miscreant, lowlife complainers that will never take responsibility for your lack of accomplishment and covetousness of anything another has.
I know this great brother didn't put himself in the position to lose all... for your crap. Sorry, just being truthful.
mlk and coretta.jpg
beautiful Man great beauty in and on a woman. Shame on you Mak.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Brownflush, you should read something before you post it, or at least understand the position taken. I only say this because I understand your previous positions taken on other subjects. Actually read what you offered, if that is your position we can disagree.
FlorMan, I did read this before I posted.
What is the disagreement you have with the article ?