Employee owned stock

upsbadboy

After the thrift plan went to stock shares, I held it for years. Went Down or near the same. Decided to use it towards a duplex and made $ $70,000 (built it myself) after 4 months. There's a return .

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown metal coffin

Im not sure that I agree that the stock is dead. Just 3 years ago it was $73.08 and today it closed at $104.52 which means it has gone up $31.44 a share in just that time span.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=UPS&a=06&b=16&c=2011&d=06&e=17&friend=2011&g=d

Also you are receiving a reinvestable dividend from a yield of 2.68% which purchases more stock without any additional charge to you. Also if my calculations are correct we receive a 5% discount on the purchase from automatic withdrawal in addition to the 2.68% dividend; it would seem that off the rip your making 7.68% on your money invested.

Finally there is no commission fee to buy stock when there is payroll withdraw which is another nice savings. It is just my opinion that its not dead and we are 1 of 3 major players in the shipping universe. I think it has no where to go but up.

Im not sure that I agree that the stock is dead. Just 3 years ago it was $73.08 and today it closed at $104.52 which means it has gone up $31.44 a share in just that time span.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=UPS&a=06&b=16&c=2011&d=06&e=17&friend=2011&g=d

Also you are receiving a reinvestable dividend from a yield of 2.68% which purchases more stock without any additional charge to you. Also if my calculations are correct we receive a 5% discount on the purchase from automatic withdrawal in addition to the 2.68% dividend; it would seem that off the rip your making 7.68% on your money invested.

Finally there is no commission fee to buy stock when there is payroll withdraw which is another nice savings. It is just my opinion that its not dead and we are 1 of 3 major players in the shipping universe. I think it has no where to go but up.
2009 or 2008, it was $38 bucks a share

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Not sure how it is nowadays, but a jillion years ago, when rank and file was just being able to buy stocks, I was told that UPS management received preferred stock, and hourly received common stock. Was it 2 different levels? If that was the case, rank and file will just get crumbs. It kept me from investing in stock. instead 15% went into the 401k every week.

Re-Raise

Not sure how it is nowadays, but a jillion years ago, when rank and file was just being able to buy stocks, I was told that UPS management received preferred stock, and hourly received common stock. Was it 2 different levels? If that was the case, rank and file will just get crumbs. It kept me from investing in stock. instead 15% went into the 401k every week.
All stock bought through the DESPP is class A , just like the stock management receives.

The only difference between class A and class B that the general public gets is that class A has 10 times the voting rights.

I am an hourly worker and I bought as much as I could afford as soon as it became available to us. I owned a lot before we went public.. along with OPL .. if anyone remembers that.

brown metal coffin

Im not 100% percent sure but I think all of the stock that the UPS employees have is class A stock and the general public can only purchase class B stock. I think the only real difference between the two is that ours counts a lot more in value in regards to voting shares than the class b.

All stock bought through the DESPP is class A , just like the stock management receives.

The only difference between class A and class B that the general public gets is that class A has 10 times the voting rights.

I am an hourly worker and I bought as much as I could afford as soon as it became available to us. I owned a lot before we went public.. along with OPL .. if anyone remembers that.
Opl = IRS nightmare for UPS.
Can't dodge, Uncle Sam!

Re-Raise

Opl = IRS nightmare for UPS.
Can't dodge, Uncle Sam!
It shows you what a money maker our package insurance is. That is why you never really hear much about limiting damages.

It is like why the homeowner insurance man doesn't mind a few house fires. It makes it easier to sell insurance to all the neighbors.

beentheredonethat

The mgmnt person recieves the stock for free. If we have a good year he recieves even more stock for free. His pile keeps growing. He works hard getting us to do more. He gets more. We keep having to do more with less, he gets more. Mike, grow this stock!! Better yet, take it private again.

Part of the compensation package for mgmt is getting stock. Years ago, the MIP was based on 15% of the profits of the company. Now it's some made up numbers and no where near 15% of the profits. How is we get it free, when that's part of compensation, similar to how health care is part of compensation for both mgmt and hourly.

It shows you what a money maker our package insurance is. That is why you never really hear much about limiting damages.

It is like why the homeowner insurance man doesn't mind a few house fires. It makes it easier to sell insurance to all the neighbors.
The tax man was not happy with the accounting on the OPL stock...that Is a big part why, Brown went public

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Im not 100% percent sure but I think all of the stock that the UPS employees have is class A stock and the general public can only purchase class B stock. I think the only real difference between the two is that ours counts a lot more in value in regards to voting shares than the class b.
And if you look at the news section not to long ago the BoD voted to keep class A shares with preferential voting rights. Imagine that.