End over 9.5 negotiations

rod

Retired 22 years
Fair enough, but how about give me the over hour earlier start time we had just a few years ago? There is the problem. Start at a normal time and the 9.5 becomes less of an issue. Getting home at 8 compared to before 7, is a big difference to me.
Oh I agree with that. I always hated the late start time. We had start times as late as 9:15. (worse during peak). There were a couple Centers north of us whose REGULAR start times were 10:00 a.m.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Fair enough, but how about give me the over hour earlier start time we had just a few years ago? There is the problem. Start at a normal time and the 9.5 becomes less of an issue. Getting home at 8 compared to before 7, is a big difference to me.
I thought that was TSP 2.0? Oh wait....

Brownwind

Oh I agree with that. I always hated the late start time. We had start times as late as 9:15. (worse during peak). There were a couple Centers north of us whose REGULAR start times were 10:00 a.m.
Yep I remember the 8:25 start times with the promise of an 8 am start because the customer is first and we are going to be also.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
"Drivers who choose to opt-in on the 9.5 list shall have the right to file a grievance if the Employer has continually worked a driver more than nine and one half (9.5) hours per day for any three (3) days in a workweek. The Company will not assign excessive over- time on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

Before i retired I would file over that and get a standard "Company Will Comply" settlement.Of course since there was no financial penalty they would violate week after week . That language needs to be backed up with a monetary penalty

Thebrownblob

Before i retired I would file over that and get a standard "Company Will Comply" settlement.Of course since there was no financial penalty they would violate week after week . That language needs to be backed up with a monetary penalty
The magical 9.5 Committee was supposed to handle such issues. Never personally saw them. Although I’m sure they existed somewhere.

“If a grievance under this provision (or a grievance under any exces- sive overtime provision of a Supplement, Rider or Addendum) can- not be resolved at the local level, including Supplemental Panels, where applicable, the Union may docket the grievance to be heard by the “9.5 Committee.” This Committee shall be composed of two (2) Union and two (2) Employer representatives. The 9.5 Commit- tee shall have the authority to direct the Employer to adjust the driver’s work schedule. Deadlocked cases shall be referred to the Employer’s Vice President of Labor Relations and the Co-Chair of the Teamsters United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee for fi- nal and binding resolution.”

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The magical 9.5 Committee was supposed to handle such issues. Never personally saw them. Although I’m sure they existed somewhere.

“If a grievance under this provision (or a grievance under any exces- sive overtime provision of a Supplement, Rider or Addendum) can- not be resolved at the local level, including Supplemental Panels, where applicable, the Union may docket the grievance to be heard by the “9.5 Committee.” This Committee shall be composed of two (2) Union and two (2) Employer representatives. The 9.5 Commit- tee shall have the authority to direct the Employer to adjust the driver’s work schedule. Deadlocked cases shall be referred to the Employer’s Vice President of Labor Relations and the Co-Chair of the Teamsters United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee for fi- nal and binding resolution.”
Don't get ahead of yourself?

This procedure outlined in the preceeding paragraph likely needs to happen before docketing anything to the "9.5 Committee".

The "9.5 Committee" is real btw and convenes at National Panels.
I have presented before them on several occasions.

Screenshot_20220817-064733_Hancom Office Widget & PDF Viewer.jpg

AKCoverMan

Get rid of that altogether if eliminate the grievance part of 9.5 and the three strikes part ofm9.5. Just make a higher pay rate automatic after 9.5. Boom!