End over 9.5 negotiations

Thebrownblob

Not here- every one is given away...
Given away how? There is nothing to give away it would be a complete dereliction of duty to represent. I’m not saying you’re not telling the truth I’m trying to figure out what could possibly be said, and why someone hasn’t anyone called the Business agents boss or even higher up at the international level. and if that didn’t work why not file Labor charges with the labor board? This is really not even complicated or debatable there is no discussion if you’re over 9.5, and file the appropriate grievances.

What'dyabringmetoday???

"Drivers who choose to opt-in on the 9.5 list shall have the right to file a grievance if the Employer has continually worked a driver more than nine and one half (9.5) hours per day for any three (3) days in a workweek. The Company will not assign excessive over- time on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

Lol. The company does as it pleases Big Union Man.

Commercial Inside Release

Don't be surprised if UPS takes the air conditioner out of the new trucks.

Any new truck with AC will be endlessly fought over. Every weekend, some different goober will drive it and trash it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Given away how? There is nothing to give away it would be a complete dereliction of duty to represent. I’m not saying you’re not telling the truth I’m trying to figure out what could possibly be said, and why someone hasn’t anyone called the Business agents boss or even higher up at the international level. and if that didn’t work why not file Labor charges with the labor board? This is really not even complicated or debatable there is no discussion if you’re over 9.5, and file the appropriate grievances.
Our BA is a fat slob. He gives away EVERY 9.5 grievance. Claims he's getting more jobs. He's getting a nice dinner from UPS...

Thebrownblob

Our BA is a fat slob. He gives away EVERY 9.5 grievance. Claims he's getting more jobs. He's getting a nice dinner from UPS...
If that’s the case start making phone calls. Trust me a phone call to the international will have your local on pins and needles if not the same day definitely the next day. Especially if you’re threatening labor charges. Horse trading grievances is not acceptable especially without the members approval.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You’re definitely missing something or not being told something. If the company is refusing to pay them out they should be put on the docket, and taken to the panel and let them decide. I guarantee you the panel will pay them and the company will look like complete fools. Panels do not appreciate one side delaying easily paid grievances and bringing them in front of them.
All that’s great if you’ve got a BA that’s willing to take them on

Some aren’t for whatever reason

Thebrownblob

All that’s great if you’ve got a BA that’s willing to take them on

Some aren’t for whatever reason
It’s interesting that it’s a problem in some places, I don’t even settle 9.5‘s with the business agent anymore. I usually get them solved with the Center Manager he submits them to labor for approval and it magically paychecks show up in a few days. Easy Peezy. There’s really nothing to argue about.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It’s interesting that it’s a problem in some places, I don’t even settle 9.5‘s with the business agent anymore. I usually get them solved with the Center Manager he submits them to labor for approval and it magically paychecks show up in a few days. Easy Peezy. There’s really nothing to argue about.

100%

If you were looking for a 9 to 5 job why did you go with UPS? UPS has NEVER been a 9 to 5 job or will it ever be.
Fair enough, but how about give me the over hour earlier start time we had just a few years ago? There is the problem. Start at a normal time and the 9.5 becomes less of an issue. Getting home at 8 compared to before 7, is a big difference to me.

Fair enough, but how about give me the over hour earlier start time we had just a few years ago? There is the problem. Start at a normal time and the 9.5 becomes less of an issue. Getting home at 8 compared to before 7, is a big difference to me.
Plus the company should realize that people are more productive working in daylight hours than when it gets dark outside

Over70irregs

Yep and it will take 15 years lol similar to power steering and high step although I’m not sure what you want for Teamsters to do force them to sell all the vehicles? I don’t personally care if we ever get air-conditioning it’s not an issue I am concerned about.
High step. No Power steering. Knees and shoulders remember.