End over 9.5 negotiations

DriverNerd

Yes this is stating we can force some OT on you without you filing a grievance. Two days could be as much as 10 hours of OT and I still couldn’t file.
You could work over 56 hours in a week and still not be able to file 9.5. I'm honestly surprised the company doesn't do this. Just work every 9.5er 14 hours two days a week and 9.5 the rest. So many people would be pissed off coming in at 10 multiple days a week and not be able to file.

rod

Retired 22 years
8 hours done or not. They know when I’m over 9.5 so they would know when I’m over 8. They even know how to dispatch an 8hr request. We should be focused on 8hr language instead of 9.5 language. Double time after 8.5 and triple after 9.5! Sounds extreme? It isn’t. It’s what has to be done to end it.
If you were looking for a 9 to 5 job why did you go with UPS? UPS has NEVER been a 9 to 5 job or will it ever be.

Commercial Inside Release

Wow. That was deep thought. So you are hinting at 9.5 insurance? That way it doesn’t affect the books..
New contract negotiations, possible strike... Corp might decide to claim all the 9.5 grievances, instead of settling them. It will probably be messy, but dragging their feet, while the calendar advances is possibly their "telling" strategy.

Might want to hold off on spending that 9.5 money, until you have it in hand.

542thruNthru

New contract negotiations, possible strike... Corp might decide to claim all the 9.5 grievances, instead of settling them. It will probably be messy, but dragging their feet, while the calendar advances is possibly their "telling" strategy.

Might want to hold off on spending that 9.5 money, until you have it in hand.
Highly doubt it. UPS always tries to clear all liability before the new year so that their books are right.

Nice try though.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just work every 9.5er 14 hours two days a week and 9.5 the rest. So many people would be pissed off coming in at 10 multiple days a week and not be able to file.

"Drivers who choose to opt-in on the 9.5 list shall have the right to file a grievance if the Employer has continually worked a driver more than nine and one half (9.5) hours per day for any three (3) days in a workweek. The Company will not assign excessive over- time on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

Thebrownblob

If they claim that the only way to keep all the 9.5 drivers under 9.5 is to give the others 14 hours on their off days I'm not sure there's much you can do about that language.
There’s language for that, I rarely see anyone do14 hours, but if they want to take things to that extreme fine there is some language.

“The Company will not assign excessive over- time on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List.”

allahuakbar

She/Her
Teamsters and Ups know that freightliner is only producing their trucks with AC now. That’s why AC is such a big issue suddenly. They’re both going to pat themselves on the back and go “see what we did for you”!

Thebrownblob

Teamsters and Ups know that freightliner is only producing their trucks with AC now. That’s why AC is such a big issue suddenly. They’re both going to pat themselves on the back and go “see what we did for you”!
Almost Every truck at my building is less than three years old and that’s over 300 trucks. We’re going to have these trucks for at least a dozen years or more. I don’t see them retrofitting air conditioner but who knows.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Almost Every truck at my building is less than three years old and that’s over 300 trucks. We’re going to have these trucks for at least a dozen years or more. I don’t see them retrofitting air conditioner but who knows.
That’s where ups saves. They’re not gonna retrofit anything. They’ll say going forward new trucks will have AC and fans will be installed in current fleet (which is something already in contract but teamsters won’t fight)

Thebrownblob

That’s where ups saves. They’re not gonna retrofit anything. They’ll say going forward new trucks will have AC and fans will be installed in current fleet (which is something already in contract but teamsters won’t fight)

Yep and it will take 15 years lol similar to power steering and high step although I’m not sure what you want for Teamsters to do force them to sell all the vehicles? I don’t personally care if we ever get air-conditioning it’s not an issue I am concerned about.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Ac is being used as a facade as the main argueMent. While avoiding real issues two tier wages and excessive OT. I don’t want ac. It wouldn’t work. Really wouldn’t make my day easier either. They’re not gonna do anything about OT or PVDs or 22.4. They’re gonna say here’s air conditioning and all the snowflakes will just vote yes.

Thebrownblob

Ac is being used as a facade as the main argueMent. While avoiding real issues two tier wages and excessive OT. I don’t want ac. It wouldn’t work. Really wouldn’t make my day easier either. They’re not gonna do anything about OT or PVDs or 22.4. They’re gonna say here’s air conditioning and all the snowflakes will just vote yes.
I’m in agreement with you that air-conditioning is not an issue I am concerned about, the other issues you list are far more important to me.