Enhanced Saturday Ground

Boxjockey82

They've been forcing our whole center in on Saturday's for about 3 weeks unless you're at or over 60 hours; then it's voluntary double time.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Coming soon to a center near you. Our building is basically doubling the amount of Saturday ground routes and are going to force RPCDs to work a 6th day. Volunteer first and then forced from the bottom up.

I'm under the southern supplement and don't understand how my defined 5-day work week now becomes 6.
Call your center manager every time the wind changes directions. Make him earn that 6 figure income.

Yeah but I can't find that language in the contract and it's annoying me lol
Teamsters Release UPS National Agreement in Principle, Highlights
Screenshot_20200520-215136.png

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Coming soon to a center near you. Our building is basically doubling the amount of Saturday ground routes and are going to force RPCDs to work a 6th day. Volunteer first and then forced from the bottom up.

I'm under the southern supplement and don't understand how my defined 5-day work week now becomes 6.
They’ve been doing this for 8 weeks up here in the north

tramtwo

So what's the union stance on a force 6 report? And by the way I don't believe my Center has any 22.4s yet. The last four full time hires came as a result of overusing tcd's last year.

So basically the company is going to pay double what it negotiated (22.4) to get this stuff delivered on Saturdays. Off to buy more stock....

tramtwo

If they push us this hard in this oppressive summer heat they're going to lose a lot
Cant force a 6th punch. Get written up file a grievance and take it to panel.

So they say you're scheduled to work Saturday and I say I cant. Then management says tuff smile* you better be here! So I call in Saturday morning and say I'm not coming to work. Then Monday morning the center manager hands me a warning letter for what... attendance?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
22.4 b
Paragraph 3. The number of protected RPCD jobs in each building as out- lined in this Article 22.4 (1) above, shall be guaranteed from re- placement by 22.4 combination drivers or from any part-time driv- ers as allowed by any Supplement, Rider or Addendum. In the event a protected job moves to another building or jurisdiction as a result of a change of operations or otherwise, the protected status shall follow the job. The number of 22.4 combination drivers shall not exceed twenty-fve (25%) of the total number of RPCDs in the building. If the amount of regular Saturday or Sunday volume in a building consistently requires RPCD drivers to work Saturday or Sunday because of the twenty-fve percent (25%) limit, the Pack- age Division Director and UPS President of Labor Relations shall be allowed to adjust the limit based on demonstrated service needs.

Staydryitsraining

If they push us this hard in this oppressive summer heat they're going to lose a lot

So they say you're scheduled to work Saturday and I say I cant. Then management says tuff smile* you better be here! So I call in Saturday morning and say I'm not coming to work. Then Monday morning the center manager hands me a warning letter for what... attendance?
OP said being forced, I would assume he means they said be there or be disciplined. I wouldnt call and say anything. It's not your scheduled work day why are you calling to tell them you arent coming in? Unless I'm missing something somewhere 6th punch cant be forced. I dont work 6 days during peak.