Essential Personnel....

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"No state has completely walled off their residents from the outside. Generally, people are free to leave their homes to obtain food, supplies and medical care or to get exercise or care for loved ones. The rapidly drafted executive orders also exempt millions of jobs and services deemed too essential to shut down.""

That isn't a "lock down" imo...the term seems more like a stern bravado headline, really just encouraging social distance. I'm in a border state to NY

You should read the executive orders. If they were actually enforced there would be a lot of people in jail. Punish people who violate the emergency orders, designed to keep people away from each other, by forcing them into close quarters with other people under questionably sanitary conditions. Makes sense to me.

By making exceptions to the rules, there really is no point in making the rules to begin with. They certainly have next to zero ability to enforce the rules. And the enforcement of the rules is in violation of the rules. What magnificent leadership! The real reason these Governors are making these rules is so when the virus hysteria dies down they can take credit for saving everyone, regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You should read the executive orders. If they were actually enforced there would be a lot of people in jail. Punish people who violate the emergency orders, designed to keep people away from each other, by forcing them into close quarters with other people under questionably sanitary conditions. Makes sense to me.

By making exceptions to the rules, there really is no point in making the rules to begin with. They certainly have next to zero ability to enforce the rules. And the enforcement of the rules is in violation of the rules. What magnificent leadership! The real reason these Governors are making these rules is so when the virus histeria dies down they can take credit for saving everyone, regardless of the outcome.
NYC May Soon Fine People for Not Complying With Social Distancing

Here we go...sorry it is OT

Boston25

The problem here is you have stupid orange man's definition of "essential personal". Perfect example how how dangerous a leader as dumb as him is.

Essential personal would be service men, firemen, law enforcement, hospital workers , care workers , medical suppliers, food suppliers etc. These are workers where as if they weren't here it would greatly impact people's lives. Sometimes even resulting in death if these people weren't available.

I drive around my area and see flower shops open, restaurants, small convenient stores (not grocery store) etc. People are still going out and ending up in groups which this "lock down" is suppose to avoid.

P.s
Unfortunately many would disagree but truckers and delivery personal should be essential being without them a lot of these needed supplies would be available.
I agree 100%

....is a term used by the elite. It makes the worker puff out their chest, brag about being Essential, and go to work like good little drones.

If a two week stay at home order will help defeat this virus, I think EVERYONE should stay home. Health care workers, cops, everyone. Shut it all down, no choosing your favorites to stay alive, and leaving your "Essentials" to catch and give that virus to their families.

Essential Personnel = Expendable Personnel.
What about the grocery store or gas station?

rod

Retired 22 years
....is a term used by the elite. It makes the worker puff out their chest, brag about being Essential, and go to work like good little drones.

If a two week stay at home order will help defeat this virus, I think EVERYONE should stay home. Health care workers, cops, everyone. Shut it all down, no choosing your favorites to stay alive, and leaving your "Essentials" to catch and give that virus to their families.

Essential Personnel = Expendable Personnel.
What color is the sun in your world :-)

quad decade guy

Just got home from a coast to coast sleeper run to two of the biggest cities in America.

Stopping along the way at truck stops and hubs, along with lot's of other folks.

Highways thick with RV's and passenger cars. Trucks only? Not even close. Everything

open from gunshops to headshops. Except restaurants. Weird. And here we are at

UPS, like nothing is going on. What is going on? So, who gets to decide when

"it's all clear, safe ...." What does that mean exactly? If I went to New Jersey,

is that New York City? Just across the river from what I can tell. Aren't UPSer's

going back and forth and therefore exposing me? Therefore my family? Should I

self quarantine every 2 weeks? My wife too?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just got home from a coast to coast sleeper run to two of the biggest cities in America.

Stopping along the way at truck stops and hubs, along with lot's of other folks.

Highways thick with RV's and passenger cars. Trucks only? Not even close. Everything

open from gunshops to headshops. Except restaurants. Weird. And here we are at

UPS, like nothing is going on. What is going on? So, who gets to decide when

"it's all clear, safe ...." What does that mean exactly? If I went to New Jersey,

is that New York City? Just across the river from what I can tell. Aren't UPSer's

going back and forth and therefore exposing me? Therefore my family? Should I

self quarantine every 2 weeks? My wife too?
There's a fine line between making sheep feel like you're doing enough to keep them safe yet also scared enough to do what you say.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
OK. Given all that, will it just come down to "ok, all clear"?
Slowly ease back restrictions and keep social distancing recommendations in place.

Available data says 3 months for the infection rate to peak and recede. They'll say everyone following their orders is the reason for the decline and the programming will be a success.

quad decade guy

Slowly ease back restrictions and keep social distancing recommendations in place.

Available data says 3 months for the infection rate to peak and recede. They'll say everyone following their orders is the reason for the decline and the programming will be a success.

Social distancing recommendations for how long? Ever?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Social distancing recommendations for how long? Ever?
I mean, I imagine Italy might be rethinking the whole greeting each other by kissing right about now....

I think they're gonna wait to see how hard this virus comes back in the fall to declare the all clear. A lot will depend on treatment clinical trials and vaccines.

People gonna die.
Such is life.