Super Powers

UPS is obsessed with their no backing fetish. They will probably remove the reverse gear from our transmissions one day. They always go out of their way to make the job more difficult and then criticize your SPOR.

Rack em

Made the Podium
UPS is obsessed with their no backing fetish. They will probably remove the reverse gear from our transmissions one day. They always go out of their way to make the job more difficult and then criticize your SPOR.
They usually focus on backing more in the summer months when they have their "backing competitions" between centers. During the winter months we never hear a damn thing about backs.

charmschool

Veteran driver pulled me aside after I was reprimanded in PCM about back first violations to do whatever you want in driveway (rural route long driveways) then hit stop complete after I'm out.

charmschool

Why not just back first?
there are numerous long, narrow driveways on route where it would take at least 10 minutes each way to walk, so i pull in, deliver, then back all the way out. safer than trying to turn around with no space and cars, low walls in driveway, better to just line it up and back straight out.

Rack em

Made the Podium
there are numerous long, narrow driveways on route where it would take at least 10 minutes each way to walk, so i pull in, deliver, then back all the way out. safer than trying to turn around with no space and cars, low walls in driveway, better to just line it up and back straight out.
Had to do this a few times today, except I stop complete at the door like we're supposed to and just take the back first. Back first means nothing to me in the winter and I would laugh in any supervisors face if they questioned me about them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
4A313CC5-BE00-4032-8A59-FA6DF6C64A3B.gif

wayfair

swollen member
Why UPS drivers don't turn left and you probably shouldn't either

It might seem strange, but UPS delivery vans don’t always take the shortest route between stops. The company gives each driver a specific route to follow and that includes a policy that drivers should never turn through oncoming traffic (that’s left in countries where they drive on the right and vice versa) unless absolutely necessary. This means that routes are sometimes longer than they have to be. So, why do they do it?

SmithBarney

Sober
We are on the same page.
70 backs a day, rural resi.
They rode with me...80 backs, none unnecessary as judged by the safety sup.

Metric...who cares.

By the way the ones who use coasting are not doing something unethical. There is nothing inherently unethical about coasting. There are times when using neutral is actually safer than having it in gear, such as driving down an icy hill..
Absolutely true, these trucks suck in the slick, N downhill is a lifesaver... I might have even used reverse a couple times(going forward down an slick hill) it's a snowmobiling trick, but it works when needed.