Ever had a job with less job security?

underworked1

Personally I've never had another job with less job security. Constantly have to second guess everything you do and each new situation you have you have to be certain you sheet everything perfectly or fear being fired. I've seen people fired for the most absurd :censored2:, as have all of you I assume. Even doing your Job perfectly will eventually lead to some sort of interrogation. Why did you back 10 times. Why were you stopped for 33 seconds there. All questioning done like you are a lying piece of :censored2:. Anyone have any jobs worse?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Personally I've never had another job with less job security. Constantly have to second guess everything you do and each new situation you have you have to be certain you sheet everything perfectly or fear being fired. I've seen people fired for the most absurd :censored2:, as have all of you I assume. Even doing your Job perfectly will eventually lead to some sort of interrogation. Why did you back 10 times. Why were you stopped for 33 seconds there. All questioning done like you are a lying piece of :censored2:. Anyone have any jobs worse?
You have to second as guess yourself on everything. What I like are the no win situations they put us in.

UPSGUY72

Not true, getting fired at UPS is surprisingly easy....getting fired and staying fired....now, that takes work.

Either way you don't get fired for doing your job the right way. You don't get fired for to many backs or speeding "33" seconds at a stop.

T

Turdferguson

Ask around how long your friends and families have had their job. Been out here 26 years, and when I tell people that they can not believe someone has worked here that long, and I am not even close to the most senior person at our facility. There is plenty of job security at UPS. A lot of crap to put up with yes,but security also

Packmule

I've been saying for a long time now that it seems UPS spends thousands of dollars hiring, training and equipping new drivers, only to spend the rest of their careers looking for a way to fire them again. And all the new technology is only going to make it worse. So glad I'm almost done and so totally don't envy newer guys with decades to go.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I never worry. I CYA on everything. Let them text me what to do. Other than that, do the job.

Stopher

It's gotten really bad. I used to like this job now I don't even want to get out of bed. They think that because Orion was implemented they will be able to pull anyone off the streets to do our job.

andrsnbkj

It's gotten really bad. I used to like this job now I don't even want to get out of bed. They think that because Orion was implemented they will be able to pull anyone off the streets to do our job.
Just like when edd came out. I could never learn a route the way Orion sets it up everyday compared to edd

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your local union must be very very weak there.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have never been threatened to be fired, or have even come close. I've been written up once in 13 years and I wiped my ass with that. Like someone said your local must be pretty weak, sounds like you guys should be acting like a brotherhood and teaching management a lesson.

HardknocksUPSer

It's all abunch of bull, I've been told I'll be fired atleast 3-5 times this year alone. Not because I'm doing anything wrong, I just have a nazi running the concentration camp I call a workplace, you have to stand up for yourself because if you let them bully you, they WILL! Know your contract, follow the methods, and do the best you can do, that's all you can do. If you feel your being harassed or over supervised file on it. They like paperwork so give them some.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
1. You do?

2. Such as?
E3MoTo0.gif