Exposing the Local 25 supplement

We also got 6th year round for part timers. As well as more opportunities to go full time. And we also protected RPCD 8 hour guarantee which Taylor couldn't negotiate.
What are you talking about? Most places have an 8 hour guarantee. Have had it for decades.

Boston25

What are you talking about? Most places have an 8 hour guarantee. Have had it for decades.
I should've elaborated we protected rcpd 8 hour guarantee due to 22.4 language. And in New England we have negotiated hard in getting newly organized companies to pay into the pension fund.

Well we didn't take any concessions while the IBT did. We protected what we have and made improvements that sounds good to me. But then again you don't work under the New England supplement.
No, the pension alone, make you a lower tier teamster.:happy:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I just scanned your New England Supplement. Your weekly monetary hourly increases of 6.20 per hour in your Pension for the first 4 years of this contract does not match what we should be getting with the Central per article 34 master (11 dollars per hour increase). I did notice that in your 5 year you will get up to that 11 dollar level.

Your Health and Welfare hourly increase fall in line with the Master 34 language (also at 11 dollars per hour).

Is there a reason behind this and what would be your current standard 30 year, age 57 pension benefit come up to?

LagunaBrown

Your Part Time Cover drivers and Part Time feeder drivers that can work 7 MONTHS a year.

Your telling me you let part timers work this many months in two different classifications June, July, August, the first two (2) weeks in September, and from October 15th through January 15th. and you can’t make full time jobs!!!!!!

You can’t defend that garbage. If your voting down the national because of 22.4’s you are a hypocrite if you don’t vote down your supplements as well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your Part Time Cover drivers and Part Time feeder drivers that can work 7 MONTHS a year.

Your telling me you let part timers work this many months in two different classifications June, July, August, the first two (2) weeks in September, and from October 15th through January 15th. and you can’t make full time jobs!!!!!!

You can’t defend that garbage. If your voting down the national because of 22.4’s you are a hypocrite if you don’t vote down your supplements as well.
I think I may have finally found something we can agree upon???

I don't see how anybody can vote in favor of any Supplement or Rider, until they find the National Master acceptable.

How else can the ridiculous system of suring up pathetically difficient and concessionary Master language, through supplemental language, work effectively?

Last edited:

Gimme Danger

You don’t have the best supplement. Your pension really drags you down. You would be lucky if you are in the top 10.

Our pension accrual rate is $248 per month for a full year of service, regardless of the contribution rate. This may be the highest in the country.

I just scanned your New England Supplement. Your weekly monetary hourly increases of 6.20 per hour in your Pension for the first 4 years of this contract does not match what we should be getting with the Central per article 34 master (11 dollars per hour increase). I did notice that in your 5 year you will get up to that 11 dollar level.

Your Health and Welfare hourly increase fall in line with the Master 34 language (also at 11 dollars per hour).

Is there a reason behind this and what would be your current standard 30 year, age 57 pension benefit come up to?

See above. Our H&W are locally run. These are great benefits in my local, as @wide load would concur.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Our pension accrual rate is $248 per month for a full year of service, regardless of the contribution rate. This may be the highest in the country.

See above. Our H&W are locally run. These are great benefits in my local, as @wide load would concur.
I had 2 kids with a total cost of zero dollars. I’d say they are amazing benifits.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think

Is there a reason behind this and what would be your current standard 30 year, age 57 pension benefit come up
all the brothers up there believe they have the best supplement in the country. They even brag about it !

I just discovered that local 25 has part time feeder drivers
In philly we would be on the street if the company and union agreed to put that to vote

I also am aware that their pension was so bad up in local 25 that they had to make a hybrid plan!
The supplement and pension is a direct representation of the leadership

The Boston bully put me on teamcare now I will expose him and his corrupt leadership.
FACT
When UPS bought out of liability on the old pension fund and they created this new pension fund the agreement was no pension contributions increases for 10 years. 10 years is up on the fourth year of this contract. That’s why we’re seeing the big increase. Where getting what everybody else’s is getting and more but they’re not giving us the money until the fifth year of the contract.

OVERBOARD

We also got 6th year round for part timers. As well as more opportunities to go full time. And we also protected RPCD 8 hour guarantee which Taylor couldn't negotiate.
I’m not going to hold my breath that we’re going to get this. The national agreement they put in language that says this language supersedes any language in a supplement. Good thing I have over 20 years and it won’t affect me either way.

Hofficer Hater

When UPS bought out of liability on the old pension fund and they created this new pension fund the agreement was no pension contributions increases for 10 years. 10 years is up on the fourth year of this contract. That’s why we’re seeing the big increase. Where getting what everybody else’s is getting and more but they’re not giving us the money until the fifth year of the contract.

Hey Einstein, 1+1 = 2. Do you know how to count? In the rest of the nation members are making above $11 per hour in pension, you're stuck at $6.20 until 2022 because the New England Pension Fund chaired by the Boston Bully went belly up and you had to go into a hybrid plan. By 2022 the rest of the nation will be abobe $13 and you barely at $11.15.

Now tell me how $6.20 per hour is better than $11 Einstein?

OVERBOARD

One more thing at least we don’t have year-round temporary drivers like some other supplements. How does that even work, why would they make anyone full-time

brown_trousers

I should've elaborated we protected rcpd 8 hour guarantee due to 22.4 language. And in New England we have negotiated hard in getting newly organized companies to pay into the pension fund.
Wouldnt newly organized companies be more risky? Seems like it would be safer to have larger companies that unionized long ago. Like cocacola, or kroger, etc...

Still in the green, always has. Keeping it in the green has always been their focus.

Yep! The western conference pension has been very responsible with our money

Gimme Danger

Hey Einstein, 1+1 = 2. Do you know how to count? In the rest of the nation members are making above $11 per hour in pension, you're stuck at $6.20 until 2022 because the New England Pension Fund chaired by the Boston Bully went belly up and you had to go into a hybrid plan. By 2022 the rest of the nation will be abobe $13 and you barely at $11.15.

Are you forgetting the $2.1 billion UPS is paying to the fund in addition to the hourly rate? Benefits are still $248 per month for a full service year.

It's the benefit accrual not the contribution rate. There are funds that receive $18/hour contribution rate, that doesn't mean the benefits are better or worse.

OVERBOARD

Are you sure you’re getting that I thought you’re only getting that if you vote yes

Gimme Danger

I’m not going to hold my breath that we’re going to get this. The national agreement they put in language that says this language supersedes any language in a supplement. Good thing I have over 20 years and it won’t affect me either way.
That particular part of 22.4b doesn't have supersede language. So the protection against one day layoffs of package car drivers is solid.