Rejected Supplement Members: Is your Local fighting for UPS or U?

HBGPreloader

Just tell them it's supplemental issues Don't give them a reason to declare another impasse
That's the approach I would like to take, but they appear to be, deliberately, keeping us part timers in the dark on what is going on.
One rumor I heard is they plan on voting at the building on a weekend when there is only a skeleton crew just to get the supplement passed.
Fortunately, the regular meeting is next Sunday. So, I hope to learn more then.

That's the approach I would like to take, but they appear to be, deliberately, keeping us part timers in the dark on what is going on.
One rumor I heard is they plan on voting at the building on a weekend when there is only a skeleton crew just to get the supplement passed.
Fortunately, the regular meeting is next Sunday. So, I hope to learn more then.
They can't do that!

DOK

Our local leadership here in 243 is beyond pathetic. They are non-responsive to members questions. The Local has yet to reach out and ask the Stewards what the myriad of issues are with the Metro Detroit Supplement. These criminals still want to give more contractual protections to a non-existent 22.4 employee than they do to a driver who just completed an already ridiculous 4 year progression. They don't want to address OT issues, Teamcare Deductibles, or Disciplinary language. We need improvements in all of these areas. Our supplement is unacceptable. The issues in question are properly addressed in our Local Supplement.

Are the members of Teamsters Central Pennsylvania, Teamsters Local 804, TCI, Teamsters Upstate & West New York & Teamsters Western PA and Local 926 also being faced with combative, retaliatory or non-responsive responses from their local leadership?

Until Hoffa/Taylor decides to just push our supplements thru; we still have a voice.

We stand together against UPS and Hoffa/Taylor. We can gain major improvements THIS contract. The gains we secure now will serve as a foundation for our neglected and betrayed brothers and sisters of other locals.

We will swing the wrecking ball that destroys the corrupt current leadership and leaves it in a pile of rubble. And then we will rebuild.

We are now placing the cornerstone upon which the next UPS Contract will be built.

It's up to the hard working UPSers in the 6 to stand steadfast.

We have found the enemy and it us. Not really us....but people like the 243 rep who stated:

In September 2008, Teamster Local Officer X told Plaintiff that he
would do “whatever [is] necessary” to ensure his re-election: “This is my job and my livelihood, I do my job well and I will do whatever necessary to get re-elected.”

This so called "leader" followed thru on his threat and the solid teamster running against him was discharged from a career of over 25 years.

If you try to change the leadership; you will be retaliated against by UPS and the Pro-Hoffa Teamsters.
And that is exactly what is wrong with the current Pro Hoffa Teamster leadership.

Many of us will fall in this battle; but the few who are able to survive and take leadership positions will be a beacon of light for what the Teamsters should stand for. Like Dr. Spock so eloquently stated.... The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few....or the criminals.

From what I’ve heard UPS feels they have the upper hand in these supplemental negotiations. Our local leaders are in fear there will be a lot taken off the table by ups at the negotiations, which have already started in some locals.

DOK

From what I’ve heard UPS feels they have the upper hand in these supplemental negotiations. Our local leaders are in fear there will be a lot taken off the table by ups at the negotiations, which have already started in some locals.
Then they will get another NO vote

But my thinking is ups feels these contracts will just get pushed through, as they have in the past, regardless of the vote.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Our plan is to force the company controlled Teamster local 243 to properly renegotiate the supplement. For 243 to work and negotiate in the members best interest & stop colluding with UPS. We are demanding that 243 add new language to the Metro Detroit Rider mirroring the 22.4 language in the NorCal supplement We are demanding to be told what the exact number of protected RPCD positions are and what the exact # of 22.4s will be for each center in 243. We are demanding to be told what the Teamcare deductibles will be. We are demanding clear language protecting our right to extra work before a 22.4, etc. etc.

One way or the other. 243s leadership has ensured that they will be voted out in the next local election.

1) Who is "our plan"?
2) If you have evidence of collusion, you should contact the IRB and have them investigated.
3) The protected jobs percentage is already listed in the new language(not that I agree with it) and only according to centers with t-s package drivers.
4) Teamcare is not covered under the supplement but rather the National which has been implemented.
5) Protections for 22.4 language is the right approach.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Local 804 has updated its members on what is going on with the renegotiation of their supplement. Home - Teamsters Local 804

Local 243 is keeping us in the dark.

Any other rejected supplement updates?

Local 804 is having an election right now for Local Officers so my guess is you are only seeing a message from the one in charge of the website since the present Officers are split and running against each other. This is not a point of argument but a realization of what is happening in that Local.