Exposing the Local 25 supplement

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Until they have to go back to part-time. Didn't we go on strike in 1997 because part time America wouldn't work. Ron Carey would laugh at that weak ass Easter Region Supplement.
Careful!!! You can’t say “Ron Carey” and expect to keep your appointment!

Time for change

What are you talking about TonyQ? Can you elaborate on these articles?
Until they have to go back to part-time. Didn't we go on strike in 1997 because part time America wouldn't work. Ron Carey would laugh at that weak ass Easter Region Supplement.
Thought he went on strike to keep the pensions with the union so they could later squander them? Or in other words, the union was only willing to strike when it’s in the interest of union big wigs.

Gimme Danger

1997 strike was about protecting our pensions and creating full time combo jobs out of existing part time jobs (22.3 jobs).
Now we don't get any new 22.3 jobs because the 2nd tier driver 22.4 jobs created will count against the 22.3 job promise. The 5000 promised jobs language is just a straight up lie.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We do have the best supplement and fought back on every concession UPS wanted. UPS wanted to change the schedule times with out the proper notice. They wanted to eliminate the day after thanksgiving as a holiday. They wanted to removed 1/52nd vacation time. They wanted act of God guarantees for full timers 4 hours and part timers 2 hours. They wanted year round casuals and helpers. Let me ask a question to anyone thinking letting part timers into feeders is a concession: Would you rather have dues paying Teamsters do feeder work or let UPS continue to subcontract work out to scabs?
Sounds like they just need to hire a few more feeder drivers and when the feeder work isn’t there they bump back to package...

LagunaBrown

The accrual rate is $248 per month for every full year if service. I don't think you understand how a pension works. The money contributed isn't a lump sum payout at the end. If I have 30 full years in and retire at age 64, I get over 7k per month until I die. That counts my time as a part timer and full timer, based on hours worked.
Ok I respect you but seriously you think I don’t understand? I asked the accrual rate. That is a rate like a number fraction or decimal. What you gave me was a dollar amount at $248. Accrual rates can vary throughout the years you contribute to a pension. Each pension has different accrual rates.

LagunaBrown

Obviously you have a reading issue since @Gimme Danger already clarified your ignorance. Your just paid to resist. Sean is taking the top seat. You should accept it now that way it won’t hurt your bum as hard later.
I asked for an accrual rate. That is not a dolllar ammount it is a RATE, you calling me ignorant is hilarious. What planet are you guys from?

Hofficer Hater

Ok I respect you but seriously you think I don’t understand? I asked the accrual rate. That is a rate like a number fraction or decimal. What you gave me was a dollar amount at $248. Accrual rates can vary throughout the years you contribute to a pension. Each pension has different accrual rates.

The accrual rate on solvent pensions normally run between 1.2% and 1.8% depending on how good the market is doing. The accrual rates on pension funds that have gone belly up like the Central States, New England Pension Fund, Western Penn etc set a dollar amount disregarding the amount of hours worked by a member. And that is one reason all these funds failed.

In all the failing funds like the ones mentioned above they have given a member who worked 500 hours the same amount as someone who worked 2080 hours. Such practice has led and will continue to lead to the collapse of more pension funds. Making $6.20 an hour and drawing $6K is a recipe for disaster that wont last and will be forced to rectify before you know it.

Gimme Danger

That is the accrual rate. Work 1800 hours each year and you accrue a future benefit of $248 per month for every year upon retirement, with certain reductions before normal retirement age. Working less hours per year gives you a prorated accrual.

The accrual rate is $248 per month for every full year if service. I don't think you understand how a pension works. The money contributed isn't a lump sum payout at the end. If I have 30 full years in and retire at age 64, I get over 7k per month until I die. That counts my time as a part timer and full timer, based on hours worked.
Age 64???? Is that a tier 3 pension?

Gimme Danger

The accrual rate on solvent pensions normally run between 1.2% and 1.8% depending on how good the market is doing. The accrual rates on pension funds that have gone belly up like the Central States, New England Pension Fund, Western Penn etc set a dollar amount disregarding the amount of hours worked by a member. And that is one reason all these funds failed.

In all the failing funds like the ones mentioned above they have given a member who worked 500 hours the same amount as someone who worked 2080 hours. Such practice has led and will continue to lead to the collapse of more pension funds. Making $6.20 an hour and drawing $6K is a recipe for disaster that wont last and will be forced to rectify before you know it.

My little understanding is that the fund does an actuarial study of each bargaining unit to determine what contribution rate supports the desired (or existing) accrual rate. My guess is that the big jump to $11.15/hr after a10 year freeze is needed to maintain the benefit. Keep in mind the $2.1 billion being paid off over a period of time, which helps with funding.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That is the accrual rate. Work 1800 hours each year and you accrue a future benefit of $248 per month for every year upon retirement, with certain reductions before normal retirement age. Working less hours per year gives you a prorated accrual.

Are you saying that with 30 years in your pension will be about 7440 a month, is that at any age also?

Is there a cap at 35 or does the accrual rate continue?

Your part time years are credited how with your full time service?

In the IBT/UPS which covers most of the midwest and south our part time service is separate from our full time years. The UPS pension plan (company controlled) pays one amount for the years of service and a percentage benefit based on what a 30 year pension would of been at the time we left and became full time (minus of course the 6 percent penalty before age 65). Basically it pays peanuts and this tentative contract does nothing to improve that benefit.

I believe that the West combines the part time service and counts it as half of a full time service year. Does the New England or East have the same formula?

LagunaBrown

00A48AF1-3E70-4642-8F22-65B39251A2E8.jpeg
I believe that the West combines the part time service and counts it as half of a full time service year. Does the New England or East have the same formula?
in the West....Our part timers pension applies to PEER retirement and they have a also have a small amount go to a 2nd pension. It’s not cut in half

Last edited:

5habits100

We do have the best supplement and fought back on every concession UPS wanted. UPS wanted to change the schedule times with out the proper notice. They wanted to eliminate the day after thanksgiving as a holiday. They wanted to removed 1/52nd vacation time. They wanted act of God guarantees for full timers 4 hours and part timers 2 hours. They wanted year round casuals and helpers. Let me ask a question to anyone thinking letting part timers into feeders is a concession: Would you rather have dues paying Teamsters do feeder work or let UPS continue to subcontract work out to scabs?
They should hire full-time feeder drivers. If subcontractors are coming into 25 then why aren’t there grievances at the national panel? Sean sat on that panel for years but yet he allows violations to continue.