Exposing the Local 25 supplement

anHOURover

all the brothers up there believe they have the best supplement in the country. They even brag about it !

I just discovered that local 25 has part time feeder drivers
In philly we would be on the street if the company and union agreed to put that to vote

I also am aware that their pension was so bad up in local 25 that they had to make a hybrid plan!
The supplement and pension is a direct representation of the leadership

The Boston bully put me on teamcare now I will expose him and his corrupt leadership.
FACT

Tony Q

I also am aware that their pension was so bad up in local 25 that they had to make a hybrid plan!
Yes, but they were able to take care of themselves. Isn't that what counts?

bowhnterdon

all the brothers up there believe they have the best supplement in the country. They even brag about it !

In philly we would be on the street if the company and union agreed to put that to vote

The Boston bully put me on teamcare now I will expose him and his corrupt leadership.
FACT
Teamcare? Count your blessings.....

wrecker

I fall under that supplement.

We do not have part time feeder drivers.

They have proposed to allow part time workers feeder work during the summer vacation and peak periods.

The way I understand it, they would work full time hours, and would get to work before off the street casuals.

We already have a similar system in package.

DOK

FACT

I agree the hybrid plan is all about increased pension contributions, no doubt, it was the only Ups was going to hire more pension contributing employees. We are basically funding those pension contributions and the 22.4’s salaries by our reduced OT and possibly Monday layoffs.

You’re on Teamcare in Philly? Wasn’t aware of that, thought that was only in the Midwest.

Tony Q

I fall under that supplement.

We do not have part time feeder drivers.

They have proposed to allow part time workers feeder work during the summer vacation and peak periods.

The way I understand it, they would work full time hours, and would get to work before off the street casuals.

We already have a similar system in package.
So what do these hybrid full timers get paid when they are full time half the year? What are they supposed to do the rest of the year when they are Part-Time?

Tony Q

Thought you were gone sweetie? Glad you’re back.
If you look at what I said, I said I would probably chime in. When I see a good topic I have to chime in. This is a good thread, that I think I can add to. This is a good thread to talk about a supplement negotiated by Wideload's favorite negotiator.

Last edited:

Tony Q

Look at what A part time employee who works at UPS for 15 years and wants to make extra money at Peak has to look forward to. This is a concession.
Section 5 - Helpers

Package driver helpers will be used from the Monday of the week prior to Thanksgiving week until December 25 of any contract year. Such employees shall receive $9.50 per hour for the life of the Agreement. Helpers when required by the Employer will punch his/her own time card at the beginning and end of the work day. Helpers will be paid based on hours worked. Helpers will not be allowed to do any driving work whatsoever.

Helper operating plans will be reviewed with the Local Union.

Current part time employees used to supplement helper needs will be paid $ 11.00 per hour for hours worked.

Tony Q

ARTICLE 55 - PART-TIME EMPLOYEES

Section 1

Part-time employees are defined as employees who, when reporting to work as scheduled, shall receive the guarantee provided in Article 22, Section 5 (b), except for those part-time employees scheduled to work eight (8) hours. Should any part-time employee be required

to work beyond the fifth (5th) hour he shall be paid one and one half (1 1/2) times his regular hourly rate for those hours worked in excess of five (5) hours on that day.

When an employee elects to accept an assignment to a second shift, prior to the end of their regular shift this provision shall not apply.

This is a good one. How can a part time employee be scheduled to work 8 hours and be paid straight time?

Tony Q

Part-Time pre hybrid drivers in feeders. These are the original concession stand drivers. These are an Eastern Region Hybrid driver from the 2013-2018 contract.

Section 4

Part-time employees will not be permitted to do tractor trailer feeder driving work. Part-time employees will be permitted to move vehicles within the confines of the Employer's property only for the purpose
of avoiding delay in their work except when unassigned drivers are available in the building.

Where part-time employees are used in the carwash classification, they will be permitted to drive equipment to and from the carwash.

- 10 -

Part-time employees may place their names on a list for Temporary Cover Drivers. The list will be posted for a two
(2) week period effective January 1st and July 1st of each year.

Qualified Temporary Cover Drivers and Casual Drivers may work during the months of June, July, August, the first two (2) weeks in September, and from October 15th through January 15th. Temporary Cover Driver jobs will be filled by part-time employees consistent with Article 57, Section 2 (b) (1). Temporary Cover Drivers will be utilized prior to Casual employees. Temporary Cover Drivers will be recalled based upon earliest date of qualification as a Temporary Cover Driver.

Temporary Cover Drivers shall continue to accrue parttime seniority. Part-time employees who successfully complete
a thirty (30) day qualification period working as a Temporary Cover Driver will not have to complete another probationary period as a successful bidder on a regular full-time position. An employee who fails to qualify shall not be allowed to re-qualify one (1) year.

Once qualified as a Temporary Cover Driver, employees
will be assigned to the building in which they are domiciled
as a part-time employee. Temporary Cover Drivers shall not be required to perform driving work in other buildings unless mutually agreed to by the Employer and the Union.

(a) While performing cover for full-time seniority drivers part-time employees shall receive the applicable package car driver progression rate of pay as provided by Article
41 of the National Master Agreement or his/her part-time wage rate whichever is higher. Part-time employees working as Temporary Cover Drivers shall accumulate progression service time credit which will move them through the progression schedule contained in Article 41. As they reach pay rate anniversaries under the progression schedule they shall receive the appropriate hourly wage rate contained

in the schedule or their part-time rate if higher. Upon per- manent transfer from part-time to full-time the company shall recognize the accumulated progression service time under the Article 41 progression schedule and shall place the new full-time employee at the hourly rate provided by

- 11 -

the progression schedule based upon their accumulated progression service time or their part-time wage rate if higher. It is understood that accumulated progression service will only be recognized for wage schedule progression purposes and not for seniority credit on the full-time seniority list.

(b) While working as a Temporary Cover Driver part-time employees shall be paid eight (8) hours straight time for Sick and Personal Days at the appropriate rate of pay.

Tony Q

4. Casual Feeder Drivers

a. Casual Feeder Driver will not be utilized until feeder
qualified drivers on the TTQ list working in another classification are offered the work. Those intending to work in Feeders
during peak must notify the company of their intent in writing
by October 1st of each year. This declaration will be binding for that year.

b. All peak jobs prior to December 1st inclusive of new jobs will be subject bid prior to a casual being assigned to a specific job. If the seniority list is exhausted, the employer has the right to assign a casual the work.

How does one become Full-Time in the Eastern Region?

Tony Q

ARTICLE 48 - GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE

Section 1 - No Strikes - No Lockouts

The Union and the Employer agree that there shall be no strike, -3-

picketing, lock-out, tie up or legal proceedings without first using all possible means of settlement, as provided for in this Agreement or any Supplement hereto, of any controversy which might arise under this Agreement. The parties further agree that the words
"legal proceedings" as used in this paragraph shall not be construed to prohibit the Union or the Employer from going to court of proper jurisdiction for an injunction against the other for breach of the no-strike, no lock-out, no tie-up, no picketing promises made herein.

So let me get this straight. If we have to go on strike are you even allowed to do so? Or do the rest of us have to hold he line

Gimme Danger

4. Casual Feeder Drivers

a. Casual Feeder Driver will not be utilized until feeder
qualified drivers on the TTQ list working in another classification are offered the work. Those intending to work in Feeders
during peak must notify the company of their intent in writing
by October 1st of each year. This declaration will be binding for that year.

b. All peak jobs prior to December 1st inclusive of new jobs will be subject bid prior to a casual being assigned to a specific job. If the seniority list is exhausted, the employer has the right to assign a casual the work.

How does one become Full-Time in the Eastern Region?

In the New England Supplement, full time promotion is clearly spelled out in article 55, and nationally in Article 22.

ARTICLE 48 - GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE

Section 1 - No Strikes - No Lockouts

The Union and the Employer agree that there shall be no strike, -3-

picketing, lock-out, tie up or legal proceedings without first using all possible means of settlement, as provided for in this Agreement or any Supplement hereto, of any controversy which might arise under this Agreement. The parties further agree that the words
"legal proceedings" as used in this paragraph shall not be construed to prohibit the Union or the Employer from going to court of proper jurisdiction for an injunction against the other for breach of the no-strike, no lock-out, no tie-up, no picketing promises made herein.

So let me get this straight. If we have to go on strike are you even allowed to do so? Or do the rest of us have to hold he line
That is during the term of the contract or extension. No strike no lockout goes away upon expiration.

And you're on the national committee? No wonder we're voting No.

Boston25

FACT

We do have the best supplement and fought back on every concession UPS wanted. UPS wanted to change the schedule times with out the proper notice. They wanted to eliminate the day after thanksgiving as a holiday. They wanted to removed 1/52nd vacation time. They wanted act of God guarantees for full timers 4 hours and part timers 2 hours. They wanted year round casuals and helpers. Let me ask a question to anyone thinking letting part timers into feeders is a concession: Would you rather have dues paying Teamsters do feeder work or let UPS continue to subcontract work out to scabs?

Boston25

O'Brien would have been the best negotiator for this contract. And I guarantee this if he was the head negotiator we would have been out on the street. Hoffa doesn't and never will have the balls to strike UPS neither did Taylor. He was Hoffa's puppet to hurry up the negotiations and get a contract no matter how terrible it is.

Boston25

We also got 6th year round for part timers. As well as more opportunities to go full time. And we also protected RPCD 8 hour guarantee which Taylor couldn't negotiate.

We do have the best supplement and fought back on every concession UPS wanted. UPS wanted to change the schedule times with out the proper notice. They wanted to eliminate the day after thanksgiving as a holiday. They wanted to removed 1/52nd vacation time. They wanted act of God guarantees for full timers 4 hours and part timers 2 hours. They wanted year round casuals and helpers. Let me ask a question to anyone thinking letting part timers into feeders is a concession: Would you rather have dues paying Teamsters do feeder work or let UPS continue to subcontract work out to scabs?
You don’t have the best supplement. Your pension really drags you down. You would be lucky if you are in the top 10.