Express to offer Roth IRA in ‘23

McFeely

Huge Member
Everyone I know that’s been working long enough hasn’t seen a drop like this in 401k balances since 08-09 recession. What exactly are you suggesting? I’m down tens of thousands.

I “lost” 38k in March 2020 alone. Oct 2022 I “gained” 18k back.

I also gained a ton during the Trump years and lost a lot during Biden. Lots of ups and downs during Obama and W’s terms as well. There’s a lot more to the economy than just who is sitting in the Oval Office.

I “lost” 38k in March 2020 alone. Oct 2022 I “gained” 18k back.

I also gained a ton during the Trump years and lost a lot during Biden. Lots of ups and downs during Obama and W’s terms as well. There’s a lot more to the economy than just who is sitting in the Oval Office.
Time and compounding interest is your friend
Trust me after market metal down in2008-2009. It was a lot to chew on
But thankfully I did not quit investing back then

McFeely

Huge Member
Like what, exactly? The entire market is speculation based. And all modern POTUS have been total shmucks.

Big banks, large corporations, capitalism, weather, the Federal Reserve, pandemics, trade policies, etc

Agreed that our last few presidents have been schmucks.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
DJIA

1/19/2021- 31,930
11/11/2022- 33,747
Wow, in the two years that Biden has been crowing about how well he's handled the economy, and how unemployment is low, and how corporations are doing so great that they should be ashamed of themselves -- the DJIA has grown a total of 5.7%.

Congrats?

Wow, in the two years that Biden has been crowing about how well he's handled the economy, and how unemployment is low, and how corporations are doing so great that they should be ashamed of themselves -- the DJIA has grown a total of 5.7%.

Congrats?
You better look again about how the stock market has Fair under our current administration

bacha29

It got shot down by a Texas judge. But the reason I bring it up is you go on and about my bill being forgiven but you have no problem at all having the government spend hundreds of billions of dollars on people with college educations. Many of whom make good salaries. A bit hypocritical don't you think?
A TRUE conservative does not rely on "what aboutisms" or pointing to what others do as a way to legitimize his own actions.
The hard fact is that to be a TRUE conservative you have to be economically set for life in order to live outside of the need for Democrat New Deal and Great Society social programs.

Today's CITO (Conservative In Talk Only) knows that he or she has very little economic space between them and the kind of personal economic crisis that you were faced with . Nowhere near enough space to NOT need benefits some time in the future. Yet they for some reason believe that biting the hand that they will likely need to help them in the future by backing a radical right political agenda that plainly spells out massive cuts to those programs. And for some strange reason believe that the other guy not them will be made to suffer. In doing so they try to hide that eventual need for assistance by backing that agenda in an effort make people believe that they are well enough off to never need that assistance.

So it appears that they are steadfast in their backing of that agenda sacrificing the benefits they will almost certainly need in order to make a very small number of people believe that they are much better off they they actually are.

vantexan

A TRUE conservative does not rely on "what aboutisms" or pointing to what others do as a way to legitimize his own actions.
The hard fact is that to be a TRUE conservative you have to be economically set for life in order to live outside of the need for Democrat New Deal and Great Society social programs.

Today's CITO (Conservative In Talk Only) knows that he or she has very little economic space between them and the kind of personal economic crisis that you were faced with . Nowhere near enough space to NOT need benefits some time in the future. Yet they for some reason believe that biting the hand that they will likely need to help them in the future by backing a radical right political agenda that plainly spells out massive cuts to those programs. And for some strange reason believe that the other guy not them will be made to suffer. In doing so they try to hide that eventual need for assistance by backing that agenda in an effort make people believe that they are well enough off to never need that assistance.

So it appears that they are steadfast in their backing of that agenda sacrificing the benefits they will almost certainly need in order to make a very small number of people believe that they are much better off they they actually are.
So I guess you're a true liberal because while ragging on conservatives you have no problem backing the spending of half a trillion dollars to people who often don't need it but will take it in exchange for their vote. That's the country's tax dollars at work there.

floridays

This is the fact, cash money was taken out of wage earners hands each and every year of their employment, weekly, bi-weekly or quarterly payments for business owners.

No one forced any clown to fill out any paperwork in search of a loan for higher education, and to my understanding Obama put school loans under the Federal government, previously it was treated like a car loan with a local bank or other private lender.

That said, he (Van) was forced into the program (SSI/FICA), only a fool would not avail their self to it when it is available.
(check my grammar @Fred's Myth, :winkiss: ).

Truth be told, if both parties didn't include the SSI/Fica tax receipts into the general fund there would be no problem today.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yet they for some reason believe that biting the hand that they will likely need to help them in the future by backing a radical right political agenda
Define this "radical right political agenda".

It seems like you're just parroting a nonsense propaganda term, but I'm open to hearing your opinion if you can express it without attacking other users' situations.

Serf

I’d bet the average Bernie Sanders supporter doesn’t even know about FDR programs.

Empty Pockets

Attachments

• 1 Vanguard-TD Ameritrade SDBA.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • 2 Vanguard-TD Ameritrade SDBA.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • 3 Vanguard-TD Ameritrade SDBA.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 56
  • 4 Vanguard-TD Ameritrade SDBA.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 74

bacha29

This is the fact, cash money was taken out of wage earners hands each and every year of their employment, weekly, bi-weekly or quarterly payments for business owners.

No one forced any clown to fill out any paperwork in search of a loan for higher education, and to my understanding Obama put school loans under the Federal government, previously it was treated like a car loan with a local bank or other private lender.

That said, he (Van) was forced into the program (SSI/FICA), only a fool would not avail their self to it when it is available.
(check my grammar @Fred's Myth, :winkiss: ).

Truth be told, if both parties didn't include the SSI/Fica tax receipts into the general fund there would be no problem today.
Once again another cold fact you keep ignoring and it is the ONLY fact that matters in this discussion:

SSI/FICA are the ONLY once again ONLY retirement contributions that are federally insured.
Now do you some other retirement program whose contributions are federally insured that we don't know about?

bacha29

So I guess you're a true liberal because while ragging on conservatives you have no problem backing the spending of half a trillion dollars to people who often don't need it but will take it in exchange for their vote. That's the country's tax dollars at work there.
And just exactly who are the people you claim not need it?
So there is a proposal to offer student loan forgiveness. Why would you care? By your own admission you paid a dime in federal income tax in years. All coming from a guy who refused to buy health insurance despite the opportunity to purchase low cost coverage from the exchanges who had to have his 100 thousand dollar plus heart surgery forgiven And all Biden is proposing is giving a measly 10K in student loan forgiveness.
And to top it all off you failed to mention the fact that Bush's TARP plan to rescue fat cat bakers cost the American taxpayers an
incredible.....475 billion dollars.

vantexan

And just exactly who are the people you claim not need it?
So there is a proposal to offer student loan forgiveness. Why would you care? By your own admission you paid a dime in federal income tax in years. All coming from a guy who refused to buy health insurance despite the opportunity to purchase low cost coverage from the exchanges who had to have his 100 thousand dollar plus heart surgery forgiven And all Biden is proposing is giving a measly 10K in student loan forgiveness.
And to top it all off you failed to mention the fact that Bush's TARP plan to rescue fat cat bakers cost the American taxpayers an
incredible.....475 billion dollars.
Typical, step over dollars to pick up pennies. Did you see the limits of who qualified for the student loan forgiveness? It was about buying votes, nothing more. Exactly what was going to happen happened. A judge ruled the president couldn't go around Congress and offer that. They knew all along they couldn't do it. But you were ok giving a half trillion dollars to people making up to $125k a year for a single person. A slap in the face to hard working people without degrees who make considerably less. But you go ballistic over a couple thousand owed in taxes but want to give a guy making $125k up to as much as $20k because he struggles making the student loan, Tesla, and high end apartment payments. You really are a piece of work.

By the way I didn't know Bush rescued bakers. Bread for bread! LMFAO!!

Bush rescuing bankers was about rescuing depositors too and saving the entire banking system from collapse. Amazing that you would compare that to saving rich kids from something they didn't need saving from.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Once again another cold fact you keep ignoring and it is the ONLY fact that matters in this discussion:

SSI/FICA are the ONLY once again ONLY retirement contributions that are federally insured.
Now do you some other retirement program whose contributions are federally insured that we don't know about?
We're not talking about the discussion your multiple personalities are having. Your salient point is significant only to you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
By your own admission you paid a dime in federal income tax in years. All coming from a guy who refused to buy health insurance despite the opportunity to purchase low cost coverage from the exchanges who had to have his 100 thousand dollar plus heart surgery forgiven
6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.