Extended break on Dec 26th???

iruhnman630

This has been an issue before.

Deliveries are typically very light on Dec 26th, meaning a long break between deliveries and pickups.

What is the right thing to do: take extra unpaid break beyond the 50 minutes, or get paid for the downtime between the end of break and pickups?

As far as I'm concerned if we are being told to sit and wait for pickups, we should be gettin paid to sit and wait.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah I'll take my hour break but u bet all the rest will be paid and it'll be at least 8 hours I'm paid for. Hoping for the day off though.

barnyard

KTM rider
I took an extra hour of unpaid break. I got a message that I could drive around and pull stops off a bunch of people and drive back for the pickups. I was warm and comfy, so I drank some more coffee and chillaxed.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I took an extra hour of unpaid break. I got a message that I could drive around and pull stops off a bunch of people and drive back for the pickups. I was warm and comfy, so I drank some more coffee and chillaxed.

Have them set up a meet point without using your phone, it will take them an hour just to figure that out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You get allowed time as long as the wheels are turning.

YesYouDidPushAButton

Have them set up a meet point without using your phone, it will take them an hour just to figure that out.

I did this today. Last pickup 6pm, no earlier. Finished at 3:25. Messaged that I was finished, waiting for instructions and willing to help. They sent me across town to take 6 stops off someone. Did it, got back to my area around 5:15, messaged again that I was waiting for instructions, I heard nothing. Drank coffee and waited out front of my 6pm pickup... What a great day

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Delivered 58 stops and 80 parcels yesterday while putting on 205 miles. Eight pickups resulting in 75 parcels. Wanted me to 05 my time card even though I worked 10 hours.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I did this today. Last pickup 6pm, no earlier. Finished at 3:25. Messaged that I was finished, waiting for instructions and willing to help. They sent me across town to take 6 stops off someone. Did it, got back to my area around 5:15, messaged again that I was waiting for instructions, I heard nothing. Drank coffee and waited out front of my 6pm pickup... What a great day
This is how you do it.