Extra work

mfsmc

Wondering how different centers handle "extra work". Had a driver call out last Thursday leaving a supervisor to run the route. Management was advised by the stewards that they had to mention this during the pcm and offer it to anyone that wanted any extra work just like it has been done for the 25 ft years ive been driving. They are suppose to ask from the top and force from the bottom, Or the sup runs the route and no one can file a grievance for the pay since it was offered. They instead attempted to force a 22.3 driver(me as of 10 months ago) that starts at 330am to take work without offering it at the pcm. I contacted the steward who in turn contacted the center and only then did they send the diad message out offering the work and there were a few takers. The on car sup thinks that because im off at 12pm to 1pm everyday that im "getting off early" and she hates it but she forgets the fact that I have 6 hours in before the drivers even start their day.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Wondering how different centers handle "extra work". Had a driver call out last Thursday leaving a supervisor to run the route. Management was advised by the stewards that they had to mention this during the pcm and offer it to anyone that wanted any extra work just like it has been done for the 25 ft years ive been driving. They are suppose to ask from the top and force from the bottom, Or the sup runs the route and no one can file a grievance for the pay since it was offered. They instead attempted to force a 22.3 driver(me as of 10 months ago) that starts at 330am to take work without offering it at the pcm. I contacted the steward who in turn contacted the center and only then did they send the diad message out offering the work and there were a few takers. The on car sup thinks that because im off at 12pm to 1pm everyday that im "getting off early" and she hates it but she forgets the fact that I have 6 hours in before the drivers even start their day.
Was the route in question a cut(split)/all resi route, or was it an established route with air stops & businesses?

Shift Inhibit

its an established bid route that the driver has run for 10 years minimum
Then they had to give the work to you if you were the only one available(in am) at the time to make Service on the packages or a sup had to run it & get premium stops off then divvy up the resis & metro later on to other drivers.

mfsmc

I go to the airport at 330 am and grab the nda for our center..returning to the center at approx. 730am...unload and they give me on average 15 nda stops to deliver that the drivers would have a hard time making the commit. I leave the building with said packages at about 815am and return to building around 12pm. Im not at the center during the pcm or the drivers start time or when this driver called in...they sent me a message about 1030am while im delivering the air that when I was done at 12ish I had to meet the sup to take stops and they hadn't offered the work at the pcm.

mfsmc

Screenshot_20191019-194947_Drive.jpg

Johney

I have not seen a supervisor run a route in at least 25 years. They'd cut the car and add it to other drivers whether they wanted it or not.

Shift Inhibit

I have not seen a supervisor run a route in at least 25 years. They'd cut the car and add it to other drivers whether they wanted it or not.
I’ve only seen it when a driver can’t make it to work at last minute. Sup usually runs the rte to get air/bulk off then has 3-5 drivers meet up & take the rest.

mfsmc

that's been the case much of the time but sometimes I guess they are chasing their numbers or trying to avoid 9.5 issues...all I know is when I was one of the low seniority guys I was forced many many times to take work because there were no takers ahead of me...

Mycow

One of our on roads normally does the route with a inside part timer till other drivers come and take the work.

Sporhwhore

We are forbidden from going over 9.5 anymore! Even the drivers that opted off 9.5 list.... they just bring in guys from other buildings when we are understaffed instead of the old days of cutting a route

PT Car Washer

I’ve only seen it when a driver can’t make it to work at last minute. Sup usually runs the rte to get air/bulk off then has 3-5 drivers meet up & take the rest.
At my building it normally is 3 to 5 air drivers either PT and or 22.3. We have been told we can be worked up to 14 hours a day with no 9.5 protection.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We are forbidden from going over 9.5 anymore! Even the drivers that opted off 9.5 list.... they just bring in guys from other buildings when we are understaffed instead of the old days of cutting a route
Must be nice. I am on the 9.5 list and work an average of 10.5 per day. Our center manager just lets us file and get paid.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Must be nice. I am on the 9.5 list and work an average of 10.5 per day. Our center manager just lets us file and get paid.
If you went faster you wouldn’t have that problem HA! My route plans 6hrs I do 9.30-9.50 daily otherwise they will just keep adding crap too it.

Sporhwhore

It is nice except it is a massive paycut! For the past 10 years we’ve had unlimited overtime and they just decided now to take it away! Who knows though all that change tomorrow morning ya never know