Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

vpfVeUp25qUD.gif

Looks like some 804 tough guys are running for reelection.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What’s worse is in our hub 2 of the 3 ice machines broke down and now we are going on a week with no ice or no fix …only working one is all the way on the other side of the warehouse that Over 400 drivers are using so by the time more than half of drivers trying to get ice there is nothing left….but yet they give us hot bottles of water and Gatorade packets
You can buy a bag of ice at the Kum n Go for about $1

Trucker Clock

More of your fake news narrative, and wrong again. You should know when to quit. You are really making a fool of yourself.

You posted a story where they cited only 2 documented cases, but said "people are dropping weekly." And the one case was probably not even caused by the heat. His wife said it was. She must be a medical professional, right?

Where are all these cases at? If it was true, they would be reported. Guess what, UPS is required to report these to OSHA. That quote about dropping weekly was fake news from a UPS Driver, not from OSHA or even a credible news source.

These UPS "drivers" use an infared thermometer, which is not accurate for air temperature, and complain about dangerous heat inside the package car, where they know that they don't spend but a few seconds in, to grab the package and slide the rest forward.

If they have to sort, open both doors, and then show me a temperature reading. They will not, because it does not fit their narrative.

What, only one story? So only one building is bitching?

I don't know how many warehouses I deliver/pick up to that also don't have air conditioning. It's a fact of life. Deal with it as we have for the last 100 years.

I bet you also push the green energy mantra. How much pollution do you think would be produced to run A/C in a 500,000 square foot warehouse?

How about all of our "warehouses." Oh, but it's OK. The pollution will kill hundreds, but thousands will be cool while working. You are probably OK with that, right?

Again, what? One driver out of over 100,000. If he actually knew the contract that he was covered under, he would know that what he did was not the correct way to ask for a fan. UPS even stated that it was an error, and was being fixed. Blame that one on Automotive.

But, keep on ruining any integrity you may have left by posting these misleading and deceptive articles.

Integrity

Binge Poster
More of your fake news narrative, and wrong again. You should know when to quit. You are really making a fool of yourself.

You posted a story where they cited only 2 documented cases, but said "people are dropping weekly." And the one case was probably not even caused by the heat. His wife said it was. She must be a medical professional, right?

Where are all these cases at? If it was true, they would be reported. Guess what, UPS is required to report these to OSHA. That quote about dropping weekly was fake news from a UPS Driver, not from OSHA or even a credible news source.

These UPS "drivers" use an infared thermometer, which is not accurate for air temperature, and complain about dangerous heat inside the package car, where they know that they don't spend but a few seconds in, to grab the package and slide the rest forward.

If they have to sort, open both doors, and then show me a temperature reading. They will not, because it does not fit their narrative.

What, only one story? So only one building is bitching?

I don't know how many warehouses I deliver/pick up to that also don't have air conditioning. It's a fact of life. Deal with it as we have for the last 100 years.

I bet you also push the green energy mantra. How much pollution do you think would be produced to run A/C in a 500,000 square foot warehouse?

How about all of our "warehouses." Oh, but it's OK. The pollution will kill hundreds, but thousands will be cool while working. You are probably OK with that, right?

Again, what? One driver out of over 100,000. If he actually knew the contract that he was covered under, he would know that what he did was not the correct way to ask for a fan. UPS even stated that it was an error, and was being fixed. Blame that one on Automotive.

But, keep on ruining any integrity you may have left by posting these misleading and deceptive articles.
You are obviously a company man who cannot see this issue objectively or care for UPS to make improvements in dealing with this issue.

That’s fine.

Wally

You seem very much like a company man.

IMO Very disrespectful post.
We don't even know if the so-called fan problem is all about, do we? Lets get all the fact, then talk.

Those fans do very little besides make dust and noise.

What issue? It's summer, it's hot! Nothing new! Guess what? In 5 months those tough guys in the 804 will be shutting every door in site because it will be cold!

Now if the 804 really want's a/c, let them negotiate for it. They will give stuff up to get it but that is on the voting membership.

Wally

Actually if every Package could be kept at about 90 degrees it would be a dramatic improvement in working conditions for UPS Package Car Drivers in hot conditions.
Which would be most of the time in the 804. OK, we're all good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.