Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why did it take 4 years to create a bunch of combo jobs… or 4 years to negotiate a pilots contract, or 4 years to settle that bunch of grievances that they kept deadlocking on that they knew they’d have to pay eventually. Same old dog and pony show with brown.
All true, however the heat thing is something we always had to deal with.

It could be legal shut down any new fans in reaction to the Heat Queen demanding.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All true, however the heat thing is something we always had to deal with.

It could be legal shut down any new fans in reaction to the Heat Queen demanding.
I agree….if anything the company needs to be punished when they try to discipline people for production during these heat waves… you aren’t going to be Moving like a runner in 95 degrees.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Someone offers a rebuttal to your statements, opinions, and questionable resources....

And that automatically, makes them "Pro" company ?

Come on.

That is a hurdle every Union Rep has to endure, when you tell someone.... what they don't like.

You should know.... ?
No I can handle rebuttal to what I say and can engage in objective disagreement

@ Wally has shown a pattern of behavior and discussion for it to seem that he is a company man. Or just someone looking to cause confusion with comedy as his cover.

What serious rebuttal of his did I miss?

I will be glad to address it now.

Wally

@ Wally has shown a pattern of behavior and discussion for it to seem that he is a company man. Or just someone looking to cause confusion with comedy as his cover.

oie_animation.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well tell me genius what else could fail?
Several things, no?
Other than having you represent somebody with that attitude. That would be a failure in my opinion.
We usually handle these kinds of things with little problem in my local.
So the company deems you did not drink 3 gallons of water and they progressively discipline you and you say well everything else has failed so yes let’s discipline?
I would definitely not say “ so yes let’s discipline”, you’ll never hear me say that.

What I will say to you is:

“who deemed this? “

“what did he or she say?”

“what is the initial form of progressive discipline we are dealing with in your example?”

I’m really tired of your nonsense. You accuse everyone of being a company man when that is in fact you.
I am not a company man. I am for the working man.
And you stand by it😂
I stand by my words, not your misquotations of my words.
I stand by my analysis that you are both a fake and a fraud and not to be taken serious in anyway.
Noted.

Thebrownblob

Several things, no?

We usually handle these kinds of things with little problem in my local.

I would definitely not say “ so yes let’s discipline”, you’ll never hear me say that.

What I will say to you is:

“who deemed this? “

“what did he or she say?”

“what is the initial form of progressive discipline we are dealing with in your example?”

I am not a company man. I am for the working man.

I stand by my words, not your misquotations of my words.

Noted.

Again I misrepresented nothing, you’re a fake you’re a fraud and according to your post right here you think management has the right discipline based on some sort of failure driver You think the driver had that may had something to do with the heat with like illness. You keep saying you absolutely do believe it and then say you’re not a company man lol🤡🤡.

And again I will reiterate you have turned what is and can be a very serious issue of taking care of yourself in extreme heat into a complete and total joke. The way you approach a issue is juvenile, condescending and Embarrassing.

You are not a driver your opinion is not valid nor wanted. Please stop turning issues that do not pertain to you into a joke.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If you pay attention to the flow of the conversation;

I was addressing the rebuttal from @Trucker Clock.... not @Wally

You are not a driver your opinion is not valid nor wanted.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.

@Integrity

Pkg cars and buildings are not going to be "retro-fitted" with AC.

The only hope is "new vehicles put in service" (based on climatic conditions) after a certain date.

And, address solutions to enhance ventilation in all the operations.

That's what is going to happen.

-Bug-

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

@Integrity

Pkg cars and buildings are not goin to be "retro-fitted" with AC.

The only hope is "new vehicles put in service" (based on climatic conditions) after a certain date.

-Bug-
“Everyone has a right to an opinion.”

Agreed, better stated by me would be he’s not entitled to his own facts, nor dominating the discussion with trivial solutions that will not happen.

Wally

How much heat would 804 tough guys tolerate if they received "heat index bonus" in their pay?

Stop beotching and get smart.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am trying. Sorry
Oh OK, my bad.

What rebuttal?

Can you help me out?
True so true.
@Integrity

Pkg cars and buildings are not going to be "retro-fitted" with AC.
Probably not.
Point taken.

That is how situations involving package cars have been dealt with in the past.
Good.
Sounds reasonable.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again I misrepresented nothing, you’re a fake you’re a fraud and according to your post right here you think management has the right discipline based on some sort of failure driver You think the driver had that may had something to do with the heat with like illness. You keep saying you absolutely do believe it and then say you’re not a company man lol🤡🤡.

And again I will reiterate you have turned what is and can be a very serious issue of taking care of yourself in extreme heat into a complete and total joke. The way you approach a issue is juvenile, condescending and Embarrassing.

You are not a driver your opinion is not valid nor wanted. Please stop turning issues that do not pertain to you into a joke.
I tried to develop the conversation from your post.

Why don’t you just respond to the issue and the post at hand?

I hope management doesn’t stump you this easy when you are in representing one of your guys.

Thebrownblob

I tried to develop the conversation from your post.

Why don’t you just respond to the issue and the post at hand?

I hope management doesn’t stump you this easy when you are in representing one of your guys.
My record speaks for itself. Unfortunately your statements here speak for themselves the only one stumped here is you. Your constant misrepresenting the truth about trying to develop conversations as well-known because you cannot develop a conversation reading from a card and posting the same response over and over again. here’s a really good gauge on if you can tell if someone is either lying or completely full of crap. UPS is not intimidated by anyone and if you win something they will never let you see other than paying for their mistake with money they will never admit wrongdoing.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
My record speaks for itself. Unfortunately your statements here speak for themselves the only one stumped here is you. Your constant misrepresenting the truth about trying to develop conversations as well-known because you cannot develop a conversation reading from a card and posting the same response over and over again. here’s a really good gauge on if you can tell if someone is either lying or completely full of crap.
?
UPS is not intimidated by anyone and if you win something they will never let you see other than paying for their mistake with money they will never admit wrongdoing.
Local UPS management is definitely intimidated by integrity.

Not Integrity but integrity.

I have seen so little of it at UPS.

UPS gets forced by OSHA.

UPS will then put a memo out of the change and they will falsely claim they are doing it for the sake of the safety of their employees.

They will never mention being forced by OSHA In the memo and they will definitely never mention their refusal to make the change that lead the employee to file a formal complaint with OSHA in the first place to initiate the change

Thebrownblob

?

Local UPS management is definitely intimidated by integrity.

Not Integrity but integrity.

I have seen so little of it at UPS.

UPS gets forced by OSHA.

UPS will then put a memo out of the change and they will falsely claim they are doing it for the sake of the safety of their employees.

They will never mention being forced by OSHA In the memo and they will definitely never mention their refusal to make the change that lead the employee to file a formal complaint with OSHA in the first place to initiate the change

Maybe that’s your experience with OSHA but mine is their quite upfront about coming and putting on a dog and pony show they do not come to talk to you the workers but for more than a few minutes then they sit with management for hours and leave. After that not much changes. Some months later you may hear of a fine and some sort of half baked measure that was put in place for the company to do and it is also only halfway instituted.

OSHA has been called numerous times that my building due to egress issues, each time they come out a show is put on egress is better for approximately 5 to 10 days and then it goes back to the way it was or even worse.

The current OSHA visit or investigation was canceled it was due to heat related issues it has not been rescheduled and there has been no more talk of them coming. and even when they were scheduled to come it was hilarious that they called and asked what would be a good day and UPS told them it would be much better if you came two weeks from now so we could prepare. LOL prepare? This big scary rules and regulation driven organization meant to protect the workers takes direction from a multinational billion dollar corporation? Color me unimpressed.
I’m not putting my hope in bureaucrats. My hope is the men and women who actually do the job and our union who actually represents us will listen to us and effectively negotiate for guarantees we desire.

Last edited:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Maybe that’s your experience with OSHA but mine is their quite upfront about coming and putting on a dog and pony show they do not come to talk to you the workers but for more than a few minutes then they sit with management for hours and leave. After that not much changes. Some months later you may hear of a fine and some sort of half baked measure that was put in place for the company to do and it is also only halfway instituted.

OSHA has been called numerous times that my building due to egress issues, each time they come out a show is put on egress is better for approximately 5 to 10 days and then it goes back to the way it was or even worse.

The current OSHA visit or investigation was canceled it was due to heat related issues it has not been rescheduled and there has been no more talk of them coming. and even when they were scheduled to come it was hilarious that they called and asked what would be a good day and UPS told them it would be much better if you came two weeks from now so we could prepare. LOL prepare? This big scary rules and regulation driven organization meant to protect the workers takes direction from a multinational billion dollar corporation? Color me unimpressed.
I’m not putting my hope in bureaucrats. My hope is the men and women who actually do the job and our union who actually represents us will listen to us and effectively negotiate for guarantees we desire.
You seem to get it.
Since “OSHA” is made up of people, (you can generalize and say Federal employees that are counting their days to retirement), but getting calls day and night from disgruntled junior activists like numb nuts on here, the average person would get tired of the false alarms and go through the site visit motions and establish a perception about the people doing the complaining.
Some dumbasses don’t get the “pick your battles” strategy, so they get Nothing done.
He’s too stupid to understand that though.

Wally

Watch OSHA come in and say, "have the drivers open the rear door if the have to be back there for any length of time".

"OK, problem solved"...

Status
Not open for further replies.