Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You are obviously a company man who cannot see this issue objectively or care for UPS to make improvements in dealing with this issue.

That’s fine.

Someone offers a rebuttal to your statements, opinions, and questionable resources....

And that automatically, makes them "Pro" company ?

Come on.

That is a hurdle every Union Rep has to endure, when you tell someone.... what they don't like.

You should know.... ?

Thebrownblob

Someone offers a rebuttal to your statements, opinions, and questionable resources....

Come on.

That is a hurdle every Union Rep has to endure, when you tell someone.... what they don't like.

You should know.... ?
It is humorous that the guy who says his opinion is management should be able to use progressive discipline for heat related injuries would call anyone other than himself “A company man”

He has zero credibility

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Seems strange to think a/c
Well then you post so much silly stuff you don’t even know what you say maybe you should take a break permanently. Since you don’t seem to recall your own posts
It could be the heat? These Heat Queens don't hydrate properly.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well then you post so much silly stuff you don’t even know what you say maybe you should take a break permanently. Since you don’t seem to recall your own posts
I remember clearly.

I would never say that any progressive discipline is warranted for any injury.

Progressive discipline after an injury is one of the worst possible acts a big company such as UPS can take against one of it’s employees. I really think they can get sued for doing this. Rightfully so in my book.

It is also a violation of Article 14 Section 1 of the Master.

UPS tries it in my area but I personally have never seen them get away with it.

Some Local UPS management have serious issues. I have seen many that IMO could benefit from some form of therapy.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

I remember clearly.

I would never say that any progressive discipline is warranted for any injury.

Progressive discipline after an injury is one of the worst possible acts a big company such as UPS can take against one of it’s employees. I really think they can get sued for doing this. Rightfully so in my book.
UPS tries it in my area but I personally have never seen them get away with it.

Some Local UPS management have serious issues. I have seen many that IMO could benefit from some form of therapy.

Then I will try one more time to get you to explain why you said when all else fails you believe in “your opinion” management has the right to discipline for these issues?

Did you miss speak? Or do you believe it?

If you miss spoke be a man and apologize and move on, if you believe it embrace it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Then I will try one more time to get you to explain why you said when all else fails you believe in “your opinion” management has the right to discipline for these issues?

Did you miss speak? Or do you believe it?

If you miss spoke be a man and apologize and move on, if you believe it embrace it.
I would hope that as a Shop Steward you would not view your position on this matter as irrelevant.

My opinion as a former 15 Year Steward is that when all else fails that local management has a right to initiate progressive discipline to correct an employee who refuses to follow a UPS Safe work method/training?

I would go further to say that after every other possible means is exhausted to help the employee fulfill his/her responsibility to the company, their coworkers, and themselves, the company not only has a right but an obligation to see that this problem is corrected even if progressive discipline is required.
I stand by what I said, above.

I do not stand by what you claim I said.

However I am adamant that once an injury occurs the window of opportunity for correction is closed therefore IMO there can be no “just cause” for discipline for the injured worker.
IMO it would be unlawful and a contract violation to discipline as the result of a reported injury.

Thebrownblob

I stand by what I said, above.

I do not stand by what you claim I said.

However I am adamant that once an injury occurs the window of opportunity for correction is closed therefore IMO there can be no “just cause” for discipline for the injured worker.
IMO it would be unlawful and a contract violation to discipline as the result of a reported injury.
Well tell me genius what else could fail? Other than having you represent somebody with that attitude. That would be a failure in my opinion.

So the company deems you did not drink 3 gallons of water and they progressively discipline you and you say well everything else has failed so yes let’s discipline?
I’m really tired of your nonsense. You accuse everyone of being a company man when that is in fact you. And you stand by it😂
I stand by my analysis that you are both a fake and a fraud and not to be taken serious in anyway.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I’ll be glad in about three weeks when he can STFU about the subject
It’ll find some other idiotic campaign to embrace.
It’s got it’s head so far up it’s ass, it thinks it’s actually achieving something positive.
Just something to laugh at and be thankful we’re not as :censored2:ed up as it’s schtick.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’ll find some other idiotic campaign to embrace.
It’s got it’s head so far up it’s ass, it thinks it’s actually achieving something positive.
Just something to laugh at and be thankful we’re not as :censored2:ed up as it’s schtick.
I am impressed.

Very stable response about someone so messed up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I mean, a fan is contractually negotiated already. Sadly, the question should be, why has it taken four years and the entire fleet of package cars doesn’t have them?
Why did it take 4 years to create a bunch of combo jobs… or 4 years to negotiate a pilots contract, or 4 years to settle that bunch of grievances that they kept deadlocking on that they knew they’d have to pay eventually. Same old dog and pony show with brown.

Trucker Clock

Come on.

You should know.... ?

OK. I take back my inappropriate comment about you charging for your advice. I was actually being half sarcastic about the money. Although you did say, awhile back, that your "knowledge" will come with a price.

Yes, we are on the same side.

@Integrity doesn't understand how contract negotiations work. If we were to push hard for A/C, and make it a strike issue, we will have to give up something big. And I am not willing to do that. If hundreds of UPSers went down weekly, it may be a different story. But, we see articles about 2 or 3. So, it is not as big a problem as @Integrity likes to think, or post, that it is.

Focus on excessive OT, 6th punches, 22.4's, healthcare, pension and retirement, you know, the important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.