Facial hair medical release

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1-855-877-4772
Ask for the beard release form. They should email it to you. Go to the dermatologist have them fill it out correctly and your good to go

Wonder if they need any help in the Beard release department

Think I might apply
But, if I got the job would I still have to shave everyday?

purehavanne

contact the UPS Human Resources Service Center at 1-855-UPS-HRSC (855-877-4772). Service center representatives are available between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.

They will take your UPS ID and e-mail you a form. Print the form, take it to any doctor, (even cheap walk-in clinics) and have them write that shaving causes you irritation and discomfort. Scan and e-mail the document back to the e-mail they give you. You have 15 days to do so.

Source: I did it myself & over half of my center has a beard lol

OptimusPrime

Two things really helped me out. One was switching to an electric razor. Seemed using a blade left my skin more open to irritation. And I'd even been using a double edged safety razor as that was supposed to help.(It was better, but not enough) The second was to quit wiping my face on my sleeves. Those nasty uniforms we have would irritate the hell out of my face. Found that 100% cotton towels really did the trick.

Now that being said I'm a white guy. Seemed a lot of African american guys around my age were getting cases of really nasty razor bumps and ingrown hairs from shaving everyday. The beards look a lot better.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Even with a doctors note you will still need approval from the district nurse, and the nurse will want to see proof of attempt to remedy the condition with other options. One simple doctors note didn't work for me

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Nair™ for Men Body Cream is great for large body areas. Nair™ for Men Body Cream can be used on a man's chest, back, legs and arms. ... NairMen Hair Remover Body Cream does not affect the rate at which one's hair grows, nor the character or thickness of the hair shaft.

@Indecisi0n APPROVED
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Even with a doctors note you will still need approval from the district nurse, and the nurse will want to see proof of attempt to remedy the condition with other options. One simple doctors note didn't work for me
District nurse?!?!?!?!?!

UPS2012

I win no matter what
We have more than 10 drivers here with beards. Your primary doctor can sign the forms. It doesn't necessarily have to be a dermatologist.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2428.GIF
Some people have legit skin issues and they cannot shave every day. If I shave every day my whole neck gets all red with massive bumps and bleeding all over. I started shaving every other day and once managment started picking on me I went to the Doctor and don't shave now. I have tried everything.... the older I have got the worse the issue has gotten.

Thanks for thinking everybody is like you and doesn't get irritation that makes it hard to live with, especially in the summer months when salty sweat irritates it more.

I have a problem taking steroids every day as the doctor said I could, I could just not shave and have a healthy body minus the steroids.

Thanks for your concern though brother!!!