Facial hair medical release

Hellobrown2000

contact the UPS Human Resources Service Center at 1-855-UPS-HRSC (855-877-4772). Service center representatives are available between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.

They will take your UPS ID and e-mail you a form. Print the form, take it to any doctor, (even cheap walk-in clinics) and have them write that shaving causes you irritation and discomfort. Scan and e-mail the document back to the e-mail they give you. You have 15 days to do so.

Source: I did it myself & over half of my center has a beard lol
In my center for the past 5 years if someone wants a note it has to be from a "ups" doctor. A normal dermatologist isn't allowed.

I posted this in another thread on the same subject. Some of us really do need medical exemption.

I have super sensitive skin. My manager told me my short boxed beard has gotta go. I informed him my hair grows crooked and in spirals, so if I was to shave every day my face would break out in pimples and nasty pustules from in-grown hairs. I thought that was the end of it once I explained it.

A few days later a super gave me a copy of the appearance policy. I told him what the deal was with my facial hair and shaving (I keep a tidy and tight short boxed beard at 2cm).

So I'm told nothing to do but shave, despite no preload appearance policy. So I do. I was new didn't wanna raise any BS.

By the end of the week my face is covered in ingrown hairs and pimples and scabs with razor burn. With all the dust it was even worse than normal. I was unloading one day and someone says I'm bleeding so I check my body and he's like "no, your face, and from like, everywhere man".

I go to the super who gave me the appearance policy and ask if I'm bleeding from anywhere. He says cleanup in the bathroom and please whatever you do keep your beard.

/shrug

Haven't heard anything since and it's been 3 months.

It's funny though, some people go weeks or months without changing the same clothes they wear every day.. and it gets bad enough it smells like B.O. with burger King and male cat pee. The fans don't help they just blow the stank around so everyone suffers.

But a finely groomed man is unacceptable. Rofl.

A clean cut man in uniform is up there, but give me a big beefy meaty dude with a bountiful beard and wide shoulders and a big trunk any day. Chest hair is plenty OK, too. Bonus if Italian or European and 40's or 50's.

I'm a bear/lumberjack kinda guy. Men or women, I really can't stand anyone under 25, regardless of how attractive they are. But if I don't feel a beard brushing against mine, I can't do it, man.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A clean cut man in uniform is up there, but give me a big beefy meaty dude with a bountiful beard and wide shoulders and a big trunk any day. Chest hair is plenty OK, too. Bonus if Italian or European and 40's or 50's.
I'm 62 and my wife has a big trunk ... we work together as a team.

Trunk open.jpg

Come here during the mushroom season. I'll literally show you guys new worlds. Ferns as high as your chest, free mushrooms and berries everywhere, beautiful species of trees, or the whales, the feeling of being warm and dry in a tent during late autumn is amazing.

During the mushroom season I harvest spores and tissue samples, send stuff in for genetics and sell the rest to commercial farms looking for new genetics. Stumbling across reiishi the size of a dinner plate is 300 bucks easy at the local market or Asian communities. 500 to a health shop.

Pay for the trip just finding something. It's like hunting for 50 dollar bills.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Come here during the mushroom season. I'll literally show you guys new worlds. Ferns as high as your chest, free mushrooms and berries everywhere, beautiful species of trees, or the whales, the feeling of being warm and dry in a tent during late autumn is amazing.

During the mushroom season I harvest spores and tissue samples, send stuff in for genetics and sell the rest to commercial farms looking for new genetics. Stumbling across reiishi the size of a dinner plate is 300 bucks easy at the local market or Asian communities. 500 to a health shop.

Pay for the trip just finding something. It's like hunting for 50 dollar bills.
I look for shrooms too!

No kidding? I just had a smaller species of oysters in my breakfast omelet, and I'm really craving a thick and meaty and moist boletus edulis.. but that's still months out.. if you go on the coast you can follow the deer and find swaths of them.

In early to late winter, follow the small mammals and find enokitake (flammulina velutipes). I found a whole log infested with them. They lasted us through spring.